Guest post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. The shower at my workplace has recently been deep cleaned. I’m not suggesting that this has never happened before, but it was enough of a novelty that Facilities put up signs weeks before the event, alerting us to its imminent occurrence and asking us to remove any belongings. […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Would you like to find London’s best bike shops, cycle cafes, bike rentals and mobile bike repair mechanics? That’s what the free London Cyclist app aims to do. To download, search the app store for London Cyclist or: It’s available for iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. In future, it will also be making its […]
“I am desperately worried about you cycling in London. You are not a driver and don’t realise the hazards of cycling in such a busy area even with cycle paths. I was knocked off my bike when I was young and cars and lorries appear from nowhere.” – A concerned mother of a cyclist in […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. Autumn is a tricky time of year, at least when it comes to choosing what to wear to cycle in. It’s not yet cold enough for the heavy-duty winter gear, but you still need something to keep off the early morning chill. Enter Endura’s Pakajak. The Endura Pakajak likes […]
When the Deloitte Ride Across Britain team sent over these pictures, my jaw dropped. The ride looks stunning. Covering 3 countries, over the course of 9 days and pedalling a total of 969 miles. This has to be the biggest challenge in UK cycling. Starting on Saturday September 6th 2014 from Lands End in Cornwall, the event […]
Warm, dry and not sweaty. Is that too much for cyclists to ask from their footwear? It seems one company has the answer and they’ve put it through the ultimate test by taking them to the wettest place on earth. I always thought the wettest place on earth was wherever in the UK I chose […]
The Met Police have uploaded a gallery with pictures of some of the 2,000 unclaimed bikes they stored across the capital. Have a flick through and see if you can spot your stolen bike! The gallery is part of an announcement today that bike theft is down 11% across the capital, since October 2012. This […]
The LFGSS rides forum is one of the best places to hear about social rides taking place in London. Here’s a recently selection.. October 19th: London Borough Spiral Ride This 180km ride has been organised by the forums members. Its a spiral loop that will take in all 32 of London’s boroughs. It starts in Sidcup […]
What is the best bike light? I hear you ask! To answer, let’s take a look at 5 of the most innovative, best selling bike lights. I’ll list them in order of entry level (highly affordable) to high end (plan a bank heist to buy one). Raleigh Led Front & Rear bike lights At […]
A few days ago, the designer of the London Cyclist app tapped in to my vast cycling knowledge and asked me whether he should buy this £137.90 bike: I shrugged and muttered “Looks alright”. My intuition told me he was probably looking for something a little more significant than that. So I got in touch […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. An article in last week’s Guardian looked at the thorny issue of women’s cycle clothing, arguing that: “Endless frills and florals may encourage women to be less assertive riders. It’s time the industry took a more unisex approach.” One company that’s already taking more of a unisex approach […]
In this guest post, cycling blogger Andrew Montgomery writes about how to turn your bike commuting routine into a training programme for longer distance cycling events. After completing the inaugural 100-mile RideLondon sportive, Andrew has written a free ebook guide to help other beginner cyclists complete their first long distance cycle ride. Take it away Andrew… Lack of time is a common frustration […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- MJ Ray: Yes, we should, but what do you propose we do? Hun...
- Garmin nuvi 2555 gps lifetime: Hi, yup this post is actually nice and I have lear...
- Garmin nuvi lmt 2555: I don't write many remarks, but i did some search...
- castle clash cheats free: I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers...
- silver cross pram: Hey There Londoncyclist, Thanks for that, No Prof...
- rummy india: What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of p...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists