Here are 7 of my favourite tips from last weeks Zalando Competition where people submitted their tips for new cyclists. I’ve included the winning entry at the end. Ben Broomfield Don’t ride without protection! Always carry a puncture repair kit and pump. – I was wondering how this post was going to end and I […]
Archive | Cycling tips RSS feed for this section
We started off the year with some rather dramatic wind speeds sweeping across the UK and London. For some cyclists, this meant brushing the dust off the Oyster card and braving the public transport system. Undoubtedly, as soon as the aggressive fare rises were noticed, promises were made to get back on the bike. So […]
It’s easy as we head into winter to lose motivation to cycle. Grey gloomy views make you think maybe I’ll just take the tube or bus today. However, as someone who’s given up on the bike only to come running back, I can tell you it’s worth sticking to it. Here’s some tips that work […]
This is a guest post by Going Going Bike Do you know what your bike is worth? It’s not that easy to know and that is why we are now providing a free bicycle valuation service to everyone who visits Going Going Bike. We’ll be totally honest with you and tell you whether your bike […]
Over time I’ve investigated a number of options for carrying my shopping from the supermarket to my house. I started off simply loading the shopping on my handlebars. This, as you would expect, often turns into a bit of a disaster and makes for some very wobbly steering. I’ve also tried a big gym bag […]
For those who like to get the training miles in whenever the opportunity arises a frequently heard complaint is “there’s simply not enough hours in the day!”. A new eBook by Rebecca Ramsay called The Cyclist’s Time Efficiency Formula, promises to show you the process for finding the time and maximising the result of your […]
I’ve been getting a few emails lately that go along the lines of: “Oh holy Andreas, with your infinite cycling wisdom, how do I go about finding more people to cycle with?” Personally, I enjoy going out for a ride with a friend. It combines a good catch up with exercise and enjoyment of the […]
A friend recently asked me a question I’d not considered: How do you get your shirts into work uncreased? I iron them, fold them, put them in my bag and cycle them in. Then I store a weeks worth of shirts in the office locker. I’ve found they don’t get that creased in the bag […]
This is part 2 of the Yoga for Cyclists series. Being a keen daily cyclist and a yoga teacher, I am often wondering how many London cyclists actually stretch out their cycling muscles. I wonder like me, if you stay in bed in the mornings for as long as possible so when you get to […]
Have you ever walked out of a bike shop feeling highly irritated with how you’ve been treated? Maybe the staff were patronising, didn’t listen to your needs or pushed too hard to get you to order a service you didn’t need. It’s an unfortunate story that many cyclists, especially those new to the game, will […]
On a recent ride to meet the guys from Foffa Bikes (more on that soon!) I started to really feel the warmer weather. For hydration I’ve always relied on a simple water bottle like that from www.qualitylogoproducts.com attached to a Topeak bottle cage. A quick stop at the traffic light gives me time for a swig […]
Yesterday, I took up swimming at my local leisure center. I’m doing it to lose weight after the America trip (I’ve never seen portions so huge!) and also, more importantly, for a swimming event in July I’ll be taking part of. As I write this I’m aching a little from the workout but I think […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- The best places in London to buy a singlespeed 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- airush kites j c penneys online shopping: Hey there this is kinda of off topic but I was won...
- David: I'm having to do away with my singlespeed as it'...
- mairead: This is the first sensible article on how to ride ...
- Mrs janet groves: - can't wait to hear how some cyclists get around...
- geoff: Hi John, a useful message and something of a wake-...
- Van Finkletein: Quite right! Hence my pervious puzzlement.... it n...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists