There are still people in the world who maintain that it is legal to shoot a Welshman with a crossbow and arrow in Chester after sunset – technically this piece of legislation is in the book of statute and you could do it. However, common sense suggests that if you were to do so, you […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
At the very core of every bicycle, there is a frame. The material that frame is made out of has a dramatic effect on the way it rides, its durability, and cost. Every frame tells a story, so we’ve delved into some of the rationale, motivations, and infatuations behind bicycle builders decisions… Alloy Alloy is […]
When you arrive home, with feet numb like swollen ice bricks, fingers white and brittle, or soaked to the skin, winter can seem a less than fabulous time to ride a bike. But we still keep on doing it, and there have to be some very good reasons for that. Here are a few to […]
The cycling community is almost like its own little nation. We all share one hobby, or ‘nationality’ – we’re all from Cyclocity (or Veloham?) – if you like. However, within Cyclocity there are a number of diverse groups. We tend to either ride alone, or in groups with our own demographic. On a weekend, roadies […]
This competition is now closed! We’ve got five £40 vouchers to giveaway from Zalando – read on and leave a comment to be entered in the competition! As cyclists in London have been feeling a hint of the winter chills that are to come, readers have been asking about winter cycling gear. We’ve shared our tips […]
You may well already know about our London Cyclist eShop where we sell these rather useful mobile phone bike mounts. My one is always mounted to my handlebars and I use it to follow bike friendly directions using apps such as BikeHub or Google Maps, I can track my route using Strava and I can […]
Whilst cycling and London’s Royal Parks have had a turbulent relationship, they are an undeniably beautiful spot to visit on a hot day, even if you do have to leave your bike at the gate. Here is a roundup of some of my favourite spots and some of the attractions and hotels around them. I’ve […]
Are you sick and tired of those boring bike stands that don’t deserve to have your beautiful bike tied to it? I’ve scoured the internet looking for the sleekest, the coolest and most outrageous bike stand designs I could find. Here they are for your viewing pleasure! 1. Giant Squid Bike Rack Nothing says I’m […]
Does your grandad cycle? Mine doesn’t. Here’s the image my grandad has of cyclists: A bunch of lycra wearers, who ride two abreast, that avoid paying road tax and go on cycling holidays in France. Running London Cyclist, we’re bound to come to blows at times. Don’t get me wrong – I love my grandad. […]
Primera Sports are hosting their very own bike week on the 14th of April. The week of events will kick off with a Mountain Bike Demo day. If you’ve been considering a MTB purchase but you aren’t completely sure what you are looking for then you can try different models out and see what features […]
If you have managed to escape the furore around the RideLondon-Surrey 100 bike ride – you can definitely expect to hear a lot more about this event in the next six months. Following on from 2012’s summer of success/Olympic year/cycling is the best sport in the world, the UK is riding the two wheel wave […]
It’s not often when you are busy surfing from website to website, that you just pause to appreciate something beautiful. That’s exactly how I felt when I happened upon: http://www.thediscerningcyclist.co.uk/ Not only was the site design great, the illustrations were amazing and the articles on cycling fashion and style caught my attention. I had to […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 10 local London bike shops 13/03/2015
- How a cyclist sees London 09/03/2015
- 3 odd changes to make your next bike ride safer than the last 05/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- peta rose: Driving home along Southend on Sea sea front last ...
- mark: i think i have the answer to the oh so obvious dan...
- Eoghan: I've started using one of these, cost about £40 ...
- Esther: Any ideas for storing a tricycle?...
- sowerbob: and all I use daily is my brompton which is inside...
- sowerbob: I did the same thing on the cheap in my garage. £...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now