I got an email recently from Merlin, the founder of Re~Cycle, a London based charity which sends bicycles to Africa. I thought I’d share it around in case anyone wishes to help out with their project. At Re~Cycle we have traditionally not called upon our friends and contacts to support our work but we are […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
I thought this would be a good one to the attention of anyone organising a charity ride. UK based company Remote Asset Management are offering free GPS trackers to anyone organising a charity or endurance event. Using a GPS system would be a good addition to a ride so that you can report back on […]
Could you come up with next big thing in the cycling industry? Nesta, the UK’s innovation foundation, has two prizes up for grabs for innovative ideas. The first is a £50,000 prize for anyone who can come up with a good way of keeping bikes out of the hands of thieves. The second prize is […]
A new one night only bike event is coming to London called Velonotte. It has already been a huge success in Moscow, St. Petersburg, New York and Rome with some of the events drawing up to 5,000 riders. The event will provide an opening to the London Festival of Architectureand will be held on the […]
Competition now closed! We’ve got a new competition today to give away two tickets to The Latitude Festival and the Tour De Latitude ride to get there. What is the Tour De Latitude? Good question. I had to ask my much more hip friend Laura who told me that unlike other festivals it’s not just […]
“Meanwhile, in an adrenaline-filled one-off film for BBC One, viewers will be parachuted into the middle of a war that is raging between two-wheeled road users and their four-wheeled counterparts in The War On Britain’s Roads. As more and more people take up cycling as a way of beating the traffic or just keeping fit […]
Thank you for all the entries! We have our winner – Robbie Craig comment number 82! We’re in full “giveaway” competition mode here on London Cyclist. On Wednesday we gave a £500 Wiggle voucher to London Cyclist reader Esteban who is putting it to good use towards a new bike. Today, I’ve been given the […]
The team that created the popular site Jogging Buddy is aiming to make it easier for cyclists to find others to cycle with. After all a 70 mile ride can get a little dull after a while. The site can be joined for free here: http://www.cyclingbuddy.com/ One of the most common emails I get (aside […]
This time next week they’ll be a debate held in parliament on cycle safety. In the run up to the debate I thought it would be a good idea to get in touch with my MP for Westminster Karen Buck. I wanted to show that this was an important issue for me and also highlight […]
With a passionate speech and a huge round of applause the LCC Love London Go Dutch campaign was officially launched last Thursday. I for one, am very pleased to see the London Cycling Campaign reaching out to its members and responding to cyclist concerns. Namely a concern that goes a little something along the lines […]
We all like to think we are the fastest cyclist around town. Especially those who like to play the silly commuter race. You know who you are! But how rare is it to get a chance to actually prove it in a 250 metre sprint challenge? The Deloitte Ride Across Britain City 250 Challenge was […]
The big news reverberating today around the London cycling blogosphere and reaching the mouths of cyclists sipping their morning cup of Joe in Look Mum No Hands, is about the planned changes to Bow Roundabout. Nothing if finalised yet. However, it looks as though we will soon be seeing the first ever phased traffic lights […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- IanB: I have a jango flik which is very well engineered,...
- John H: Recently invested in a Giant Halfway. Lovely buil...
- Adverbios de lugar: Very interesting your blog, I have come through a ...
- Dave: Tony, my first folding bike was a £100 Ammaco and...
- rod: i have a Di blasi three wheeler its really fun,i g...
- Vincent: Dave > It is now fully equipped with Shimano 8 ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists