The London Cycle Hire scheme is well underway and the Guardian even has a low-res picture of some of the proposed locations. No doubt more information will be out soon from TFL. So far what we know:
- Over 6000 bicycles
- 400 sites to pick them up
- Plans for each docking station to only be around 300 metres apart
- Camden looks set to be the first location for the cycle hire scheme
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (dangers of drunk people thinking its a great idea to hire a bike to cycle home – I think so)
- Will keep you up to date with more info as I hear about it
Join 9,241 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.