Isn’t it great when you discover a great piece of cycling kit that makes your life easier or more enjoyable? Occasionally when a moment like that happens you want to tell everyone about it! Well, hopefully that’s where London Cyclist comes in! I’m keen to get London Cyclist blog readers more involved with the blog. […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
London Cyclist sponsors Going Going Bike (a new bike auction site that’s hoping to solve the is the bike I’m buying stolen or not problem) are running a competition at the moment to discover different ways to keep your bike safe. To enter this competition submit an image to the Bike Love section of the […]
As I woke up this morning after a long weekend recovering from Morocco there was an announcement in my inbox from TfL: “Work starts today on London’s biggest cycle hire docking station” As any Barclays Cycle Hire Scheme user will know Waterloo is one of the busiest cycle hire stations. In fact it has been […]
The Cycle Show is currently on at Earls Court and yesterday I cycled over to checkout the latest gear and bikes on display. If you wish to visit you can still book tickets from the official site and using the code IVY courtesy of Spencer Ivy you get 30% off. Electric bikes are out in […]
On September 17th and 18th the Artcrank poster show that has been such a huge success in America will be in London. There will be a ton of very cool posters many of which you can buy at a very good rate. Here is the official blurb… ARTCRANK LONDON 2010 Bikes are the world’s most […]
During yesterdays tube strike the media inevitably turned their attention to cycling as a way of getting to work. This provided some great publicity for cycling and the BBC even invited me in to talk about it. To get there I cycled through the mayhem of rush hour. I thought it was pretty mad out […]
The CTC are running a campaign to keep posties on bikes. I’m completely behind it and think its a very worthy cause to not let Royal Mail slip backwards and away from cycling. They are asking people to fill in a form, print the resulting page and then send it to the CTC so it […]
Friday is the big day of the cycle hire scheme launch. If you have a key that is and if you’ve activated that key. Apparently 10,000 keys such as the one below (Thanks Adam) have been sent out. Along with the key you also get various maps and information about staying safe. Wokingham Cyclist has […]
Today the Barclay’s Cycle Superhighways were launched at a big press and public event. TfL kindly invited me along and also promised me a couple of quick questions with the Mayor. Of course this was too good an offer to pass by so I went down after canvassing everyone on Twitter for questions to ask. […]
Alongside with today’s Cycle Superhighway launch Boris also pointed out to everyone that from the 23 of July you’ll be able to register for membership of the cycle hire scheme from: www.tfl.gov.uk/barclayscyclehire The bad news is that unless you register you won’t be able to use the bikes for another month. The reason given is […]
Lately London Cycle Cafes have been getting a lot of exposure. Whether that be the Evening Standard, Time Magazine, Timeout, Bike Hugger or the Financial Times. Therefore, I thought now may be a good time to actually take a better look at some of them. Look Mum No Hands Cycle Cafe Where? 49 Old Street, […]
We’ve spotted two males cycling on the pavement. P.C. Johnston makes a quick turn and is off his bike questioning the one. Within seconds he has the bike turned over and is doing a frame check. Often a thief will scratch off the frame number. Luckily, this time it’s still there. The two males look […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Preparing for your first French cycle tour 04/10/2015
- Complete guide to safe cycling for cyclists and motorists 30/09/2015
- My eyes! New dhb Flashlight jacket and jerseys reviewed 29/09/2015
- How to cope with 3 panic inducing bike commuter experiences 24/09/2015
- 3 pannier options to commute undefeated in the rain 21/09/2015
- A ‘Mini-Holland’ for all? 18/09/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- mark leeming: Just caught up on this site. I like many people do...
- andy c: I have been trying to locate a squeak for ages. It...
- Greg: What about those lights that are supposed to detec...
- Fred Schlomka: I biked 4,000+ kilometres on a tandem this summer ...
- Chris: I'm all for people respecting rules put in place ...
- Darren: Got my suit jacket (that I wore once) back for the...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets