One of the most popular London Cyclist posts last year was ‘8 moments all cycle commuters will understand’ – you guys liked it so much, we thought we’d follow it up with 8 ways you can identify other commuters in your work place… Of course, if you’ve got a communal bike rack, and arrive in at […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
This is a guest post by Alex Bodini, Co-Founder of Fixation London. We, like many others, have quietly observed the increase in cyclists on the roads of the UK with a big smile on our face over the past 5 years – we are bike people, always have been, always will be, so whether its road bikes, BMXs, mountain […]
Winter months are tough – icy mornings, windy evenings, and lots of darkness. In fact, this Monday we even had ‘blue Monday’ – reportedly the most depressing day of the year. We’re sure London Cyclist readers won’t be feeling too down – after all, you know the joys of a bike ride – but we’ve […]
Locking and leaving your bike can sometimes feel a bit like abandoning it in the vague hope it will still be there on your return. Drab, old fashioned style bike racks littered with ‘bits of bike’ often do little to inspire confidence.. Of course, what we’d all love is a modern, attractive but strong looking […]
The Tour de France is beginning in Leeds on Saturday 5th July, with stage one travelling over 190k of the Yorkshire Dales. After that, the race will move to York, for a 201km loop to Sheffield, before going from Cambridge to London on Monday 7th July. If you’re around, then there’s a great guide on […]
It’s very easy to get used to the familiarity of your own bike – perhaps you’ve had it for many years, and you’re good friends, or maybe your bike is brand new, and you’re still in the honeymoon period. Regardless what stage of “loved up” you’re in with your own bike (or maybe it’s love/hate?) […]
Max and Nils were two of the lucky cyclists to take part in the first ever Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 bike ride last year. Having completed this amazing challenge, they wanted to share some of their top tips, and to let you know how you can still get your place in this event. RideLondon is an […]
Guest post by Gemma Hume, Digital Coms Officer for Practical Action. In the early hours of Sunday 8th June, 4,000 cyclists will take to London’s streets for Nightrider, an incredible 100km charity bike ride…and I will be one of them. You could be too! This time last year, I grudgingly agreed to do Nightrider with […]
If you’re looking for a way to challenge yourself physically while also taking up a good cause, you have to check out Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike. There are tons of ways to give to charity; some of us donate money or goods while the rest of us get off our keisters and ride for […]
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson is not the first person you’d think of as an advocate for mass-cycling. Recently though, he’s had his moments. In 2012 ‘Jezza’ shocked the cycling world by endorsing Danish-style segregated cycle lanes. Of Copenhagen, he said: It’s fan-bleeding-tastic. And best of all: there are no bloody cars cluttering the place […]
Join Team Shelter for this incredible 100km moonlit ride past London’s most iconic landmarks. You’ll ride over Tower Bridge, through the deserted City of London, round Canary Wharf, past the sleeping beasts in London Zoo and so much more! Limited spaces sell out fast, so make sure you secure your spot. In 2013 Shelter helped […]
There are still people in the world who maintain that it is legal to shoot a Welshman with a crossbow and arrow in Chester after sunset – technically this piece of legislation is in the book of statute and you could do it. However, common sense suggests that if you were to do so, you […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top 10 European Cycling Destinations 24/02/2015
- 5 of the best bike storage options 24/02/2015
- Build your dream bike step-by-step with the BYOB workshop 23/02/2015
- What’s the most versatile style of bike? 20/02/2015
- Laundrapp review – laundry for busy people 17/02/2015
- 3 stretches and massage techniques that are great for cyclists 16/02/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- NOD: I just wish some of the cyclists wouldn't use the...
- Graeme Sandell: Hi First the pedantic point which is that I sus...
- chris has: everyone has there own personel stories which is f...
- chris has: I agree to crack down on agressive cycling and agg...
- Nick: Isn't Salzbury in Austria, not Germany?...
- Andreas: True Mik - I found myself feeling rather hassled p...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists