Our final brake pad replacement guide: disc brakes. Due to their effectiveness in wet conditions disc brakes are finding their way on to more and more bikes, particularly those used for commuting. They are great in London traffic when you have no idea who or what will walk out in front of you next. These […]
We’ve had our hands on a Slicks backpack before and generally found it to be both a great travel companion and perfect for carrying a suit around uncreased. Flash forward a few years later and Slicks are now launching a new, more utilitarian edition on Kickstarter. We decided to give it the London Cyclist indepth review treatment. […]
As cyclists, we’ve been lucky, with temperatures hovering in the teens for way longer than is seasonably expected. However, winter has suddenly arrived. It’s finally that time of year again when getting out on the bike requires a little more willpower. Cold, rainy and often dark, commutes through the winter present different challenges. That said, there […]
Last week we brought you a guide on replacing pads on cantilever and v-brakes. This week we are providing guidance on the types of rim brakes often found on road bikes. Many road (racing) bikes make use of cartridge based brake calipers in order to make replacing the brake pads very quick and easy. If […]
Ever started a bike ride feeling freezing cold and by the end being hot and sweaty? To have a comfortable ride throughout and keep cycling no matter the weather – layering is the secret. The great news is, layering is really very adaptable and a few key pieces can take you through every type of weather a year […]
Last week we took you through how to replace your brake cables for greater stopping power. However, you also need to make sure that your brake pads are in good shape too. Brake pads frequently wear out so this week we show you how to replace the brake pads on most styles of rim brakes. To see […]
I have been following Emily Chappell’s exploits for a while now as she does a lot of things that I wish I would do (and be able to do). She started riding the streets of London as a courier nearly a decade ago and has also been cycling a lot further afield in that time. Not only that, but […]
Having suggested 3 achievable cycling related New Years resolutions, I thought it only fair to open up and share my own. My goals are not really fitness related, though many of them will have that as an added benefit. My main driving force is to expand my horizons and to spend more time on the bike, because […]
New year, new cables. That’s an adage that will totally catch on. Over time brake cables gather dirt, water seeps into them and they get worn out. This is one of the repairs you will want to do occasionally and not wait for the part to break before you fix it.Replacing cables is a good […]
Cycling resolutions fit in with what you do on a daily basis. That makes it easier to succeed and means it comes with obvious daily rewards. There are several ways you could set yourself resolution goals, here are three of our suggestions. Enter an event This is a common goal for fitness related resolutions, therefore it […]
There are several easy things you can change on your bike to give you a new lease of riding life. Contact points particularly wear quickly and upgrading can really improve your ride quality. A holiday period such as Christmas is a great time to make any alterations and cope with break in periods. Many of […]
A small company in London have been providing a unique take on fresh drinks using custom UK built California Cruiser bikes that convert pedal power to high speed blending. These green machines are available to hire for events and will crush ice, blend healthy smoothies or mix up delicious cocktails. In addition to the bikes […]
- 3 great cycle cut-throughs in East London 24/06/2016
- How to stop your bike lock from jamming 23/06/2016
- Portland Design Works Takeout Basket review 17/06/2016
- Multipurpose cycling products round up 14/06/2016
- Genesis Flyer 2016 – Full review 09/06/2016
- Learning to ride a bike as an adult in London 07/06/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- MIchael: Locking upside down not only reduces the chance of...
- Paul: Yes don't use them, the towpaths between Islingto...
- Golf Consultants: Well said...hahahaha......
- Tom: The towpaths also deserve a mention here, the fact...
- PATRICIA GREEN: I ride a tandem with my husband and as we are not ...
- Mark: My understanding is that Tower Hamlets will replac...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists