That famous song: “Here comes the sun” by George Harrison seems almost mocking in London when you stare on grey skies and ask yourself: When is summer coming? As Londoners we love to complain but we also hold a deep optimism. Surely, this year will be better than last? Aside from your shorts and t-shirt, […]
Archive | May, 2013
Back in the day is a phrase I find myself increasingly using. Back in the day, I didn’t get a mobile phone until I was 18. Back in the day, the internet made funny noises when it connected. Back in the day, I had to use a bike computer to measure how fast I was going. Now, […]
Guest post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. Walking down Kingsland Road in Hackney the other day, I watched a steady stream of cyclists go past me. They were a motley assortment: some in full Lycra on expensive road bikes, some in jeans on single speeds, and some on traditional bikes, baskets held proudly aloft. […]
Peruvian Wharf in London’s Docklands is not normally known as a busy place at 6am, but last Saturday things were different. There was a tangible buzz of excitement and anticipation in the air as over 1000 riders gathered in this piece of ex-industrial wasteland. The reason for this gathering? This was the start of the […]
The charms of London always reveal themselves as you pedal around on two wheels. Slowing down the pace isn’t easy for Londoners, but in a hectic life it can be very rewarding. What better way to explore than with a camera strapped to your back or in your saddle bag to capture the scenery. Here […]
Remade in England Rapha’s lead product designer, Graeme Raeburn, has been working with his brother, Christopher Raeburn, to produce a special edition capsule collection for city cyclists. Christopher Raeburn heads up his own design studio in the UK which is famed for using repurposed fabrics and handcrafted construction. All hand made in England, the collaboration […]
No cars, no buses, no lorries – Caye Caulker, Belize is a utopia for bicycles. A vision of a world where people get around on foot, by bike or electric golf carts. The end result is one of the most charming, laid back destinations in all of the Americas. Couple this with endless sunshine, some […]
Now as I am sure you know I am a fan of all things Vulpine, having previously reviewed their Merino Polo and Lightweight Harrington. This time I am reviewing the staple of the Vulpine range – the Merino T-Shirt. In essence this is is the same as last years model, but is available in some new colours […]
One day, cycling around Soho, a Rolls Royce with blackened windows was stuck behind me. With cars parked on the left, the road was too narrow for the driver to pass. It felt a little intimidating to be holding up this big hunk of metal. Eventually, the road widened and the car overtook me. Pulling […]
Maybe it’s the outdoor cinema showing The Flying Scotsman, the proximity to London, or the 180 mile route that covers some of the most beautiful British countryside. Whatever it is, the MITIE London Revolution has just become the largest multi-day sportive in the country, with over 1,800 riders attending and that number is only going […]
Many of us have probably been on a cycling tour or two. A few of us may have even dreamed of setting up our own tour company. Today, I wanted to bring you an interview with Alex Baines-Buffery who has accomplished exactly that. Combining the experience of wine tasting and cycling, his new tour company […]
It’s everyone’s worst nightmare. You return one day to find your bike has been stolen. Then, you spot it for sale on eBay. What do you do? Confront the seller directly? Just pay them? Contact eBay? Contact the police? Sometimes miraculous recoveries do happen. This is the story of how one London cyclist, Stuart, got […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- GPS bike locks 30/07/2014
- Knog Party Combo bike lock review 29/07/2014
- Shipping your bike 28/07/2014
- 3 things I prefer about cycling in Austin, Texas 27/07/2014
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- professional moving company: What i don't understood is in truth how you are n...
- Owen Billcliffe: I like the use of tech in those locks, although I ...
- best gaming Router 2014: For the benefit of creating an useful product comp...
- freeform varifocals ltd.com: Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored at work so I d...
- Craig: Hi Laurie, Your post was over 2 years ago so th...
- Debra Storr: I had a car pull out of a side road and clip the r...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists