If you’ve ever wanted to carry a suit into work without getting it ludicrously crumpled you’ve probably ended up just taking the tube, a bus or going by car. This new bag by Slicks is here to make it possible to cycle to work with a suit, trousers and shoes sat comfortably in your bag. Below is a rough and ready video I put together of my first impressions..
I haven’t had much time to try out the Slicks bag yet but here’s a quick overview of the things I like and don’t like.
- Would make an amazing gift for a cycling husband/wife/close friend
- Comfortable on your back
- Great looking design
- First bag I’ve seen for carrying your suit with you into work
- Looks like something George Clooney might use if he was a cyclist
- Doubles up as a briefcase
- Has space to put a laptop and cycling accessories
What I didn’t like:
- It is a little on the heavy side at 2.5kg
- Outside of some people’s budget. Currently at £132 including shipping.
This is definitely the most professional looking cycling bag I’ve ever tried but at the same time it doesn’t loose touch on some of the fun. In fact Chris (the designer) is keen to push the message of “love your journey”. I’m sure that’s something we can relate to as commuting cyclists.
I’m hoping to spend a little bit more time with the bag to give my full impressions on London cyclist. In the mean time you can find out more about the bag on the Slicks website:
Join 5,112 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.