Whilst cycling and London’s Royal Parks have had a turbulent relationship, they are an undeniably beautiful spot to visit on a hot day, even if you do have to leave your bike at the gate. Here is a roundup of some of my favourite spots and some of the attractions and hotels around them. I’ve […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Are you sick and tired of those boring bike stands that don’t deserve to have your beautiful bike tied to it? I’ve scoured the internet looking for the sleekest, the coolest and most outrageous bike stand designs I could find. Here they are for your viewing pleasure! 1. Giant Squid Bike Rack Nothing says I’m […]
Does your grandad cycle? Mine doesn’t. Here’s the image my grandad has of cyclists: A bunch of lycra wearers, who ride two abreast, that avoid paying road tax and go on cycling holidays in France. Running London Cyclist, we’re bound to come to blows at times. Don’t get me wrong – I love my grandad. […]
Primera Sports are hosting their very own bike week on the 14th of April. The week of events will kick off with a Mountain Bike Demo day. If you’ve been considering a MTB purchase but you aren’t completely sure what you are looking for then you can try different models out and see what features […]
If you have managed to escape the furore around the RideLondon-Surrey 100 bike ride – you can definitely expect to hear a lot more about this event in the next six months. Following on from 2012’s summer of success/Olympic year/cycling is the best sport in the world, the UK is riding the two wheel wave […]
It’s not often when you are busy surfing from website to website, that you just pause to appreciate something beautiful. That’s exactly how I felt when I happened upon: http://www.thediscerningcyclist.co.uk/ Not only was the site design great, the illustrations were amazing and the articles on cycling fashion and style caught my attention. I had to […]
Join Breakthrough Breast Cancer to join over 20,000 cyclists taking part in the RideLondon-Surrey 100
The RideLondon-Surrey 100 is taking place on the 4th of August and will be covering 100 miles (160 km) along closed roads from central London all the way out to Surrey. Needless to say, it’s going to be pretty good fun! With over 20,000 people taking part, it’s also going to be the UK’s biggest […]
There’s a great range bikes at Argos or indeed any other major retailer or small bike shop. How do you know where to shop from and indeed which bike to choose? It’s a little different when you shop for a kids bike. You are just looking for something that will be adequate for your child, […]
I am Sam, and I used to be fat. Not just a little big podgy, really really obese. There, now I’ve got that out of the way I can get to telling you the story of how I stopped being overweight and transformed myself into a slim, athletic cycling (and running) machine. Whether you are […]
Please note this is a sponsored post. Green Workforce, a bicycle powered handyman company in London that we’ve previously recommended, is offering a £500 reward for the return of their stolen Surly bike. The company specialises in plumbing, painting and decorating, electrical and more recently has also added gas repairs thanks to a new […]
Sponsored feature When looking for somewhere new to live, whether you are renting or buying, one of the main factors that will affect your choice of property are the facilities available for your preferred mode of transport. If you are a car owner, parking spaces will be an important factor, if you use public transport, […]
In a survey of over 3,000 people, British psychologist Richard Wiseman found that 88% of New Year’s resolutions fail. 88% failure! What do you need to do, to avoid being part of the 88% that fail? For a start, science shows that humans have limited willpower. If you were given a tough task, such as […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Cycling for those with poor eyesight 22/04/2014
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Jeff_Thomson!: I think I have suffered a lot due to my inability ...
- Joellen: Hurrah! Finally I got a webpage from where I be ...
- Caroline: Spencer I also had extreme astigmatism and could n...
- ross: As for folding pedals MKS FD-7 are great, i put th...
- James B: Managed the 72 miles in just under 23 hours, arriv...
- Urban Cycles: Hey Abdreas, I think I'll happily leave others to...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists