Mudguards. Those things that the cyclists in front of you never seem to have when it’s raining. If you’ve cycled for long enough you’ll no doubt be aware of all the gunk on the road that you always tell yourself you should one day clean off your bike. Fortunately, a good set of mudguards goes […]
Tag Archives | bike
We love our bikes. Many of us spend hours every day on them commuting to and from work. When we leave this prized possession somewhere we want to know it will still be there when we get back. This guide will take you through what to look for in a good bike lock and which […]
Bike owners have an average of 23 months before their bikes are nicked 26,000 bikes stolen in London last year 4% chance of ever recovering your stolen bike These headlines make me want to haul up inside my new BMW X6M “Chelsea Tractor” and hide in my secured compound with 24 hour armed guard security. […]
If you’d like to breathe some fresh life in to a well loved commuter bike, then here are 5 cheap and easy upgrades you can make. Bar tape If you’ve got road bike style, drop bars, then you’ve probably got some bar tape on there. This gets scruffy over time and doesn’t give you a […]
I’d be interested in hearing how many people’s hallways look like the one above! Where do you store your bike at night? Leave a comment below. I’ll start us off: As our apartment doesn’t have any secure space for storage and I don’t particularly want to leave my bike outside overnight, my flatmate and I […]
If you’ve not yet had your bike stolen then please see: How to get your bike stolen. Getting your bike stolen is never a nice experience. However, the next steps you take will greatly improve your chances of recovering your bike. Ideally, take these steps as soon as possible. Report the bike to the police […]
One of the nuisances of living in a small apartment in London is that two bikes in the hallway take up a lot of space. Nobody really likes getting knocked in the ribs by a pair of bicycle handlebars as they try to carry a plate of food to the lounge. Therefore, when I came […]
Bike A – Spotted Outside Tate Modern Bike B – Spotted Outside Marylebone Station Bike C – Spotted in Kilburn Bike D – Spotted in Kilburn Rank in order which of these bikes you think will be stolen first and why! See also: London Cyclist bike lock guide
We all have those moments where we dream “Wouldn’t it be great to have a place nearby, where I could work on my bike and get some advice on how to maintain it”. Throw in a little bit of creativity, a loan from the London Cycling Campaign, a hint of luck and a credit card […]
I currently find myself over 5,000 miles away from London in Guatemala. (I’d forgotten what it was like to be warm and walk around in a t-shirt – very nice!). In the run up to the trip I strongly considered bringing my bike over here with me. Eventually, I decided that it would be easier […]
It’s that time of the year again when we all descent on the London Bike Show to take a look into what the bicycle companies have in store for us in 2012. The show starts on Thursday the 12th of Jan at 10am and runs until Sunday the 15th. The busiest day is always the […]
This is a guest post by Going Going Bike Do you know what your bike is worth? It’s not that easy to know and that is why we are now providing a free bicycle valuation service to everyone who visits Going Going Bike. We’ll be totally honest with you and tell you whether your bike […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Tony Delaney: What about using gps security? I don't know if we...
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
- Henri: That didn't work with me. I bought an old and ugl...
- charley: Cyclehack London is part of a global movement brin...
- Fukal: Would it be that hard to put full specs for each c...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists