If you are looking for some Christmas reading on your train ride home, or for when you put your feet up on the sofa, here is a roundup of our best hits this year, as chosen by the 860,163 people who have visited London Cyclist in 2013 (so far!): Tern Link D8 folding bike review […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Standing in the clouds at 4,650 metres, we put on our protective gear. Today, we’re riding down the Bolivian death road. I eschew the knee pads and shoulder pads. If I miscalculate and end up going over the sheer drop at the edge of the road, they are not going to help. The full face […]
You’ve just spent £3200 on a Trek Madone road bike and now you want to go out and ride it. But, sensibly, you decide to grab some insurance first. You checkout the best bicycle insurance options and head over to ETA to get your bike covered. Enter the post code, value of the bike plus accessories. You spit out your coffee […]
Barclay’s are no longer feeling the London cycling love and have left Boris bike commuters without a sponsor, having walked away after paying just half of the promised £50 million. Who will step up to take their place? “Nobody!” I’m sure many of us would wishfully answer. The original “naked” form of the bikes is much more […]
A new film by the Met Police is designed to show the dangers that can arise from a typical interaction between a cyclist and a driver. It’s a useful film, which shows how easy it is for a cyclist to disappear in a blind spot. It’s certainly well intentioned and I hope that as many […]
I used to turn up my nose to events like the MITIE London Revolution. “Pah! Why ride in a big group. I’d rather just ride it myself.”. Then one year, I gave it a try and found out I rather enjoyed it. Now I find myself looking forward to the next one. I’m not the only […]
Recent headlines have sent a shock through the cycling community. Five cyclists killed in nine days, bringing the death toll this year to 13. Unmentioned, are the hundreds of cyclists to suffer severe injuries. The Save Our Cyclists petition, as well as a flash ride spearheaded by the LCC and planned Stop the killing die-in […]
At first it was a happy accident, a few wrong turns on my first cycle to work, and I stumbled across Oxford Circus. For the first time as a London resident and not a tourist. It was a mistake I was glad to make. Three months after moving to London, my bike was stolen. I […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. In my head, I have a picture of the kind of cyclist I’d like to be. Glamorous and perfectly styled, I would pedal effortlessly, arriving at my destination without a hair out of place and nary a drop of sweat on me. While it’s unlikely I will ever […]
It only seems fitting after our top 10 summer cycling accessories, we do a roundup of our top 10 winter cycling accessories. DHB EQ 2.5 winter cycling jacket This jacket is built for cold, wet weather. With seams taped and waterproof zips, as well as a high neck and long back, you’ll arrive dry at […]
Guest post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. The shower at my workplace has recently been deep cleaned. I’m not suggesting that this has never happened before, but it was enough of a novelty that Facilities put up signs weeks before the event, alerting us to its imminent occurrence and asking us to remove any belongings. […]
Would you like to find London’s best bike shops, cycle cafes, bike rentals and mobile bike repair mechanics? That’s what the free London Cyclist app aims to do. To download, search the app store for London Cyclist or: It’s available for iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. In future, it will also be making its […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 novelty jerseys for your cycling wardrobe 01/09/2014
- Mountain biking in Devon’s Haldon Forest 01/09/2014
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alehouse Rock: ETIENNE----It's a jungle out there, isn't it? An...
- Norma: Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placi...
- weight loss surgery: Although HCG is only produced by females, HCG is a...
- KM7 enhancement products (: The other day, while I was at work, my sister stol...
- Alehouse Rock: Plus 1 to that! A.L....
- Alehouse Rock: MARCO----Sorry about the crap cyclist you've ment...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists