The RideLondon-Surrey 100 is taking place on the 4th of August and will be covering 100 miles (160 km) along closed roads from central London all the way out to Surrey. Needless to say, it’s going to be pretty good fun! With over 20,000 people taking part, it’s also going to be the UK’s biggest […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Join Breakthrough Breast Cancer to join over 20,000 cyclists taking part in the RideLondon-Surrey 100
There’s a great range bikes at Argos or indeed any other major retailer or small bike shop. How do you know where to shop from and indeed which bike to choose? It’s a little different when you shop for a kids bike. You are just looking for something that will be adequate for your child, […]
I am Sam, and I used to be fat. Not just a little big podgy, really really obese. There, now I’ve got that out of the way I can get to telling you the story of how I stopped being overweight and transformed myself into a slim, athletic cycling (and running) machine. Whether you are […]
Please note this is a sponsored post. Green Workforce, a bicycle powered handyman company in London that we’ve previously recommended, is offering a £500 reward for the return of their stolen Surly bike. The company specialises in plumbing, painting and decorating, electrical and more recently has also added gas repairs thanks to a new […]
Sponsored feature When looking for somewhere new to live, whether you are renting or buying, one of the main factors that will affect your choice of property are the facilities available for your preferred mode of transport. If you are a car owner, parking spaces will be an important factor, if you use public transport, […]
In a survey of over 3,000 people, British psychologist Richard Wiseman found that 88% of New Year’s resolutions fail. 88% failure! What do you need to do, to avoid being part of the 88% that fail? For a start, science shows that humans have limited willpower. If you were given a tough task, such as […]
Please note this post is contributed by Primera Sports. With the countdown to Christmas starting to kick in, many of us are starting to wonder about what to get our loved ones for the holidays. How we search for Christmas purchases has changed considerably in the past few years, with a shift from offline to […]
Hanry from Lunar Cycles (a bike shop I’ve previously described as perhaps my favourite in London) is offering 200 free bicycle health checks for London Cyclist readers. All you have to do is “like” their Facebook page and then head in to the shop. Lunar Cycles is located in North London, near Kentish Town, so […]
The Cycle to Work scheme allows you to pay for a new bike and accessories through monthly salary sacrifices. Compared to simply walking in to a shop and buying a bike, you can end up saving up to 42%. I imagine that by now most London Cyclist readers know about this. I’d like to hear […]
Last year, along with 1,400 other riders, I took part in the London Revolution. The ride follows a circular route around the outskirts of London, taking in some of the most beautiful scenery. You can do the entire route or you can choose one of the two days. This year it’s back and registrations are […]
Back in 2009 I wrote one of the most popular posts on London Cyclist that we’ve ever had. Since then, I’ve been meaning to update it. Today, I want to present to you a new list of iPhone apps for cyclists. Take a look, download, share the article, enjoy and let me know what you […]
It’s competition week here on London Cyclist! We’ve teamed up with the Norfolk Broads holidaymaker Richardson’s Boating Holidays, to offer readers the chance to win three Laser lane bike lights. The Norfolk Broads and surrounding area are a haven for nature lovers and attract fervent cyclists keen to explore the Broads after they have moored […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 10 local London bike shops 13/03/2015
- How a cyclist sees London 09/03/2015
- 3 odd changes to make your next bike ride safer than the last 05/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- peta rose: Driving home along Southend on Sea sea front last ...
- mark: i think i have the answer to the oh so obvious dan...
- Eoghan: I've started using one of these, cost about £40 ...
- Esther: Any ideas for storing a tricycle?...
- sowerbob: and all I use daily is my brompton which is inside...
- sowerbob: I did the same thing on the cheap in my garage. £...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets