It feels like just yesterday I was hearing the exciting news of the 2012 Olympics coming to London. Having visited Greece in 2004 to watch various events I was excited to once again be living in an Olympic city. As of now the “lottery tickets” are available. This means you apply for various events and […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
This was how my commute looked like this morning. The air was chilly and there had been a frost but the sun was shining, the daffodils are nearly all out and there’s a definite feeling in the air. Yesterday evening, when I came out of my office, it was still light. I haven’t been to work and […]
The first WWCBNIACC meet was last Thursday at Look Mum No Hands. It was a fantastic turnout and thanks go to all who braved the element of not knowing who was going to turn up but doing so yourselves. May I stress at the outset, and for all of who you ask the question, I […]
Just a quick reminder that the first meet of the Wo(men) Who Cycle But Not In A Club, Club will be at Look Mum No Hands at 49 Old Street, EC1V 9HX from 7pm. I look forward to seeing hoards of you there!
I’m finding it really interesting to see the wealth of refreshingly different cycling journals out there that are coming into my orbit. At the moment I have a subscription to Cycling Weekly (I know, don’t mock) and I also buy a couple of the monthly cycling magazines like Cycling Active or Bike Buyer. These publications are […]
I spent much of yesterday at the London Bike Show. Here’s a little mini guide for the things to see and some tips from my experience. Quick background: London Bike Show is a place to checkout a load of bike goodies at the Excel Centre (Near the city airport). It’s smaller than the cycle show […]
Boris Johnson: “If there were more cyclists we would have made the cycle superhighways separate lanes” Gerald Tremblay, Mayor of Montreal: “We’ll build the dedicated cycle lanes and then they’ll come” One of these two mayors has the right idea. There’s no prizes for guessing which one. It’s a well-understood fact that fear of cycling […]
London Cyclist is a blog run by one person (and his bike) about cycling in London. I’ve always covered the topics I’ve enjoyed. My aim is to make the site as open as possible and to give exposure to the good work people are doing and good products that are worth raving about. As well […]
Isn’t it great when you discover a great piece of cycling kit that makes your life easier or more enjoyable? Occasionally when a moment like that happens you want to tell everyone about it! Well, hopefully that’s where London Cyclist comes in! I’m keen to get London Cyclist blog readers more involved with the blog. […]
London Cyclist sponsors Going Going Bike (a new bike auction site that’s hoping to solve the is the bike I’m buying stolen or not problem) are running a competition at the moment to discover different ways to keep your bike safe. To enter this competition submit an image to the Bike Love section of the […]
As I woke up this morning after a long weekend recovering from Morocco there was an announcement in my inbox from TfL: “Work starts today on London’s biggest cycle hire docking station” As any Barclays Cycle Hire Scheme user will know Waterloo is one of the busiest cycle hire stations. In fact it has been […]
The Cycle Show is currently on at Earls Court and yesterday I cycled over to checkout the latest gear and bikes on display. If you wish to visit you can still book tickets from the official site and using the code IVY courtesy of Spencer Ivy you get 30% off. Electric bikes are out in […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Costs of refurbishing a second hand bike 05/02/2016
- Happarel Bicycles reflective bike kits 04/02/2016
- Bike lights definitive guide 02/02/2016
- Coboc electric bike review 02/02/2016
- What to look for in a second hand bike 29/01/2016
- Knog Blinder MOB Review 28/01/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Cazzy: Aldi do a lobster glove very cheap at around £8.0...
- Sorry Head: Hi John, I really can't believe what I'm readin...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[[[ Looks like the motor cuts out as you hit ...
- Antony Marcou: I do a lot of European travel for work and would l...
- Andy ZE: At that price [point] I would want better welding....
- Fern: i bought a knog blinder 4 led a few years back and...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists