Competition now closed! We’ve got a new competition today to give away two tickets to The Latitude Festival and the Tour De Latitude ride to get there. What is the Tour De Latitude? Good question. I had to ask my much more hip friend Laura who told me that unlike other festivals it’s not just […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
“Meanwhile, in an adrenaline-filled one-off film for BBC One, viewers will be parachuted into the middle of a war that is raging between two-wheeled road users and their four-wheeled counterparts in The War On Britain’s Roads. As more and more people take up cycling as a way of beating the traffic or just keeping fit […]
Thank you for all the entries! We have our winner – Robbie Craig comment number 82! We’re in full “giveaway” competition mode here on London Cyclist. On Wednesday we gave a £500 Wiggle voucher to London Cyclist reader Esteban who is putting it to good use towards a new bike. Today, I’ve been given the […]
The team that created the popular site Jogging Buddy is aiming to make it easier for cyclists to find others to cycle with. After all a 70 mile ride can get a little dull after a while. The site can be joined for free here: http://www.cyclingbuddy.com/ One of the most common emails I get (aside […]
This time next week they’ll be a debate held in parliament on cycle safety. In the run up to the debate I thought it would be a good idea to get in touch with my MP for Westminster Karen Buck. I wanted to show that this was an important issue for me and also highlight […]
With a passionate speech and a huge round of applause the LCC Love London Go Dutch campaign was officially launched last Thursday. I for one, am very pleased to see the London Cycling Campaign reaching out to its members and responding to cyclist concerns. Namely a concern that goes a little something along the lines […]
We all like to think we are the fastest cyclist around town. Especially those who like to play the silly commuter race. You know who you are! But how rare is it to get a chance to actually prove it in a 250 metre sprint challenge? The Deloitte Ride Across Britain City 250 Challenge was […]
The big news reverberating today around the London cycling blogosphere and reaching the mouths of cyclists sipping their morning cup of Joe in Look Mum No Hands, is about the planned changes to Bow Roundabout. Nothing if finalised yet. However, it looks as though we will soon be seeing the first ever phased traffic lights […]
It’s that time of the year again when we all descent on the London Bike Show to take a look into what the bicycle companies have in store for us in 2012. The show starts on Thursday the 12th of Jan at 10am and runs until Sunday the 15th. The busiest day is always the […]
If you are looking for a good new multi-tool, bike light or secondary lock at up to 50% off RRP then these deals by the guys at BuyaPowa will be of much interest. They are not available for long (one of them ends tomorrow!) so take a look below and see if there’s anything of […]
“No Barclays Cycle Superhighways will be launched in 2012/2013 due to a reduced construction delivery window necessitated by the 2012 Games” This was the answer given by the Mayor when asked about the progress of the Cycle Superhighways. The good news is that the Cycle Hire scheme will continue to expand. This news comes despite […]
The ETA are currently running a competition that you can enter by simply getting a bicycle insurance quote from this page. Up for grabs is an iPad 2, a high end cycling back-pack, a pedal powered iPad/iPhone charger and a copy of the London Cycle Routes eBook. To enter grab a quote.
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Eddie: I wish more horse riders were like you Jessica. :)...
- Vincent: Matt > Mudguards are a waste of time in my opin...
- Jessica Drake: Yes I suppose there are good and bad cyclists and ...
- Jessica Drake: I wish the cyclists round my way were like the cyc...
- Jessica Drake: Unfortunately not all horse riders are nice like m...
- Jessica Drake: You are so lovely!...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets