The beach is the one thing our wonderful city is missing. Or is it? Whilst not exactly comparable to a Greek island, there are actually a number of sandy beaches in London you can pedal to. They make for a perfect day out with family or friends. You’ll need to get exploring these spots now […]
Author Archive | Andreas
The best advice I’ve ever received as a cyclist? Go on a cycle training course! Despite being a confident cyclist, a friend of mine, LCC trustee David Love, convinced me I should go. I did, and it completely changed the way I cycle. After I’d been on the course I noticed dangerous situations I was putting […]
It’s my birthday! To celebrate, I’d like to give you a sneak preview of a new app I’ve been working on for London’s cyclists. Update! The app is now available here: http://bit.ly/ldncyclistapp I know you’re going to love it but I need your help to make it a reality. Read on! The app will list all […]
Summertime madness is here and of course it is the perfect time to see London by bike. Here is a roundup of some fun summer cycling accessories for you. Wine bottle holder for your bicycle Who wouldn’t want this wine bottle holder? It suggests elegance, fun and a willingness to get a little bit tipsy […]
Today, I’ve written to my Member of Parliament, Karen Buck. On the 2nd of September 2013, from 7pm to 10pm, there will be a parliamentary debate on cycling, based on the “Get Britain Cycling” report by the Parliamentary Cycling Group. I’ve written to her asking to attend and explaining why I think it’s important. If […]
For cycling enthusiasts, there is nothing like riding on the open road and witnessing magnificent sights as you ride across the country. Fortunately, there are many incredible cycling trails around the world that offer scenic wonders as well as a great means of exercise. You’ll want to be sure that you are fully prepared by […]
I’m currently visiting Medellin in Colombia and I can’t help but think what a joy it would be to rent a nice bike for a day and explore the hills and nooks and crannies of this beautiful city. Currently, I have to rely on local bike shops that often rent out clunky, badly maintained bikes. […]
The news today is that the Colosseum is to be returned to the people ,with the removal of the roads surrounding it. The Mayor of Rome said to the BBC: “I don’t think any other city in the world … would have turned the Colosseum, probably the most famous monument on the planet, into a […]
Cyclists of all ages and shapes will be out and about this weekend enjoying all that the Prudential RideLondon 2013 festival has to offer. Cyclists will descend on London for cycling events for beginners, racing enthusiasts and just about anyone who’s been known to have a great time on two wheels. Consisting of four main […]
The Guardian’s Peter Walker recently posted an excellent video of bike carriers in action. I wanted to share the video here and roundup some of the options mentioned that are available to cyclists. You can wait until your kids are old enough to hop on their own little tyke bike, or you can start earlier […]
You may well already know about our London Cyclist eShop where we sell these rather useful mobile phone bike mounts. My one is always mounted to my handlebars and I use it to follow bike friendly directions using apps such as BikeHub or Google Maps, I can track my route using Strava and I can […]
While cycling the streets of London there is plenty to keep you distracted: honking motorists, distracted pedestrians, traffic lights and slovenly cyclists. On a long bike ride, it could be nice to be able to listen to some music or the radio. Ah, if only there was some safe way to allow the avid cyclist […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Cycling for those with poor eyesight 22/04/2014
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Colin: Whatever happened to the virtual bike shop! We hav...
- nathan: im always going ricmond park i travel from walton ...
- Caroline: Hi Sharon, I had my laser surgery done at the Ade...
- anon: Another option is Orthokeratology....
- mtv video music awards 2014: What's up colleagues, іts fantastic post гegard...
- cL0h: I use a regular light too. Specifically I us a fen...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets