Note: This offer has now expired. Thank you!
The last time we did a bike servicing offer with Lunar Cycles in Kentish Town, things got a little crazy and we sold a lot more than we expected. Since then, a lot of people have been asking me when we’re going to do a follow on promotion. Finally, today is the day!
As you may know, this time of the year is fairly quiet for bike shops, as a lot of commuters haven’t yet returned to their bikes. This means that it’s one of the few times of the year when bike shops are able to offer these big discounts. It’s a great chance to jump in, before the shops get busy again.
Generally, most bikes need servicing once every 12 months. If your bike is feeling a little tired and there’s a few more squeaks and creaks than normal, or if it’s been in hibernation over winter and you are getting ready to spring it back in to action, then now may be a good time to treat it to a service.
The good news is, thanks to teaming with Pocket High Street, we’ve been able to go big and partner with a total of 17 stores in London. This means there’s a much better chance that they’ll be one near your commuting route.
The same as last time round, we’ve made sure that we’ve only hand picked local London bike shops that have consistently received great reviews and recommendations for their bicycle servicing and customer service.
We’ve added 5 new stores!
- Bike Trax – Wanstead – Down from £55 to £44 (20% off)
- Giant Store St. Pauls – City of London – Down from £80 to £64 (20% off)
- Druid Cycles – London Bridge – Down from £55 to £46.75 (15% off)
- Half Pipe London – Kensington – Down from £80 to £60 (25% off)
- There Cycling – Hanwell – Down from £60 to £42 (30% off)
Balfe’s – 30% off from £65 to £45.50
Dulwich, Streatham, Kennington
This is Balfe’s mid-level geared bicycle servicing option. It includes:
- Entire Drive Train removed and degreased in our environmentally friendly Rozone parts cleaner. This includes the Chain-set, Chain, Front Mechanism, Rear Mechanism and Cassette.
- Once removed each part is serviced once clean and in detail.
- Brakes removed and cleaned, then serviced individually away from the bike.
- Bottom Bracket serviced where the unit allows us or replaced within the labour cost. (Not including parts.)
- Hubs adjusted where necessary. • Headset serviced or replaced within the labour cost. (Not including parts.)
- Wheels trued where necessary including labour to replace broken or bent spokes.
- All fixings including pedals, chain ring bolts, axles, stem bolts checked and adjusted to the correct tension.
- Labour includes replacement of cables where necessary (labour only)
- And finally, your tyres are pumped to the correct PSI!
Mosquito – 38% off from £80 to £50
Mosquito bikes are offering 38% off their most popular service. It includes:
- Brakes adjusted (pads fitted if required)
- Gears adjusted / indexed
- Headset inspected and adjusted
- Bottom bracket inspected and adjusted
- Hubs inspected and adjusted
- Seatpost removed, regreased and reinserted to correct torque
- Drivetrain removed and degreased in parts washer
- Brake surfaces cleaned with a Mavic rim rubber - Chain lubricated
- Frame and fork washed with soapy water
- Wheels removed from frame and trued in jig
- Tyres inspected for wear and inflated to correct pressure
- Test ridden
Zeevon – 30% off from £45 to £31.50
- Wheels trued
- Bearing areas externally checked
- Full nut and bolt check
- full safety check
- Brakes adjusted
- Gears adjusted
- Tyres inflated
Mamachari – 24% off from £33 to £25
Mamachari are opening up their famous workshop to London Cyclist readers with 24% off their tune up service.
- Includes set up and adjustment of all components
- Lube where appropriate
- Truing of wheels
- Forks and frame checked for alignment
Moore’s Cycles – 27% off from £74.99 to £54.99
Twickenham, Isleworth, Teddington
- Drivetrain removed, cleaned, inspected, lubricated and refitted (chain, cassette, chainset, front and rear gear mechanisms)
- Wheel hubs removed, cleaned, inspected, lubricated and refitted
- Add £5 for bikes with cable disc brake(s)
- Add £10 for bikes with hydraulic disc brakes, including brake bleeding if necessary
- Brake fluid is charged at £4 if required 20% off service charge (labour) for single speed bikes
- Wipe down frame and forks
- Full safety check for road worthiness
- Tighten, adjust and lubricate brake system
- Tighten, adjust and lubricate gear system
- Tighten all bike parts
- Full examination of all bike parts and advice on further repairs where necessary
Cycle PS – 25% off from £55 to £41.25
- Front and rear breaks adjusted
- Front and rear derailleurs adjusted
- Drivetrain thoroughly degreased and lubricated
- Bottom bracket removed and cleaned, bearings checked, all re-greaesd and refitted
- Headset checked for functionality
- Front and rear wheels removed and trued
- Frame, forks and wheel rims cleaned
Pedal It – 25% off from £120 to £90
Pedal It have 25% off their full comprehensive bike service, which includes new cables.
How does it work?
Here’s the important bit:
- You can buy one of the above service options through the Pocket High Street website up until 31st of March 2015
- You must schedule your service by April 30th 2015
If during the bike service, the shop discovers for example that your chain needs replacing, then this of course will be extra and charged by the bike shop. Generally, when a bike shop mechanic says to me “your chain is worn out” I’ll be happy to let them put a new one on. Of course, if you have a difference preference, then you can specify that to the shop.
Once you’ve purchased the service through the Pocket High Street link, the email from them will include the shops details so you can call up and book your service.
Any feedback or questions – please do share them below.