This is a guest post. The London 2012 Olympics brought a sporting master class to one of the World’s most vibrant cities. Record numbers of individuals were in attendance, and in every corner of the globe people were transfixed to their television screens. The global nature of the Olympics is one of the elements that […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
We’ve all heard of the common reasons to cycle. It keeps you fit, you avoid the congested underground and it’s cheaper. However, there’s a new reason I just came across, that I was wondering if you guys would agree with. I’m currently reading The Power of Habits. It’s a fascinating book that I’d recommend to […]
I know that a large number of readers on London Cyclist use the iPhone combined with a bike mount to navigate using Google Maps. As of iOS 6, Apple have removed Google Maps and replaced it with Apple Maps. Unfortunately, it appears they’re a fair way off the kind of accuracy you’ve grown to expect […]
A good friend of mine, has been asked to raise funds for a local charity by organising a cycling event. If you believe you’ll be finding yourself anywhere near Cardiff on Sunday 23rd of September, then do consider taking part in the ride. The funds will help support the work of the local Ty Hapus […]
This summer, cycling heroes such as Bradley Wiggins and Chris Hoy brought the games and cycling in particular to the forefront of many people’s attention, through exciting performances. Even the traditionally less popular events such as the BMX racing has had people checking out the latest BMX bikes, with bike shop retailers reporting a jump […]
Which is the best service to use when you are planning your cycle route? I needed to cycle up to Hampstead to see a friend, so I decided to put the two route planners to the test. Entering my route I loaded up the two services in to my web browser. On Google Maps, it […]
As soon as the medals started coming in, it’s clear most people changed their views about the Olympics and enjoyed the spirit of the games. Whilst there’s no doubt there’s plenty of controversy behind it all, I thought today would be a good time for to hear some of your experiences from the games. I’ve […]
Matthew Sowter, a reader of London Cyclist blog, is soon launching a new book around bespoke bike building. With the interest in this topic being high, I invited him along to share some details on the forthcoming book launch. With more and more people wanting bespoke these days, there’s a huge resurgence of frame building […]
It’s with a combination of excitement and fear that you set off on a 100 mile bike ride. Fortunately, Foffa had lent me their, as yet unreleased, Geared Road Bike to complete the challenge in. Introducing the London Revolution The London Revolution is a new sportive by Threshold Sports. The route follows a 180 mile […]
The electric bike isn’t a replacement for a bicycle. It’s the replacement for a car or a motorbike. That’s the line Guy Wheeler of Leftfield Bikes used when he got in touch with me a while back. It’s an interesting view and as I continue to be surprised that electric bikes haven’t gained more traction […]
The Bike-Hod bicycle trailer Cost: £299 from Bike Hod website. I spotted this product a couple of years ago when it was recommended by Andy who left a comment on the blog: “When I was at college I carried my ‘cello around using the Bike-Hod. It’s coped with 24 bottles of champagne (and 12 litres […]
With bicycle theft remaining ripe in London, it’s important to know when you can and can’t claim on your insurance. Knowing is the difference between an inconvenience and a major hit to your bank account and ability to get around London. It will also make a difference when thinking about how you are securing your […]
Join 8,231 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- New cycle safety film illustrates a lorry driver’s perspective 10/12/2013
- What is your bike made of? Bike frame materials and their properties 05/12/2013
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- I would cycle but it’s…. 28/11/2013
- Knog Blinder Road Light review 25/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Helen: Yes the stories both very different. Somehow the c...
- Dave McCraw (@david_mccraw): Isn't it obvious that the car story and the origi...
- JH: thank you helen for beating me to it… i am pmsl ...
- JH: Andreas… you have a great blog, followed it f...
- Helen: I don't think the blame in my case of the cyclist...
- Andreas: That's the problem JH - cyclists will continue to...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists