By the end of this post you will have some great ideas of what gift to get a cyclist or if you are like myself what to ask for!
Books for a cyclist
Gift price: ~£9
- Around the world by bike part 1 – You really have to admire the ups and downs and how Alastair keeps going. Budget cycling adventure at its best.
- ‘Why Don’t You Fly?’ Back Door to Beijing – by Bicycle – From Worcestershire to Beijing all on your own, sounds like a pretty huge adventure.
- The man who cycled the world by Mark Beaumont
- Mountain bike maintenance by Mel Allwood – save money by doing repairs yourself
More book ideas.
Mountain bike experience day
Gift price: ~£75
You basically learn the essentials to mountain biking and then try out some of the courses. There is one on buyagift.co.uk but you may be able to find a cheaper one locally.
Gift price: ~£40
My favourite magazines has: Cycling Plus, Mountain Biking UK, What Mountain Bike and Procycling. (Prices seem good)
Magazine subscriptions tend to be cheaper online, so hopefully you should be able to save some cash. Oh and I just noticed Cycling Plus, the one I pickup occasionally, is available on Amazon aswell.
|Bike lights set||Waterproof cycling jacket||Cycling gloves|
|For a comparison of different bike lights check out my guide to bike lights.
Gift price: ~£20
|The DHB Amberley offers great value. If you’re looking to spend a bit more then the Endura stealth is recommended.
Gift price: ~£55
|Aim to buy some with Gel Padding to reduce pressure on the wrists while cycling. Long finger gloves are good for winter.Gift price: ~£20|
Gift price: ~£as much as you want!
- Wiggle is a good place to buy vouchers from because they offer pretty good value and a lot of cyclists tend to shop from there
- Evans Cycles also have vouchers
- Amazon gift voucher
Another option when hunting for a cyclist gift is to head to Etsy. They have a lot of unique stuff.
What gifts are on your wishlist?
Image by: lechampiondumonde
Join 9,241 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.