Well, the terrible weather continues in London and cycling back today I bumped into a taxi who was less than happy. I also saw a couple of people have some minor crashes so here are my recommendations in the rainy weather:
- Slow down – stopping times are greater so there is no need to be showing off to all the weirdos in suits (otherwise known as people who don’t cycle)
- Don’t go through big puddles – if you get your breaks wet they won’t stop
- Test your breaks regularly – you don’t want to be travelling at speed to realise your breaks aren’t working
- Be extra careful with pedestrians – with the umbrella raised they don’t tend to check what’s going on. What do they think it magically protects them or something?
- Watch out for potholes – potholes are much harder to spot as they are filled with water.
If you have any good tips of what to do in the horrible weather post them in the comments!
Flickr Image Originally uploaded by kattebelletje