A new movie will be hitting cinemas in February of 2012 called Premium Rush. The trailer above gives plenty of the story line away. Do you think you’ll be watching?

Via road.cc

11 Responses to New movie Premium Rush is set to glamorise bike messengers and fixed gear riding

1. Trisha 19/09/2011 at 6:15 pm #

Oh I will most definitely be wathcing this movie. It stars my two favourite things: Bikes and Joseph Gordon-Levitt! Just try and stop me.

x

2. John 19/09/2011 at 6:35 pm #

Maybe, If there is nothing much else on, perhaps the trailer does not do the film justice or maybe I just watched the film in the trailer!

3. Stacey 19/09/2011 at 10:03 pm #

Yes, I think I will go to see it as I really enjoy pacey action movies and that’s what this looks like. Trouble is trailers often contain the best bits and give most of the story away, which seems to be the case here!

4. Filippo Negroni 22/09/2011 at 4:00 pm #

Must say the trailer had my adrenalin going.
    I am not a courier, I don’t jump reds or cut up traffic nor pedestrians, but TBH I stopped judging other cyclists recently even if they do so, because after commuting in London you realise cars are, after all, the number one reason we have traffic lights and pollution (air and noise).
    So I am more willing to forgive a cyclist than a car driver for acts of random madness.

To answer your question, YES I will go and see the film.

5. Adam 22/09/2011 at 8:54 pm #

No. Looks absolutely abysmal.

6. Hugh 23/09/2011 at 3:22 pm #

I think I have an important appointment with something far more interesting that night….

…like watching paint dry. Looks like a big pile of steaming richards

7. Jeremy 23/09/2011 at 6:52 pm #

Lots of film of NYC, a bit of drama, and possibly an answer to why people think bikes without gears or brakes are so cool? Yes, I’ll watch it on Lovefilm or DVD. Let’s face it, it won’t get to many cinemas.

8. New York Steve 26/09/2011 at 3:12 am #

This is a rip off of the French movie “2 Seconds” or “Deux Secondes” in French about a female bicycle messenger which takes place in Quebec Canada. It was one of my favorite movies. I highly recommend it. The movie is in English. On DVD.Made in 1998.

9. New York Steve 26/09/2011 at 3:36 am #

Steve again-re movie Deux Secondes. I made a mistake. The movie takes place in Montreal Canada, not Quebec. And the actress is Charlotte Laurier.

10. James R Grinter 26/09/2011 at 11:43 pm #

It just made me think of Streetwise, transplanted to New York and turned up a few notches.

11. Karen 29/09/2011 at 11:40 am #

Oh crap. While I have a lot of respect for skilled fixie riders, this will just bring the fashionistas out in full force.