With the cycle hire scheme expanding to South and West London with 2,000 shiny new bikes, TfL has some upgrades in store for us users. For a start, there is now a local rate call number (0343 222 6666) for any questions you have for the cycle hire team. This is great for us mobile phone […]
Author Archive | Andreas
All cyclists know, a car overtaking you at 50mph, sending a gust of wind and noise in your direction is not particularly pleasant. Streets with lower speed limits are far more enjoyable to cycle on. Fortunately, the City of London will soon be joining its adjoining councils in adopting 20mph speed limits. This new, lower […]
What’s the biggest challenge you’ve ever faced for charity? A group of plucky cyclists has managed to raise just over £34k for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research charity by completing a stage of the Tour de France route, to celebrate 100 years of the world’s most famous cycling event. From the group of 35 an […]
Have you ever had a bike stolen? I have and I’m sure most London Cyclist readers will have as well. Cycle in London for long enough and it’s an unfortunate probability, that you will one day be a victim of bike theft. That’s why I highly recommend bicycle insurance. Cyclists don’t help their probabilities however […]
If you only listened to health news lately you’d think the entire western world is overweight and ill-prepared to do anything about it. But despite what the reports say about the number of obese people and those who lead mostly sedentary lives, plenty of people are out there being active. In fact there has been […]
Today, I’m sharing a route from our 35 London Cycle Routes eBook. If you’ve not got yourself a copy, I recommend it! The eBook is still only £9.95. During this ride, if the views don’t take your breath away, then the cycle route certainly will. Tackle London’s hills and you’re in for a reward as […]
The beach is the one thing our wonderful city is missing. Or is it? Whilst not exactly comparable to a Greek island, there are actually a number of sandy beaches in London you can pedal to. They make for a perfect day out with family or friends. You’ll need to get exploring these spots now […]
The best advice I’ve ever received as a cyclist? Go on a cycle training course! Despite being a confident cyclist, a friend of mine, LCC trustee David Love, convinced me I should go. I did, and it completely changed the way I cycle. After I’d been on the course I noticed dangerous situations I was putting […]
It’s my birthday! To celebrate, I’d like to give you a sneak preview of a new app I’ve been working on for London’s cyclists. Update! The app is now available here: http://bit.ly/ldncyclistapp I know you’re going to love it but I need your help to make it a reality. Read on! The app will list all […]
Summertime madness is here and of course it is the perfect time to see London by bike. Here is a roundup of some fun summer cycling accessories for you. Wine bottle holder for your bicycle Who wouldn’t want this wine bottle holder? It suggests elegance, fun and a willingness to get a little bit tipsy […]
Today, I’ve written to my Member of Parliament, Karen Buck. On the 2nd of September 2013, from 7pm to 10pm, there will be a parliamentary debate on cycling, based on the “Get Britain Cycling” report by the Parliamentary Cycling Group. I’ve written to her asking to attend and explaining why I think it’s important. If […]
For cycling enthusiasts, there is nothing like riding on the open road and witnessing magnificent sights as you ride across the country. Fortunately, there are many incredible cycling trails around the world that offer scenic wonders as well as a great means of exercise. You’ll want to be sure that you are fully prepared by […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andrew Russell: 1) Hydration thingy, I have a Camelbak, I work in ...
- John Somers: I have found from significant experience of "bump...
- Andrew: +1 for turning off flashing lights (or putting you...
- MJ Ray: The person behind shouldn't be cycling within twe...
- Pontylad: Passed a bunch of horses the other day on a narrow...
- Toria: Another important note you may wish to add is to a...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets