Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. In my head, I have a picture of the kind of cyclist I’d like to be. Glamorous and perfectly styled, I would pedal effortlessly, arriving at my destination without a hair out of place and nary a drop of sweat on me. While it’s unlikely I will ever […]
Author Archive | Andreas
It only seems fitting after our top 10 summer cycling accessories, we do a roundup of our top 10 winter cycling accessories. DHB EQ 2.5 winter cycling jacket This jacket is built for cold, wet weather. With seams taped and waterproof zips, as well as a high neck and long back, you’ll arrive dry at […]
Guest post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. The shower at my workplace has recently been deep cleaned. I’m not suggesting that this has never happened before, but it was enough of a novelty that Facilities put up signs weeks before the event, alerting us to its imminent occurrence and asking us to remove any belongings. […]
Would you like to find London’s best bike shops, cycle cafes, bike rentals and mobile bike repair mechanics? That’s what the free London Cyclist app aims to do. To download, search the app store for London Cyclist or: It’s available for iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. In future, it will also be making its […]
“I am desperately worried about you cycling in London. You are not a driver and don’t realise the hazards of cycling in such a busy area even with cycle paths. I was knocked off my bike when I was young and cars and lorries appear from nowhere.” – A concerned mother of a cyclist in […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. Autumn is a tricky time of year, at least when it comes to choosing what to wear to cycle in. It’s not yet cold enough for the heavy-duty winter gear, but you still need something to keep off the early morning chill. Enter Endura’s Pakajak. The Endura Pakajak likes […]
When the Deloitte Ride Across Britain team sent over these pictures, my jaw dropped. The ride looks stunning. Covering 3 countries, over the course of 9 days and pedalling a total of 969 miles. This has to be the biggest challenge in UK cycling. Starting on Saturday September 6th 2014 from Lands End in Cornwall, the event […]
Warm, dry and not sweaty. Is that too much for cyclists to ask from their footwear? It seems one company has the answer and they’ve put it through the ultimate test by taking them to the wettest place on earth. I always thought the wettest place on earth was wherever in the UK I chose […]
The Met Police have uploaded a gallery with pictures of some of the 2,000 unclaimed bikes they stored across the capital. Have a flick through and see if you can spot your stolen bike! The gallery is part of an announcement today that bike theft is down 11% across the capital, since October 2012. This […]
The LFGSS rides forum is one of the best places to hear about social rides taking place in London. Here’s a recently selection.. October 19th: London Borough Spiral Ride This 180km ride has been organised by the forums members. Its a spiral loop that will take in all 32 of London’s boroughs. It starts in Sidcup […]
What is the best bike light? I hear you ask! To answer, let’s take a look at 5 of the most innovative, best selling bike lights. I’ll list them in order of entry level (highly affordable) to high end (plan a bank heist to buy one). Raleigh Led Front & Rear bike lights At […]
A few days ago, the designer of the London Cyclist app tapped in to my vast cycling knowledge and asked me whether he should buy this £137.90 bike: I shrugged and muttered “Looks alright”. My intuition told me he was probably looking for something a little more significant than that. So I got in touch […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- Choosing road tyres for autumn and winter 16/10/2014
- 5 of the best bike locks 10/10/2014
- 5 Smart clipless pedal friendly shoes for women 07/10/2014
- Vulpine Men’s Cotton Rain Trousers Review 30/09/2014
- 4 of the best backpacks for commuters 30/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Mrs janet groves: I've just done 2000 miles on SCHWALBE LUGANO'S ...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[ DAVE-----plus 1 to that! A.R....
- PPP: It's not only the lock which is protecting your b...
- Richard Lindsley: I got 2 conti GP 4 seasons. The rear tyre lasted j...
- Dave: What I like most about them is that they not only ...
- Spencer: Hmmm, I've been using Gatorskin Ultras for my com...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists