Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. Autumn is a tricky time of year, at least when it comes to choosing what to wear to cycle in. It’s not yet cold enough for the heavy-duty winter gear, but you still need something to keep off the early morning chill. Enter Endura’s Pakajak. The Endura Pakajak likes […]
Author Archive | Andreas
When the Deloitte Ride Across Britain team sent over these pictures, my jaw dropped. The ride looks stunning. Covering 3 countries, over the course of 9 days and pedalling a total of 969 miles. This has to be the biggest challenge in UK cycling. Starting on Saturday September 6th 2014 from Lands End in Cornwall, the event […]
Warm, dry and not sweaty. Is that too much for cyclists to ask from their footwear? It seems one company has the answer and they’ve put it through the ultimate test by taking them to the wettest place on earth. I always thought the wettest place on earth was wherever in the UK I chose […]
The Met Police have uploaded a gallery with pictures of some of the 2,000 unclaimed bikes they stored across the capital. Have a flick through and see if you can spot your stolen bike! The gallery is part of an announcement today that bike theft is down 11% across the capital, since October 2012. This […]
The LFGSS rides forum is one of the best places to hear about social rides taking place in London. Here’s a recently selection.. October 19th: London Borough Spiral Ride This 180km ride has been organised by the forums members. Its a spiral loop that will take in all 32 of London’s boroughs. It starts in Sidcup […]
What is the best bike light? I hear you ask! To answer, let’s take a look at 5 of the most innovative, best selling bike lights. I’ll list them in order of entry level (highly affordable) to high end (plan a bank heist to buy one). Raleigh Led Front & Rear bike lights At […]
A few days ago, the designer of the London Cyclist app tapped in to my vast cycling knowledge and asked me whether he should buy this £137.90 bike: I shrugged and muttered “Looks alright”. My intuition told me he was probably looking for something a little more significant than that. So I got in touch […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. An article in last week’s Guardian looked at the thorny issue of women’s cycle clothing, arguing that: “Endless frills and florals may encourage women to be less assertive riders. It’s time the industry took a more unisex approach.” One company that’s already taking more of a unisex approach […]
In this guest post, cycling blogger Andrew Montgomery writes about how to turn your bike commuting routine into a training programme for longer distance cycling events. After completing the inaugural 100-mile RideLondon sportive, Andrew has written a free ebook guide to help other beginner cyclists complete their first long distance cycle ride. Take it away Andrew… Lack of time is a common frustration […]
This competition is now closed! We’ve got five £40 vouchers to giveaway from Zalando - read on and leave a comment to be entered in the competition! As cyclists in London have been feeling a hint of the winter chills that are to come, readers have been asking about winter cycling gear. We’ve shared our tips […]
Here’s a question I received from a London Cyclist reader: Last year I followed my usual policy of riding fairly deep into winter, except for unusually wet or snowy weather, then woosing out and commuting by train. The reason for this was that I don’t have “proper” cycling gear, just a few bike shirts and […]
With the cycle hire scheme expanding to South and West London with 2,000 shiny new bikes, TfL has some upgrades in store for us users. For a start, there is now a local rate call number (0343 222 6666) for any questions you have for the cycle hire team. This is great for us mobile phone […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Ali Asghar Khoyee: Tern Verge Duo is great for London - extremely low...
- SteveP: Another Airnimal vote. I bought one used and upgra...
- Dave: Hi Vincent I had a standard Brompton 3 speed h...
- IanB: I have a jango flik which is very well engineered,...
- John H: Recently invested in a Giant Halfway. Lovely buil...
- Adverbios de lugar: Very interesting your blog, I have come through a ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now