“Have you ever dreamt of escaping to those beautiful, barely populated countryside corners of England? Of swinging your leg over the saddle and setting off along narrow lanes, gliding through spectacular scenery in your own sweet time, and pausing wherever you wish?” This is the introduction to Escape Routes by Matt Carroll and it is […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
I was recently contacted about a new product called the Lock Loop. I like featuring new innovations and providing some spotlight for any entrepreneurs working to create useful cycling products so I said send one over. Obviously bicycle theft is a huge problem for cyclists. I’ve lost count of the number of emails I get […]
If you are a little bit like me, then you like it when things are organised. Everything has its place and you know where you can find it. If we lived in a a world of ultimate organisation, I imagine the bag we would be using, would look a little something like the STM Jet […]
My recent test drive of the Brompton brought home to me the effect of, and the need for, a good perch. The streets of London are not, surprisingly, paved with gold and having a comfortable saddle, fit for purpose is an essential, often overlooked piece of kit. The state of London’s roads make a good […]
Whilst it may not always feel like it, we are currently in the summer. This means a very different set of cycling gear. For casual cyclists this is the perfect time to don the t-shirt and shorts or skirt look. For those who like their cycling gear then it’s the season when the cycling jerseys […]
Bicycle chains are heavy necessities for cyclists. Over time I’ve tested a number of inventive methods for carrying them. On the handlebars was a huge failure as they make the important act of steering a difficulty. Attached to my belt using a device such a lock holster worked okay. Of course, in the bag is […]
I’m losing count of the number of iPhone bike mounts I’ve reviewed. When I initially setup London Cyclist blog I didn’t think to myself: “One day I’ll test every single iPhone bike mount ever made.” But here we are and it seems to be becoming reality! The latest one is sent to me by UltimateMobiles […]
Bicycle helmets as we know them today may soon become a thing of the past. Deep inside the brain of design student and all-round genius Anirudha Surabhi is an idea that is set to soon revolutionise bike helmets near you. His design is four times stronger than convention helmets whilst at the same same time […]
“Take it for a test drive!” “Sure”, I said, “what’s the harm?” Within a few seconds my name was being signed on a piece of paper. The bike was now my responsibility. 30 seconds later I was officially in love. I had somehow suddenly found my posterior sat comfortably on a Schindelhauer Siegfried in Schist […]
I’ve been using the Brompton for nigh on two weeks now and thanks for all your helpful comments. The first thing to note is that, after watching all of my fellow commuters and their Bromptons, what they do and where, I very quickly became adept at the folding/unfolding game. The fold itself has become like […]
Carrying things around on your back is a pain. Especially in the summer months where it leads to a sweaty back. Therefore, when I’m heading out for a leisurely ride, it’s a good convenience to throw the essentials, such as a puncture repair kit and my keys, out of the way in a saddle bag. […]
The lovely people over at Madison recently got in touch and wanted to offer London Cyclist readers 12 of their beautifully designed Bell Helmets. I jumped on the offer and after the useful video on how to fit a bicycle helmet I have details on how you can enter! Introducing the Bell Faction Helmet 2011 […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top gilets for spring riding 12/03/2014
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Other Side of the Pond: I live in Seattle, which has a similar climate to ...
- Michael Henry: Very interesting! I added this to my own blog and...
- Jessica Drake: I don't know what it is about our area - the cycl...
- Eddie: I wish more horse riders were like you Jessica. :)...
- Vincent: Matt > Mudguards are a waste of time in my opin...
- Jessica Drake: Yes I suppose there are good and bad cyclists and ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists