Special thanks for the inspiration behind this post go out to my friend Rob who’s just become a cyclist and the helpful chap in Camden Cycle Surgery. The essential bike accessories Lock, lights, helmet, track pump and lockable skewers. 1. Bike lock Suggestion: Kryptonite New York 3000 Price: £65 In-store or online: In-store (Cycle to […]
Tag Archives | bike
In this weeks comment Friday we’re dreaming of our next bike purchase. Road bike, single speed, mountain bike… what takes your fancy as a potential next bike purchase? My next bike purchase will be a…. This weeks posts if you missed them: Guide to finding a cycling buddy Trailer for the new movie Premium Rush […]
As our plane freed itself from the gravitational confines of the earth, I tucked my head into my book. A calm flight lasting an hour and fifteen minutes lay ahead of me. However, the past three hours had been anything but calm. Everything started at 4 am. Awoken rudely by my alarm I climbed out […]
“Take it for a test drive!” “Sure”, I said, “what’s the harm?” Within a few seconds my name was being signed on a piece of paper. The bike was now my responsibility. 30 seconds later I was officially in love. I had somehow suddenly found my posterior sat comfortably on a Schindelhauer Siegfried in Schist […]
No Nicole today as she is feeling under the weather – Get well soon! Instead here’s a guest post by WallToAll who I invited along to instil us with the virtues of the Strida! Those brave hearts who weave in and out of London’s motor traffic use a variety of devices based on the bicycle: […]
“Influenced by handbuilt porteur bicycles of the 50s and 60s" says the description of the Caferacer or Cafe Racer (Depending on which site you visit). The bike has the classic features of a Dutch bike: 7sp hub gears, internal cable routing and a chain cover. The Caferacer is all about upright riding and staying classy! […]
Here is 2011’s top cycling blogs list. Enjoy and make sure you add some more great blogs to your RSS or Twitter feeds. The list is based on factors including page rank, Alexa Rank, Google In-links, Twitter and number of comments. Some interesting stats: When I first created the list in 2009 just 24% of […]
Thank goodness there are less than 30 days to go until the start of British Summer Time but even when the clocks go back, we still have a good few weeks cycling before the light nights enable us to cycle home without our lights. As you all know, I’m not a fan of wearing high […]
I spent much of yesterday at the London Bike Show. Here’s a little mini guide for the things to see and some tips from my experience. Quick background: London Bike Show is a place to checkout a load of bike goodies at the Excel Centre (Near the city airport). It’s smaller than the cycle show […]
As it turns out in my research there’s some pretty cool bicycle rental places in London. For a long time when a friend was visiting London I would simply direct them to one place I knew that had clunky, step over frame bicycles. However, it is actually possible to rent a fixie, a tandem or […]
Dutch design bicycles are famed for their low maintenance and high quality. While “Dutch style” bikes are nothing new, certain well known brands have always been missing from the line-up. A new site called And Dutch has just changed that. I caught up with the founder, Gert-Jan Baan (How Dutch does that name sound?), to […]
When most people think about buying a pair of bike lights they’ll usually head straight for the nearest pack of Cateye lights. However, they’ll be missing out on some pretty innovative benefits of the Knog lights. I recently bought a pair of Knog Strobes and was sent a rear Knog Skink to test for London […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- Sticking to resolutions: Taking up cycling, or cycling more in 2015 30/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Camden Cycles: Cycling is the hobby which one can acquire almost ...
- Andy: A very short wheelbase with very narrow bars, sadd...
- Peter: The blurb on the Strida site says "Real cool ap...
- yeeha: I tried with Nokia Lumia, I couldn't find the App...
- andy: Wow. Zombie thread revival. Will check that out, c...
- Reid: Hi Andy, here is the solution to your problems. Pa...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets