If you’ve read London Cyclist for long enough then you’ll know about our roundup of the best bike locks. In there we talk about the importance of a heavy D-lock for your security. However, as any seasoned London cyclist will tell you, this should always be complimented by a secondary lock. Why? Your primary lock […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
I know I’m certainly not the only person who has struggled to find an ideal luggage solution for the ride to work. I’ve flirted with rucksacks, suit carriers and pannier bags, but always end up returning to my big, uncomfortable and cumbersome backpack. While the suit carrier seems ideal on paper, it wasn’t for me. […]
As the temperature dial deliberates between cold and freezing, a good pair of winter gloves remain important for cyclists. As is so frequent when it comes to cycling gear – there’s way too much choice! Choosing the right pair isn’t easy. When I set off on my morning bike ride, my hands are freezing. However, […]
Given the unseasonably bad weather we’re having on London at the moment, I suspect good gloves are as close to your heart as they are to mine and the gloves presented here have a few very useful features as a cycling commuter – read on for more details Gloves and Smart Phones – normally an […]
Cycling’s not all lycra and special shoes For a lot of people, cycling certainly isn’t all about dressing up lycra and special shoes. Instead, what they want are clothes that are functional on the bike, yet still look good when you arrive at your destination. Being able to get straight off of your bike and […]
I was first introduced to the concept of ‘base layer’ as a child. Swaddled in itchy C&A thermals I would be marched up the side of Snowdonia, and then marched back down, clammy, irritable and probably very smelly. These experiences led me to dismiss base layer for a long time. An orienteering trip in the […]
Knog have built up a bit of a reputation of making funky yet practical bike equipment – be it their blinder lights or their Strongman high-security U-locks, the Melbourne-based company is determined to share its Aussie flare with colder climes, and so far they’ve made a pretty good impression on these shores. Bike locks come […]
Regents Park. A bitterly cold Sunday morning in December. I’m on my bike for the first time since the Christmas holidays put a mince pie shaped hole in my cycling schedule. I’m using Cyclemeter to compare against my pre-Christmas ride time to get an idea of how much damage I’ve done. In the last few […]
Searching for a folding bike About a year ago, I had the need for a folding bike to commute to work on. If you’ve ever stayed somewhere with no bike storage and up a couple of flights of stairs, you’ll understand the appeal of being able to fold a bike, rather than struggle to manhandle […]
Like many cyclists, I’m forever searching for a rucksack that is ideal for my commute to work five days a week: one that will allow me to carry my suit jacket, shirt, trousers, pants, socks, shoes, towel, shower gel, shaving gel, deodorant to work in a convenient and practical carrier. It’s a long list of […]
I have to be honest and say that when I began cycling, and had next to no accessories, I’d look at people wearing glasses such as these and think they were trying to be something they’re not – a professional cyclist. I’d stereotype these people as MAMILs (Middle Aged Men in Lycra) – This was […]
I’m currently in Portland investigating the cycling culture here for a post on London Cyclist. While I’m on the move, one of my most useful accessories is the Veho Pebble. When my battery is running low, I can just plug it in and fully charge up my iPhone. The Veho Pebble is useful for those […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to obtain CCTV footage after an accident 08/10/2015
- Vulpine rain protection reviewed 07/10/2015
- Preparing for your first French cycle tour 04/10/2015
- Complete guide to safe cycling for cyclists and motorists 30/09/2015
- My eyes! New dhb Flashlight jacket and jerseys reviewed 29/09/2015
- How to cope with 3 panic inducing bike commuter experiences 24/09/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Michelle: I wear the trousers over my shorts or leggings and...
- Dave: Anyone, riding anywhere, at anytime should be safe...
- MJ Ray: We're unlikely to agree because this is a debate ...
- Harry-H: I'll stick with my Paramo Quito, thanks. It's a...
- Andreas: Agreed wholeheartedly!...
- Andreas: Agreed - people are shocked when I share how often...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists