Bike Week is kicking off faster than an English football hooligan in South Africa. Its aim is to get half a million people on bikes. It will do this using its arsenal of free breakfasts, organised bike rides, free bike repair sessions and plenty of patting people on the back for being a cyclist.
If you are an existing cyclist make sure you go along for your pat on the back, free breakfast and bike repair. More importantly if you are thinking of becoming a cyclist then this is a good time to get into it with the help of others.
The number of events can only be described as humongous. Here’s a roundup of some of the Bike Week events I think you guys will find interesting.
Bike Week according to Camden Cycling Campaign
- Get your free croissants and bike repair. Wednesday 23rd June. Ossulston Street by junction with Brill Place, 8-10 am. Click here for details
- Fitzroy Square Cycling Fair, Thursday 24th June, 11-3pm. Includes cycle training advice, Dr Bike, security tips. Click here for details
- Dr Bike Regents Park, Thursday 24th June. 4-7 pm. Click here for details
- Camden Peripherique ride, Sunday 27th June. Meet 10 am Town Hall for 10.30 start Click here to see the flyer This ride is in its fourth year.
Bike Week according to Lambeth
- Dr Bike will be on hand on Tuesday 22nd from 5.30 to 7.30pm. This is on Streatham Common South Side, SW16 3BT
- On Wednesday 23rd from 9pm onwards they will be projecting the movie Belleville Rendezvous. This will be opposite the Town Hall in Windrush Square, Brixton.
- On Friday 25th there is an open air film night. Showing short films as well as the main film of the night which is “Breaking away”. Definitely worth a visit if you are near Belvedere Road. Find out more.
- On Saturday 27th at 10am there is a half marathon ride around the boundary of the borough. Find out more here.
Bike Week according to Red Cross
- Big Red Ride – Choose between an 80 mile or 45 mile ride through beautiful countryside ending up on the Eastbourne Coast. On the 25th of June. There is a registration fee as well as a minimum amount to raise.
Bike Week according to British Waterways
- Monday 21st – live music by the River Rat Pack outside the Palm Tree Pub in Mile End Park
- Tuesday 22nd – tour of locks and lock keepers cottages
- Bike safety check in Camden near Hawley Lock
- Saturday 26th – art gallery bike tour near Islington ending at Broadway Market
And the rest..
For information on the rest of the events checkout the Bike Week website.
- 25 amazing cycling routes in London – take advantage of the great weather and discover places to go cycling in London
- London Naked Bike Ride report
- Q&A Where to store your bike?
- Abus Granit Steel O Flex lock review
Join 10,221 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.