There’s a new site on the block called Newsflare. It’s a place for people to upload their newsworthy videos which are then syndicated to news organisations. Any clips that are sold, you then get paid. To promote it, they’ve decided to partner up with London Cyclist for the Olympics and Paralympics. If you’ve got helmet […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
“Millions of bicycles are thrown away or left to rust in the UK while millions of people in Africa are forced by lack of transport to walk up to 4-hours per day, to school, work or fetching water.” “Re~Cycle ships donated bikes (41,000 thus far), tools and spare parts to Africa, where partner organisations refurbish […]
The Olympic road race will be the first event after the London 2012 Olympic games opening ceremony. Coupled with Bradley Wiggins Tour de France victory and good conditions predicted, the event should be one of the most watched and, indeed, attended event (depending on hangovers from the opening ceremony.). The men’s race kicks off at […]
A guide to life in the cycle lane Written by the author of London’s most popular cycling blog, and using years of experience and contributions from readers, the London Cyclist Handbook is your complete guide to life in the cycle lane. Early review: “One of the best things about cycling in London is the weekly […]
I got an email recently from Merlin, the founder of Re~Cycle, a London based charity which sends bicycles to Africa. I thought I’d share it around in case anyone wishes to help out with their project. At Re~Cycle we have traditionally not called upon our friends and contacts to support our work but we are […]
I thought this would be a good one to the attention of anyone organising a charity ride. UK based company Remote Asset Management are offering free GPS trackers to anyone organising a charity or endurance event. Using a GPS system would be a good addition to a ride so that you can report back on […]
Could you come up with next big thing in the cycling industry? Nesta, the UK’s innovation foundation, has two prizes up for grabs for innovative ideas. The first is a £50,000 prize for anyone who can come up with a good way of keeping bikes out of the hands of thieves. The second prize is […]
A new one night only bike event is coming to London called Velonotte. It has already been a huge success in Moscow, St. Petersburg, New York and Rome with some of the events drawing up to 5,000 riders. The event will provide an opening to the London Festival of Architectureand will be held on the […]
Competition now closed! We’ve got a new competition today to give away two tickets to The Latitude Festival and the Tour De Latitude ride to get there. What is the Tour De Latitude? Good question. I had to ask my much more hip friend Laura who told me that unlike other festivals it’s not just […]
“Meanwhile, in an adrenaline-filled one-off film for BBC One, viewers will be parachuted into the middle of a war that is raging between two-wheeled road users and their four-wheeled counterparts in The War On Britain’s Roads. As more and more people take up cycling as a way of beating the traffic or just keeping fit […]
Thank you for all the entries! We have our winner – Robbie Craig comment number 82! We’re in full “giveaway” competition mode here on London Cyclist. On Wednesday we gave a £500 Wiggle voucher to London Cyclist reader Esteban who is putting it to good use towards a new bike. Today, I’ve been given the […]
The team that created the popular site Jogging Buddy is aiming to make it easier for cyclists to find others to cycle with. After all a 70 mile ride can get a little dull after a while. The site can be joined for free here: http://www.cyclingbuddy.com/ One of the most common emails I get (aside […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- How to stay safe when cycling around potholes 11/11/2014
- 8 moments all us cycle commuters have felt 06/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Patrick: I would recommend shelling out for a set of USB re...
- Joanne: Mine is here if people would like to check out and...
- Hugo: Hi there, recently I start to use Finn (http://get...
- Ashwin: What bicycle repair needs to bring the prices down...
- Ashwin: Bike repair and maintenance is a cartel job in the...
- David Cohen: Ditto, pretty much to the word, re cleaning one's...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now