On May bank holiday, The Truman Brewery in East London will play host to a new urban bike show – Spin LDN. We caught up with founder, director (and subsequently sleep deprived) Alex Daw to find out more about the event. The first thing I had to ask was why? “I want to celebrate the […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Wobbly old steel Sheffield stands on the corner of a desolate car park aren’t particularly exciting. However, Cyclehoop don’t deal in your regular run of the mill bike parking. They create cycle parking solutions out of existing objects available in urban areas. The city of New York has recently signed a contract worth $2 million […]
Swearing, aggression and lots of angry road users featured heavily in last nights BBC documentary. You can still watch it, if you want to grit your teeth at every close call here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p7q2l/War_on_Britains_Roads/ It will only be available for about 5 days, at which point it will be banished in to the BBC archives. Which […]
A few weeks back, I was trying to become a little less pasty, by catching the sun near the Highgate Ponds in Hampstead Heath. Being a people (and bike) watcher, I observed the number of cyclists pedalling past. All of them were riding respectfully around pedestrians, but you could see it was frustrating for pedestrians. […]
Next year there will be a two day cycling event that will provide a lasting legacy for the 2012 Olympic Games. This is according to an announcement today by London’s mayor Boris Johnson. The two day festival will be held on August the 3rd and 4th. This was initially announced back in January, with Boris […]
There’s a new site on the block called Newsflare. It’s a place for people to upload their newsworthy videos which are then syndicated to news organisations. Any clips that are sold, you then get paid. To promote it, they’ve decided to partner up with London Cyclist for the Olympics and Paralympics. If you’ve got helmet […]
“Millions of bicycles are thrown away or left to rust in the UK while millions of people in Africa are forced by lack of transport to walk up to 4-hours per day, to school, work or fetching water.” “Re~Cycle ships donated bikes (41,000 thus far), tools and spare parts to Africa, where partner organisations refurbish […]
The Olympic road race will be the first event after the London 2012 Olympic games opening ceremony. Coupled with Bradley Wiggins Tour de France victory and good conditions predicted, the event should be one of the most watched and, indeed, attended event (depending on hangovers from the opening ceremony.). The men’s race kicks off at […]
A guide to life in the cycle lane Written by the author of London’s most popular cycling blog, and using years of experience and contributions from readers, the London Cyclist Handbook is your complete guide to life in the cycle lane. Early review: “One of the best things about cycling in London is the weekly […]
I got an email recently from Merlin, the founder of Re~Cycle, a London based charity which sends bicycles to Africa. I thought I’d share it around in case anyone wishes to help out with their project. At Re~Cycle we have traditionally not called upon our friends and contacts to support our work but we are […]
I thought this would be a good one to the attention of anyone organising a charity ride. UK based company Remote Asset Management are offering free GPS trackers to anyone organising a charity or endurance event. Using a GPS system would be a good addition to a ride so that you can report back on […]
Could you come up with next big thing in the cycling industry? Nesta, the UK’s innovation foundation, has two prizes up for grabs for innovative ideas. The first is a £50,000 prize for anyone who can come up with a good way of keeping bikes out of the hands of thieves. The second prize is […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 3 odd changes to make your next bike ride safer than the last 05/03/2015
- Top 10 European Cycling Destinations 24/02/2015
- 5 of the best bike storage options 24/02/2015
- Build your dream bike step-by-step with the BYOB workshop 23/02/2015
- What’s the most versatile style of bike? 20/02/2015
- Laundrapp review – laundry for busy people 17/02/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Phil: The frequency of these advertising-oriented pieces...
- MJ Ray: It's a junk promotional piece. I'm surprised tha...
- Wearable Bike Lock | Wearable Tech Store: […] Bike lock guide – London Cyclist B...
- Kristian: Exactly what I was about to do last summer. Went t...
- Phil: I used to love cycling in North West Germany, arou...
- Freddie: I am starting my own bike repair business in Londo...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets