A small company in London have been providing a unique take on fresh drinks using custom UK built California Cruiser bikes that convert pedal power to high speed blending. These green machines are available to hire for events and will crush ice, blend healthy smoothies or mix up delicious cocktails. In addition to the bikes […]
Imagine pedalling up to a traffic light, only to have it magically change to green as you approach? It does happen on those special days when cycling into work feels like flying. It is wonderful and it certainly speeds up the daily commute – adding an extra reason to go by bike and not by car. […]
With our weekly maintenance posts we have generally been using minimal tools. However, in the coming weeks we will be getting into some things in a bit more depth. To do these you may well need a few more tools. As it is the gift giving season, we thought you might have room on your […]
Across London Christmas trees are going up at a feverish pace. Some of these trees will be themed and colour coordinated, others will be a mix of ornaments old and new. I personally favour the old and new eclectic mix option. Regardless of your views on tree schemes, as a fan of the bike it only seems […]
Levi’s have been making men’s commuter clothing for a few years now. There is some choice in cycling specific jeans for men, but very few for women. Therefore, it was with some happiness that I heard the news that Levi’s finally realised that women ride bikes too and wear jeans while doing it. The jeans actually attempt to […]
Besides the annoyance, squeaks are a warning sign – a plaintive cry for help as it were. A persistent squeak, creek or click can be a torturous experience. Many bikes suffer from them. However, they are a good warning sign that something needs your attention. Unfortunately, figuring out what that something is can be a pain. Especially […]
Blaze is a true Kickstarter success story. Their lazerlight is a great light for London as well as a beautiful piece of design and has recently been found to be the safest bike light available. Not only that, but the laser is currently being trailed in the Santander bikes with the hope of rolling it out […]
If you’ve bought a bike online, we are going to help you get it up and running quickly and easily. This is particularly useful this time of year with Christmas presents on the horizon. Most of these tips will apply to bikes of all sizes, so good for kiddy bikes too. If this is your first […]
This weekend we had the chance to see the new exhibition at the Design Museum, Cycle Revolution, along with a guided tour by the curator, Donna Loveday. The exhibition has thus far had mixed but generally positive press, and previous exhibitions I have seen at the Design Museum have been excellent. Therefore I was greatly looking […]
As much as I would like to pretend that it is no where near Christmas right now, I would be in pointless denial. After being hassled mercilessly by my Christmas crazy sister for present ideas nearly 3 weeks ago, I realised it was time to get real. Therefore London Cyclist brings you an initial Christmas list of […]
Being able to service your bike yourself is an awesome feeling. However if you are new to it, before diving into bicycle maintenance it’s good to have a heads up on the most common errors people make when they first start maintaining their own bike. If you avoid them all the time, you’ll soon be better […]
CS5 has been unofficially open and in use for a little while now but the segregated two-way lane across Vauxhall Bridge it had its official launch today. The Mayor came down along with many of the head cycling planning honchos from TfL. The Route The ultimate goal of CS5 is to link Victoria Station up to New […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review and Competition! 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- http://www.sdelaempozdravlenie.ru/: Rosey PattersonOctober 19, 2012We taught this song...
- http://www.4music.ru/: , and the underlying feelings behind it. For exam...
- Pennfold: I got to admit this seems like my experience too. ...
- http://www.sdelaempozdravlenie.ru/: Hi Tristram, Everything you do comes from within y...
- carl: fitzrovia cycles. from my personal experience, th...
- Freddie: I am launching my mobile bike shop in London 2016....
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now