Now that the season is ripe for traveling, avid cyclists will be searching for places to crash for a night between cycling holidays. Whether you choose to plan your holiday around cycling or you simply want to cycle around every locale to enjoy the sites, you’ll want to book travel accommodations that cater to cyclists. […]
Archive | Break out of London RSS feed for this section
Jack Thurston of The Bike Show, has created what must be the most beautiful guide to cycling in South East England. The Lost Lanes book has been sat in my inbox, awaiting review for far too long, but with sunnier days ahead of us, I thought it was time to bring it to everyone’s attention. The […]
The 2013 Deloitte Ride Across Britain Since I’ve been back, I’ve been trying to write up my experiences from my recently completed Ride Across Britain. I started to write a daily diary type article, but quickly decided to abandon it – after all there’s only so many ways I could write – “Got Up early, […]
I want my holidays to provide me with more than a week of lying around, getting sunburnt and eating too much local fare. Don’t get me wrong, that sounds divine, but you can only lounge around so much in a given week. Naturally, when Big Friday emailed me about their Cycle Surfari holidays, I was […]
No cars, no buses, no lorries – Caye Caulker, Belize is a utopia for bicycles. A vision of a world where people get around on foot, by bike or electric golf carts. The end result is one of the most charming, laid back destinations in all of the Americas. Couple this with endless sunshine, some […]
Many of us have probably been on a cycling tour or two. A few of us may have even dreamed of setting up our own tour company. Today, I wanted to bring you an interview with Alex Baines-Buffery who has accomplished exactly that. Combining the experience of wine tasting and cycling, his new tour company […]
When in El Salvador, you really appreciate the frequent train services from London Euston to Birmingham New Street. Using my best Spanish I enquired about a similar journey in El Salvador: “Hay un autobus para ir a Sonsonate?” Turns out a journey 1/4 of the length, is going to take the same amount of time. […]
The first spot on my tour of the Americas for a new project I’m working on, started off in Vancouver – and no I didn’t see any bears, I didn’t have to trample through snow and I didn’t have to avoid moose traps as some friends joked. My trip started off with a typical Canadian […]
“AMERICA! The land ruled by the car! We invented it!” So howled a lady as I was walking towards Clever Cycles in Portland. Indeed, I thought to myself as I hurried past. That’s exactly what I’m here to investigate. Getting here wasn’t easy. As I didn’t wish to rent a car, the journey was a […]
If like me, January is the month that you start to set your goals for the year ahead, then you might be considering entering your first cycling event. Sportives have become very popular over the last few years. The challenge of riding a long distance, over challenging terrain appeals to a lot of cyclists. Read […]
If you are looking for a rather spectacular challenge for next year, then how about this? The Deloitte Ride Across Britain is perhaps the UK’s best known long distance cycling event. It covers 960 miles in 9 days and is open to 700 riders that are fully supported. Whether you ride for the scenery, for […]
This is a guest post by Tim Moss of The Next Challenge. As a kid, I was always scared of cycling. I knew how to ride a bike but I could never pluck up the courage to cycle the two or three miles to my school. But I moved to London to study at UCL […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Drone Start-up Scoped: Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering i...
- Minibus Hire Herts: I know this if off topic but I'm looking into sta...
- weight loss hcg springfield mo: Walking is wonderful exercising on the HCG eating ...
- photopeach.com: Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic howe...
- hair restoration in chicago: The importance of minimizing the wound size in any...
- Vid: As a cycle helmet is designed to protect your head...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists