Hanry from Lunar Cycles (a bike shop I’ve previously described as perhaps my favourite in London) is offering 200 free bicycle health checks for London Cyclist readers. All you have to do is “like” their Facebook page and then head in to the shop. Lunar Cycles is located in North London, near Kentish Town, so […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
The Cycle to Work scheme allows you to pay for a new bike and accessories through monthly salary sacrifices. Compared to simply walking in to a shop and buying a bike, you can end up saving up to 42%. I imagine that by now most London Cyclist readers know about this. I’d like to hear […]
Last year, along with 1,400 other riders, I took part in the London Revolution. The ride follows a circular route around the outskirts of London, taking in some of the most beautiful scenery. You can do the entire route or you can choose one of the two days. This year it’s back and registrations are […]
Back in 2009 I wrote one of the most popular posts on London Cyclist that we’ve ever had. Since then, I’ve been meaning to update it. Today, I want to present to you a new list of iPhone apps for cyclists. Take a look, download, share the article, enjoy and let me know what you […]
It’s competition week here on London Cyclist! We’ve teamed up with the Norfolk Broads holidaymaker Richardson’s Boating Holidays, to offer readers the chance to win three Laser lane bike lights. The Norfolk Broads and surrounding area are a haven for nature lovers and attract fervent cyclists keen to explore the Broads after they have moored […]
Uniqlo have launched their “convert your energy” campaign. Using kinetic energy pads, customers can generate power through movement. The promotion is related to the new HEATTECH gear that is now being sold in stores and online. Needless to say, the promotion is perfectly timed for the coming winter chills! (And will be particularly good for […]
This is a guest post. The London 2012 Olympics brought a sporting master class to one of the World’s most vibrant cities. Record numbers of individuals were in attendance, and in every corner of the globe people were transfixed to their television screens. The global nature of the Olympics is one of the elements that […]
We’ve all heard of the common reasons to cycle. It keeps you fit, you avoid the congested underground and it’s cheaper. However, there’s a new reason I just came across, that I was wondering if you guys would agree with. I’m currently reading The Power of Habits. It’s a fascinating book that I’d recommend to […]
I know that a large number of readers on London Cyclist use the iPhone combined with a bike mount to navigate using Google Maps. As of iOS 6, Apple have removed Google Maps and replaced it with Apple Maps. Unfortunately, it appears they’re a fair way off the kind of accuracy you’ve grown to expect […]
A good friend of mine, has been asked to raise funds for a local charity by organising a cycling event. If you believe you’ll be finding yourself anywhere near Cardiff on Sunday 23rd of September, then do consider taking part in the ride. The funds will help support the work of the local Ty Hapus […]
This summer, cycling heroes such as Bradley Wiggins and Chris Hoy brought the games and cycling in particular to the forefront of many people’s attention, through exciting performances. Even the traditionally less popular events such as the BMX racing has had people checking out the latest BMX bikes, with bike shop retailers reporting a jump […]
Which is the best service to use when you are planning your cycle route? I needed to cycle up to Hampstead to see a friend, so I decided to put the two route planners to the test. Entering my route I loaded up the two services in to my web browser. On Google Maps, it […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 weird and wonderful accessories you can buy for your bike 07/04/2014
- Bike saddles: Choosing the perfect perch 06/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- mez: I too have and love a Brompton Mine is a 2 speed ...
- Justine: What about this? The Velorackr; unique bike rack f...
- tom: Excellent tips, cheers....
- Gibbo: Layers. It's all about layers....
- Andreas: You can see a list of London bike shops here: http...
- Aaron JJ: Ooh... another Kickstarter I'm super excited abou...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now