“I’ve never really wanted to mess with my bike but thing’s have started playing up and I don’t know where to start”. My friend Daniel is one of many new cyclists who’ve fallen in love with cycling. Just over 14 months ago he purchased a Marin bike and has been riding to work since. But […]
Archive | Bicycle maintenance RSS feed for this section
As of about 3 hours ago you can now download a new app for your iPhone that helps you maintain your bike. The App is called Bike Doctor and is available from: http://bikedoctorapp.com/ UPDATE: The App has reached number 1 in the Sports category! (1/July/2010) UPDATE: The App has been featured in the “New and […]
If you bumped into me in the street and asked me what my main gripe about cycling is I would without hesitation be annoyed at you bumping into me! But seriously, my main gripe is the maintenance. I figured out how to do a range of repairs on my bike a while back, but I’m […]
On Tuesday of last week I received an unexpected compliment. I was contacted by David from Cycleconfident.com. He told me he wanted to handout my free bike maintenance manual at the training courses they run. It was good to see the manual, which has now surpassed 3,000 downloads, was so well regarded. Of course I […]
Whenever something goes wrong on a bike the typical course of action is as follows. Step 1 – curse the cycling gods! Step 2 – Try to ignore the problem for as long as possible. Step 3 – give in and visit the nearest bike shop. You then find someone who looks knowledgeable and describe […]
Today there are two very exciting bits of news I’m pleased to announce. The first is that the London Cyclist blog email newsletter officially starts today. Woo! Secondly, I’m giving away a free bicycle maintenance eBook to celebrate the launch! Extra content and discounts I’ll start with the newsletter. This is something I’ve wanted to […]
Ever so often a bike needs a bit of love to be kept running smoothly and to keep providing a comfortable ride free of annoying noises. So recently I got myself down to the local bike shop and picked up: New lock New chain New brake cables New brake pads New chain cleaning tool Well, […]
A look at which parts of a bike to lubricate, how often to lubricate them and which lubricant to use. Also a quick look at some of the most common errors people make that can cause damage to their bikes.
How to go from a horrible dirty bike that doesn’t work very well to a nice clean bike that performs well. Also good advice on where to apply lube
Picture this: you are cycling along on your bike and you can hear funny noises coming near the chain. As you are wondering what is going on you come to an intersection and need to slow down. You hit the brakes and you hear a terrible sound like metal grinding on the bike wheel. After […]
There are lots of great cycling apps out there and it can feel overwhelming about which one to choose. Here I take you through them all and which ones I recommend the most.
If you want to find out how to fix a bike you have no need to go running to a professional repair shop if you harness the power of the internet! There are a lot of online bicycle repair sites out there desperately wanting your attention but I recommend you try the following three which […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- I would cycle but it’s…. 28/11/2013
- Knog Blinder Road Light review 25/11/2013
- Endura Gridlock II Women’s Waterproof Jacket review 21/11/2013
- The five best things about winter riding 20/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- CycleMiles: Some great suggestions London Cyclist. The Team Sk...
- Mik: > I read once that there is no such thing as ba...
- Shantell: To take the most Alli weight loss pill, combine it...
- Andreas: Yep, have a quick look on Google Play or Amazon st...
- Shades: Refresh all the batteries in your lights. You'l...
- Dave B: Working in journal publishing I see this all the t...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists