Here is 2011’s top cycling blogs list. Enjoy and make sure you add some more great blogs to your RSS or Twitter feeds. The list is based on factors including page rank, Alexa Rank, Google In-links, Twitter and number of comments.
- When I first created the list in 2009 just 24% of bike blogs included had a Twitter account. In 2010 that grew to 62% and now in 2011 you are really the odd one out if you don’t have a Twitter account – 73%
- The three blogs with the most active commenters are: Bike Snob NYC, Fat Cyclist and London Cyclist – thanks guys!
- The three bike blogs with the most traffic are: Bike Rumor, Prolly is not Probably and Bike Portland.
- Bike Snob NYC has the most Twitter followers: 16,134
- 11% of blogs included are focused on “Cycle Chic”
Some notes on the bike blogs list:
- My definition of blog: The site has to be primarily focused around the blog and can’t be part of a much wider organisation E.g. the excellent Guardian Bike Blog can’t be included.
- Must be recently active and have as a main topic cycling
- I’m always on the lookout for more bike blogs and any left in the comments below will be considered for the 2012 list
Yellow = New entry in top 50
Biggest mover = Let’s go ride a bike
See also: The 2010 list.
Join 10,221 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.