Join team 590 of the London Cycle Challenge

We shall pedal on the narrow streets of London, we shall pedal on the cycle superhighways, we shall pedal through commons and A roads, we shall never stop pedalling until we come first in the London Cycle Challenge!

It’s that time of the year again. When Boris calls me up and says: Andreas, will you, and all the beautiful cyclists on the blog, take part once again in the London Cycle Challenge. And I’ll say, I’ve told you before Boz, don’t call me before 8am – I need my beauty sleep.

So, here it is:

cycle-challenge-team

Team London Cyclist Blog

As you can see we currently have one lonely member (me) so if you’d like to log your miles this summer then please do join.

I’ll be posting inspiring speeches and so forth like the one at the start of this post which I haven’t plagiarised from a certain prime minister during a certain world war.

Oh, and grab one of these:

mileage-chart

Print it off (using the office printer) and pin it near your computer screen so you don’t forget to log miles. Optionally, draw funny moustaches on the people in the pictures.

Finally:

Post a prediction in the comments of how many miles you’ll be covering from the 18th of June to the 15th of July (28 days). It’s always good to set a target I’m told!

Here’s our team page:

10 Responses to Join team 590 of the London Cycle Challenge

1. Dunc 27/05/2011 at 10:15 am #

If only it included 16th July, when the Dunwich Dynamo is taking place

• Andreas 27/05/2011 at 11:11 am #

True – always good for clocking up the miles!

• RSK 27/05/2011 at 11:43 am #

It does, however, include Bike Week – so all those Biking the Boroughs can be included :-)

2. Andreas 27/05/2011 at 1:38 pm #

We’re already in the top page of teams (organised by number of members). Look forward to the challenge this year!

3. Louise 27/05/2011 at 6:43 pm #

Sorry I can’t join the team as I am the team leader for our work one. At least we’re advertising for the same thing cycling is fun ;) happy pedalling all

4. Iain 27/05/2011 at 8:35 pm #

Hmmm, a week’s commuting is 245 miles, so 4 weeks is 980, even if I’m lazy as anything at the weekends I’ll top 1k! Hope for good weather at the weekends – makes it harder to not go out (besides when the panniers are off, it doesn’t half shift!) Hoping to take the odd day off during that period, so may manage to clock up a long ride or two.

5. Steve 28/05/2011 at 6:32 pm #

Hi Andreas,

I have signed up for your team.
    Should be around 140 – 150 miles a week.
    Iain (above) has a long commute.

Steve

6. Yvann 29/05/2011 at 12:43 pm #

Just signed up and joined the team. I’ll aim for 200 miles – I have 2 weeks in that period of a 16 mile round trip commute so hoping to do that 4 days of the week; and then 2 weeks of a 10 mile round trip which I’ll aim to do every day.

7. Andreas 29/05/2011 at 12:49 pm #

Great stuff guys. We are team number 10 in terms of number of members. Hopefully some more people will join!

8. rosamundi 03/06/2011 at 9:58 am #

I’ve just sent a request to join – commute is 10 miles each way plus I try and do longer rides at weekends.