You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
Author Archive | Andreas
For a gallon of petrol (3.785411784 litres – give or take) in Austin, Texas you pay £1.96. In the UK, we would pay £4.96. With such bargain fuel prices, why ride a bike or walk? For me the answer was two-fold: Necessity and a love of cycling. I was in Austin, Texas for a couple […]
Top tips for keeping your bike clean by Arragon’s Cycle Centre’s Head Mechanic, Phil Graham. Bike Week, which this year is June 14-22, identified that almost half of people with a bike can’t enjoy a ride this summer, as their bike is in too bad shape. Fortunately, Dr Bikes will be attending many of the events to help the […]
The pictures from this year’s Mitie London Revolution are stunning! Looking at the them makes me want to go out and ride my bike on these beautiful roads. The 2014 event was completely sold out, with 2,000 riders attending. Early list entry in to the 2015 event is now open here. The London Revolution has become […]
Last week we wrote about the magic of the humble barrel adjuster. I asked if bike maintenance articles that provide big wins for cyclists, but are extremely accessible for beginners is something you’d like more of. The answer was overwhelmingly yes. This week therefore, I want to share with you a £5 tool, that can save […]
What is it like riding your first sportive? For me personally, I had a load of unanswered questions. I didn’t know whether I should be training, what should I take with me, what to expect, would it be my kind of thing. I ended up turning up unprepared, forgetting my required bicycle helmet and therefore […]
1. What’s with all these extra cyclists? 2. Finally, people have discovered the joys of cycling! It’s so nice to be joined by all my cycling brothers and sisters. We are living in a new era in London! 3. Oh, no, it’s just a tube strike. 4. Hope it ends soon – all these extra cyclists don’t know […]
In this tongue-in-cheek guest post, cycling blogger Andrew Montgomery returns to London Cyclist to ask why exactly you haven’t signed up for a sportive in 2014. Yes, you. Are you a cyclist that has always fancied taking part in a sportive, but never quite got round to it? You recall Britain’s golden cyclosummer in 2012; […]
The almighty barrel adjuster, so simple, yet so useful for small adjustments! Next time you are out on a bike ride, squeeze your brake level. When you’ve pulled the lever about 1/4 of the way, the brakes should be engaged. At a half way, they should be fully engaged. If you’re not finding that’s the case, then you […]
I invited London Cyclist reader Spencer to share his experience finding a solution to riding with poor eyesight. Judging by previous posts on a similar topic, this is something a number of readers have experienced. My eyesight is so poor not only would it be dangerous to ride without glasses, but it also causes […]
There is no shortage of great innovations on their way over to cycling commuters everywhere, as inventors rush to create new products that solve problems cyclists face on a daily basis. From the bike bell, to the bike light – nothing is safe from being ripped apart and reimagined. We feature many of these new […]
For listings of all of London’s bike shops, cycle cafes and bike businesses, grab a copy of our free London Cyclist app. For a laugh, discounts and more, here’s a list of 7 London bike shop accounts I recommend you follow. Cycle PS @cycle_ps At Cycle PS in Camberwell you’ll find a pool table and stone […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The five things I’ve learnt as an everyday cyclist in London 18/04/2015
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 17 local London bike shops – offer ended! 13/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Vanessa: I'm a broke uni student. I got a light fruit wood...
- Amoeba: "Although Europe I believe changed the law for us...
- funwey: All these powered masks are industrial grade and c...
- Francis: Hi Timber, for bearded folks, you need "powered r...
- Fern: I have knog blinder on the front that has been goi...
- Dave Williams: I'm all in favour of cyclists being seen but, som...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets