Having suggested 3 achievable cycling related New Years resolutions, I thought it only fair to open up and share my own. My goals are not really fitness related, though many of them will have that as an added benefit. My main driving force is to expand my horizons and to spend more time on the bike, because […]
New year, new cables. That’s an adage that will totally catch on. Over time brake cables gather dirt, water seeps into them and they get worn out. This is one of the repairs you will want to do occasionally and not wait for the part to break before you fix it.Replacing cables is a good […]
Cycling resolutions fit in with what you do on a daily basis. That makes it easier to succeed and means it comes with obvious daily rewards. There are several ways you could set yourself resolution goals, here are three of our suggestions. Enter an event This is a common goal for fitness related resolutions, therefore it […]
There are several easy things you can change on your bike to give you a new lease of riding life. Contact points particularly wear quickly and upgrading can really improve your ride quality. A holiday period such as Christmas is a great time to make any alterations and cope with break in periods. Many of […]
A small company in London have been providing a unique take on fresh drinks using custom UK built California Cruiser bikes that convert pedal power to high speed blending. These green machines are available to hire for events and will crush ice, blend healthy smoothies or mix up delicious cocktails. In addition to the bikes […]
Imagine pedalling up to a traffic light, only to have it magically change to green as you approach? It does happen on those special days when cycling into work feels like flying. It is wonderful and it certainly speeds up the daily commute – adding an extra reason to go by bike and not by car. […]
With our weekly maintenance posts we have generally been using minimal tools. However, in the coming weeks we will be getting into some things in a bit more depth. To do these you may well need a few more tools. As it is the gift giving season, we thought you might have room on your […]
Across London Christmas trees are going up at a feverish pace. Some of these trees will be themed and colour coordinated, others will be a mix of ornaments old and new. I personally favour the old and new eclectic mix option. Regardless of your views on tree schemes, as a fan of the bike it only seems […]
Levi’s have been making men’s commuter clothing for a few years now. There is some choice in cycling specific jeans for men, but very few for women. Therefore, it was with some happiness that I heard the news that Levi’s finally realised that women ride bikes too and wear jeans while doing it. The jeans actually attempt to […]
Besides the annoyance, squeaks are a warning sign – a plaintive cry for help as it were. A persistent squeak, creek or click can be a torturous experience. Many bikes suffer from them. However, they are a good warning sign that something needs your attention. Unfortunately, figuring out what that something is can be a pain. Especially […]
Blaze is a true Kickstarter success story. Their lazerlight is a great light for London as well as a beautiful piece of design and has recently been found to be the safest bike light available. Not only that, but the laser is currently being trailed in the Santander bikes with the hope of rolling it out […]
If you’ve bought a bike online, we are going to help you get it up and running quickly and easily. This is particularly useful this time of year with Christmas presents on the horizon. Most of these tips will apply to bikes of all sizes, so good for kiddy bikes too. If this is your first […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Har hari: This to the guy who is in the video about locking ...
- Frank Tompson: Above you say 'Let’s start with the Best iPhone...
- JB: I am going to have to stop reading this colum as i...
- Tony Delaney: What about using gps security? I don't know if we...
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets