While I’m never certain about how much petitions work I guess its the kind of thing that can’t hurt. It tells the government that there are a lot of cyclists out there that want better facilities. This latest one by Sustrans is to create a safer cycling environment.
If you have some time you can sign the petition here. It will encourage the government to stop dragging their feet and actually take some action. Sustrans want to see more cycle paths that are separated from traffic and I completely agree with them. I have added my signature in the hope it will help move the government in the right direction.
http://www.bikebelles.org.uk/index.php/sign_our_petition/ (deadline November 29th 2009)
- How to choose a good waterproof cycling jacket that will keep you warm and dry
- Interview with bike shop girl answering some of women’s cycling questions
Join 5,112 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.