What I’ve been reading is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to!
London Cycling News
(Shuffles papers in news anchor style) Cycle Fridays are continuing in the capital this month, encouraging new cyclists to ditch public transport by learning in a safe group environment. The other big news this month is of course the new information regarding London’s bike rental scheme. Statistics also emerged about a 71% growth in bike theft, though many attribute this to the increased number of cyclists. I would suggest everyone familiarises themselves with how to lock their bike. Finally there were calls for Boris Johnson to visit Copenhagen to learn about cycling culture. While he is out there he should also trade notes on Cycle Superhighways because it looks like Copenhagen’s will be much cooler than ours.
- Eye Candy Bicycles – 45+ Awesome examples
- What now? A bike ticket? – I would love to have a note like this left on my bike
- Video: Avoiding the door zone
- How decent bike parking could revolutionise American cities
- Flat tire and no patch – no problem
- James Bowthorpe is all set to beat the world record for around the world by bike. I thought I did well going from Birmingham to London.
- @dingday – All London’s cyclists: Remember remember, the 9th of September
- @bicycletutor – Cycle Chic Top 10 List of Gorgeous Bicycles for Stylish Ladies: Welcome to Bicycle Culture 2.0, world.
- Also quick note to say thank you to everyone who is replying to my Tweets and retweeting things – I love connecting with you guys in this way.
Its sale time in all the bike shops so grab some bargains!
|Castelli Van Looy Cycling Gloves
30% off – save £6
|Merston ThermoLite Socks Pack Of 3
43% off – save £7.68
40% off – save £20
|Vaude Trail Light 15 Backpack
22% off – save £10