- 8.30 Wake up to the sweet melodies of my favourite Bloc Party song that has since been ruined due to setting it as my alarm tone.
- 8.30 Fall out of bed and onto the hard floor thus waking up my girlfriend
- 8.31 Wait for my housemate to use the toilet who always seems to get the call of nature at the same time as I do
- 8.33 Use toilet
- 8.34 Bump into bike in corridor on my way into kitchen
- 8.34 Swear at bike
- 8.35 Prepare food for work that should have been prepared the day before
- 8.40 Apologise to bike for swearing at it earlier
- 8.40 Place everything I need into my bag including bike chain and food for work
- 8.45 Head upstairs and get back into bed making sure to wake girlfriend up again to get more attention off her
- 9.00 Realise that if I leave for work now I will be late
- 9.10 Get prepared to go by putting bike gear on: helmet, gloves, jacket
- 9.11 Kiss girlfriend goodbye, head back downstairs, carry bike out to front yard
- 9.11 Get on bike
- 9.11 Get off bike
- 9.12 Run back upstairs to pick up wallet and phone
- 9.13 Run downstairs
- 9.13 Onto bike realising I have 1 minute to get to work on time
- 9.14 Frantically pedal through the streets of London
- 9.34 Arrive at work late
- 9.34 Get funny looks off boss
- 9.34 Go grab a shower
Post your routine in the comments so I can compare how disorganised I am compared to everyone else!
Join 5,112 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.