Twitter remains one of my favourite ways to keep in touch with everyone who follows London Cyclist. It’s often the first place I find out about new things and quickly share them with the 2,800 people who follow. It’s also a great way for me to quickly answer questions people have.
I wanted to take a quick look through some of the top things that I’ve tweeted in the past 6 months to see what sort of things are really popular amongst Twitter readers:
- London Cycle Hire Status Map – Very cool visualisation of the usage of the cycle hire scheme
- What cyclists can be fined for – This received 500 clicks from just 1 tweet. Obviously something people are interested in!
- Silly ways to use the cycle hire scheme – posted on the day of the cycle hire scheme launch I’m guessing this got plenty of fan fare from the fact it was a trending topic for the day
- Guide to cycling in London – The free PDF eBook I launched on London Cyclist
- The world’s loudest bicycle horn – I guess anything with “The world’s loudest” is going to have big success!
- Where to get your bike tagged – Lists the dates the police are tagging bikes in London. Goes to show people are very interested in bike safety.
- Guardian compares the London Cycle Hire Scheme to the Paris one – The sheer interest around the Cycle Hire scheme and anything related to it has been staggering in the past 30 days.
- London Cycle Cafe’s – who? where? what? – A look at the London Cycle Cafe’s everyone has been talking about
- Who are the least courteous drivers in London? – Ask a controversial question and you’re sure to get some heated debates
- Cycle training pays off in Sheffield – It cost the equivalent of a metre of highway and led to an estimated increase in cycling of 70%
- Hello Joe competition – High vis clothing is a big hit with London Cyclist readers as are giveaways!
- Every bicycle theft victims dream – a YouTube video showing the somewhat cruel revenge on a bicycle thief
- Why bike thieves should be very afraid – The new cycle task force is in London
- 10 London cycling events you shouldn’t miss out on – Be part of the London cycling community, try out these events!
- Top 50 cycling blogs 2010 – A pain to put together but always a big hit!
- Why do police target cyclists who jump red lights? – A question we all want the answer to
- Cyclist fined £700 after jumping red light – Shows you why you should just accept the fine
- Danny McAskill in Chamonix – Great YouTube from a cycling superstar
- London Cyclist releases eBook with 25 London Cycle Routes – And I’m glad to say it has been well received!
- Daily Mail hate campaign against cyclists – Unfortunately Tweets like this are very popular which I guess is why the Daily Mail continues to write articles like it.
What will the next 6 months of twittering bring us? Who knows! But it’s certain controversy, giveaways and intrigue and the three things that bring in the Twitter clicks!