- “Because I enjoy seeing all the things around me”
- “Bicycling keeps me in shape”
- “I like going on bike rides with my boyfriend to socialise”
- “I hate public transport”
- “I cycle because going to the gym never really worked for me”
- “Unlike drivers sitting in traffic inside a car I get a direct connection to my environment. Which feels more real.”
- “Slowing down to the urban biking pace reveals a city that many urban dwellers hadn’t taken notice of, yet.”
- “Cycling is a great meditation – it gives you time to think about the challenges you are facing.”
- “I ride so I can shave my legs and wear spandex.”
- “I like the sound of my tires when they turn fast.”
- “Because there’s nothing like suffering on the bike to make you appreciate a shower, clean clothes, and a plate of food.”
- “Because one of my most vivid childhood memories is the moment that my training wheels stopped rattling against the ground.”
- I ride my bike to stay connected……with people, places, events and memories.
- “I have the road to myself. Fog, wind and solitude. I love it.”
- “Because I love hearing the soft movement of gears spinning below you”
- “It puts me in a good mood, particularly if you’re cycling past lines of cars waiting in a jam.”
Why do you cycle?
Join 5,112 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.