Writing’s on the Wall is an audio and visual journey by bicycle exploring the changing face of London’s East End from Shoreditch to Hackney Wick. Learn about the area through some of the most prolific Street artists who use its architecture as their canvas. Hear about the work in the artists’ own voices, while exploring […]
Recently in an email to London Cyclist: What is the best bike shop in London? Depends on your flavour.. A bike shop that can build you a custom bike depending on your requirements: Cloud 9 Cycles and Foffa Bikes A bike shop that will show you all the latest dutch style gear: Velorution or Bobbin […]
Taking you through three of the best rear bike lights as well as what to look for in a good rear light.
This week I am mostly very jealous of Andreas and his Frisco jaunt. I’ve been keeping the home fires burning having a look at some dhb kit that Wiggle kindly gave me to road test. I did take some photos of me wearing the kit but they got lost on a memory stick somewhere between […]
“When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking” Arthur Conan Doyle, Scientific American Magazine, 1896 This is the opening quote […]
It’s interesting to watch people take that first plunge into cycling and immensely pleasing to hear about how much they enjoyed it. Recently, I’ve been quite excited as my friend will be joining the cycling ranks. His move to a different part of London means he will no longer be walking distance from work. Hence, […]
Big thank you to Mark’s Cycle Repairs for helping me put this repair together for the Bike Doctor App (Already in iPhone version, soon to be in Android version) Mark offers excellent prices and repairs for all sorts of bikes and if you live in the direction of Kent (Orpington) specifically then you should check […]
This is a guest post by Graham Hills of Bikers Delight. Cycle – eat – cycle – eat – cycle – eat – cycle. The perfect day out?! Combining some of the best grazing in London, with diverse cycling sights, this London bike ride gives a full workout for the senses. A triangular route visiting […]
Andreas posted another ‘Comment Friday’ last week that garnered a whopping set of comments about how we carry our stuff to work. I did a post about this on my blog back in January about all of the various needs of mine in relation to my commute. It’s not straightforward and, as one of the commenters […]
Reading through the messages in the last Comment Friday it seems there’s a lot of love for bike panniers. Personally, I can’t help being drawn to messenger bags. The capacity, the quick access when you swing the bag around and the comfortable position on my back have always worked well for me. Therefore, when Chrome […]
In this weeks comment Friday I want to talk bags! How do you go about getting the bits you need into work. Whether that be a laptop, a change of clothes or any other items you keep in your bag. After my brief brush with panniers, I’m currently relying on a messenger bag. My choice […]
Sipping on a few beers enjoying a rare sunny day in London my friend asked: “How’s the blog?”. “Yeah, pretty good, I’m writing a new eBook” I replied. “You are writing a new what?” my clearly internet illiterate friend asked. “A new eBook – you know a downloadable book.” “Oh right, what on?” “Well, how […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Velosock – A sock for your bike reviewed 30/07/2015
- Discerning Cyclist Style Guide – Summer Edition 18/07/2015
- 5 accessories for a summer of cycling 25/06/2015
- What it’s like to get knocked off your bike 22/06/2015
- Traffic-free Sundays on Regent Street in July 18/06/2015
- What it’s like to race Bradley Wiggins 09/06/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- DH: You also missed Sportif Magazine, second highest f...
- Willa: londoncyclist.co.uk has potential, you can make yo...
- Steve Marshall: Community, What is the latest thoughts/links/re...
- Anta: Velosock isn't waterpfoorf to protect bike from r...
- Dave: I frequently use my HPV Streetmachine recumbent fo...
- Andrew Curry: If you're trying to keep your carpet clean/ dry w...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists