Please note this is a sponsored post. Green Workforce, a bicycle powered handyman company in London that we’ve previously recommended, is offering a £500 reward for the return of their stolen Surly bike. The company specialises in plumbing, painting and decorating, electrical and more recently has also added gas repairs thanks to a new […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Sponsored feature When looking for somewhere new to live, whether you are renting or buying, one of the main factors that will affect your choice of property are the facilities available for your preferred mode of transport. If you are a car owner, parking spaces will be an important factor, if you use public transport, […]
In a survey of over 3,000 people, British psychologist Richard Wiseman found that 88% of New Year’s resolutions fail. 88% failure! What do you need to do, to avoid being part of the 88% that fail? For a start, science shows that humans have limited willpower. If you were given a tough task, such as […]
Please note this post is contributed by Primera Sports. With the countdown to Christmas starting to kick in, many of us are starting to wonder about what to get our loved ones for the holidays. How we search for Christmas purchases has changed considerably in the past few years, with a shift from offline to […]
Hanry from Lunar Cycles (a bike shop I’ve previously described as perhaps my favourite in London) is offering 200 free bicycle health checks for London Cyclist readers. All you have to do is “like” their Facebook page and then head in to the shop. Lunar Cycles is located in North London, near Kentish Town, so […]
The Cycle to Work scheme allows you to pay for a new bike and accessories through monthly salary sacrifices. Compared to simply walking in to a shop and buying a bike, you can end up saving up to 42%. I imagine that by now most London Cyclist readers know about this. I’d like to hear […]
Last year, along with 1,400 other riders, I took part in the London Revolution. The ride follows a circular route around the outskirts of London, taking in some of the most beautiful scenery. You can do the entire route or you can choose one of the two days. This year it’s back and registrations are […]
Back in 2009 I wrote one of the most popular posts on London Cyclist that we’ve ever had. Since then, I’ve been meaning to update it. Today, I want to present to you a new list of iPhone apps for cyclists. Take a look, download, share the article, enjoy and let me know what you […]
It’s competition week here on London Cyclist! We’ve teamed up with the Norfolk Broads holidaymaker Richardson’s Boating Holidays, to offer readers the chance to win three Laser lane bike lights. The Norfolk Broads and surrounding area are a haven for nature lovers and attract fervent cyclists keen to explore the Broads after they have moored […]
Uniqlo have launched their “convert your energy” campaign. Using kinetic energy pads, customers can generate power through movement. The promotion is related to the new HEATTECH gear that is now being sold in stores and online. Needless to say, the promotion is perfectly timed for the coming winter chills! (And will be particularly good for […]
This is a guest post. The London 2012 Olympics brought a sporting master class to one of the World’s most vibrant cities. Record numbers of individuals were in attendance, and in every corner of the globe people were transfixed to their television screens. The global nature of the Olympics is one of the elements that […]
We’ve all heard of the common reasons to cycle. It keeps you fit, you avoid the congested underground and it’s cheaper. However, there’s a new reason I just came across, that I was wondering if you guys would agree with. I’m currently reading The Power of Habits. It’s a fascinating book that I’d recommend to […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- Sticking to resolutions: Taking up cycling, or cycling more in 2015 30/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Graeme: Actually rather amusing to see Andy's initial com...
- Phil: I remember riding a Strida back in 1990; very unst...
- Mike: As a car driver I am always considerate to all oth...
- Andy: A very short wheelbase with very narrow bars, sadd...
- Peter: The blurb on the Strida site says "Real cool ap...
- yeeha: I tried with Nokia Lumia, I couldn't find the App...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now