Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets councils have teamed up to create the Zero Emissions Network, a project aiming to reduce air pollution across the city fringe.
They are aiming to help businesses operate cheaper, cleaner and greener.
Aside from bespoke advice for local businesses they also provide the following benefits for anyone who signs up for free:
- Free two week trials of cargo bikes and electric vehicles such as the Renault Kangoo Z.E and Peugeot iOn
- Free 1 year Business membership to Zipcar normally worth £99, with free 2 hour test drive and £60 driving credit
- Free energy and waste audits to help you reduce energy use and save money, making your business premises more energy efficient
- Free cycle skills training, bike maintenance sessions and cycle safety seminars
- Free half days bike maintenance for all workplaces
- Discounted prices on low emissions taxi services that are 40% cheaper than other taxis
- Supply chain solutions with free delivery information analysis, identifying cost savings for freight consolidation
Beyond that, there is also the ZEN travel grant scheme. Members of the Zero Emissions Network can apply for up to £1,000 to support sustainable travel measures (e.g. pool bicycles, cycle parking, shower and change facilities, biker breakfasts etc). The deadline for applying is the 19th of December.
More information can be found on the Zero Emissions Network website. Note that this is limited to businesses within the “city fringe” which is from Spitafields, to Clerkenwell and everything in between.
Join 10,221 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.