Was a Kindle one of the gifts you opened for Christmas? If you are anything like my sister then you’ve already been downloading books faster than you could possibly ever read them. Here is a selection of cycling books to consider. Read about a cycling adventure to India Currently the best selling cycling book on […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
The Rapha Bomber Jacket initially retailed at £210. The newer version is available for £150. The question is: Even at the new price point, is it worth it? Compliments ahoy Let’s start with the looks, because this jacket is going to attract plenty of them. The Bomber Jacket can just as easily be worn off […]
I’ve had a couple of questions recently on my Twitter (7,942 followers woop!) about cold feet. If frosty feet is a problem you are facing then read on.. The problem of cold feet can party be solved by getting a warm pair of winter cycling socks. Generally these are made of merino wool and are […]
The Knog Boomer Rechargeable USB is one of the best bike lights we’ve tested here on London Cyclist Blog. Here in this post we describe why we give it a review of 5/5.
With the date for last orders on Christmas gifts quickly approaching (December 20th at 12pm) I thought it would be a good time to do a roundup of gift ideas. Note: I won’t be covering books here as we’ve covered them in the post 10 books for a cyclist at Christmas. Let’s start off with […]
Someone was busy enlightening me about the real meaning of Christmas, when suddenly I got distracted by a huge Chain Reaction Cycles banner that said “£50 voucher for every £100 you spend”. Yes, tis’ the season to spend any money you do or, in the most likely case, don’t have left over from the recession. […]
What if I told you that without even opening your mouth you could say: “Yes, I’m the one who overtook you at the traffic lights while you were waiting in your car” “I’m a better person than you are, in every way, because I ride a bike” “I’m going to have a Christmas pudding and […]
Slipping on a pair of Bontrager cycling shorts recently to head off for some mountain biking I couldn’t bring myself to do it. They just looked a little too “cyclist”. I pictured myself sat on the train with people sniggering at my cycling shorts. Was I being incredibly vain? Probably. Yet I’ve worn full cycling […]
A jacket that I’ve increasingly found myself wearing on rides is the Bontrager Commuting Jacket. It’s a very stylish windproof jacket that is suited to “cool spring mornings and evenings”. Windproof jackets have the advantage of keeping you cool through use of breathable fabrics. This is something that can be rarely matched by waterproof jackets, […]
Last week we covered cycling books for a cyclist at Christmas. The post made it to our most popular list of posts (see on the right) but there were outcry’s of what about us mountain bikers! This post is here for you guys. Quick note as before: Amazon.co.uk’s favourite thing to do is tweak prices […]
If you’ve cycled for long enough you’ll no doubt be aware of all the gunk on the road that you always tell yourself you should one day clean off your bike. Fortunately, a good set of mudguards goes a good way towards keeping this mud, petrol residue and water off you and your bike. Which […]
Either through the very tight clip or the magic of the magnet, the Knog Wearable Boomer presents an exciting range of mounting opportunities. The bike light, which costs a couple of clicks under £20, was sent to me by Knog to test out. And test I did. I clipped it on my bag, my belt, […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Vulpine Men’s Cotton Rain Trousers Review 30/09/2014
- 4 of the best backpacks for commuters 30/09/2014
- Road bikes: to Disc brake or not to disc brake? 30/09/2014
- New MiCycle opens in East London offering cyclists a bike wash 24/09/2014
- Going Dutch for a bike ride around London 24/09/2014
- Cycling caps – why would you wear one, how to wear one, and where to get one 24/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- worx leaf shredder: There is definately a great deal to learn about th...
- Kennym: I have hydraulic disc brakes on my commuter bike a...
- Spirit Stones Cheats iphone: It is not my first time to visit this web site, i ...
- Anthony Adams: Nice article that covers a good range of products....
- AH: Bigger saddle bag that is that carries 15L....
- AH: Unless I'm carrying loads (my bigger bag carries ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets