Whilst your typical bike light is outputting around 20 Lumens of light it’s easily possible to get hold of lights that emit 1,200 Lumens or more. Needless to say this is often overkill for London’s roads but can be useful down country lanes with no other light sources. Have you ever been dazzled by bright […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
Say for one horrible moment you couldn’t use your bike to get into work. How would your commute look? Admittedly, my previous commute wouldn’t have been too bad. It would have been a 10 minute walk to London Bridge station, followed by a short ride on the northern line, switching over to central and getting […]
London Cyclists were once again out in force tonight to protest against the changes to Blackfriars Bridge that will be detrimental to cyclists and pedestrians. TfL has decided in favour of cramming as much motorised traffic over the bridge as humanly possible in an effort to be as green and as popular as possible. It’s […]
The 2011 Bicycle Film Festival had the usual selection of odd, interesting and eye opening movies. I attended two showings on the Friday and Sunday evenings. On arrival on the Friday evening, the amount of bicycles outside suggested it was going to be a sold out event. There was also the Bicycle Library parked outside […]
Cycling is a great way to meet new people and discover new parts of the world. That’s exactly what I did last Saturday on the BikeMinded Cake and Coffee tour. BikeMinded is the brain child of cycling enthusiast Kathryn King (pictured on the right) as part of the Kensington and Chelsea plan to expand cycling […]
Popcorn and beers are in order as this years Bicycle Film Festival is just around the corner. The Barbican is the venue and the 5th to the 9th of October are the dates you’ll need in your calendar. Fortunately, tickets are just £9.50 so you’ll not need to dig too deep to get your yearly […]
At 11am tomorrow (Sunday 18th of September) the Tour of Britain is returning to central London. This is the grand finale and there’s a good chance to take a look at it along the route. The route takes in Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and the Tower of London. On the day they’ll be a time […]
It’s a normal day at work when suddenly a new message pops up in your inbox: “Congratulations on your new job as head of TfL!”. Reading the email you are excited. Not only do you have a fat new pay check to look forward to every month but your first task in office is to […]
Last week I launched a competition to see how long it takes someone to do a loop of Regents Park. This was later extended to Richmond Park after complaints the competition was too hard to enter (more on that below). We had plenty of excellent entries and some incredible times. The average was around nine […]
How long does it take you to do a loop of Regents Park or Richmond Park? (£500 gift card up for grabs)
Update: I’m opening this up to Richmond Park too after feedback in the comments and to make it easier for people to enter. When the Trek Madison 3.1 road bike first arrived at my house I set my sights on Regents Park. I wanted to do a loop of the outer circle to see how […]
We’ve looked at some of the best value for money road bikes, great road cycling routes near London and why you may want a road bike. A couple of commenters have asked about what it is like to ride a road bike around London. As I’ve been testing the Trek Madone 3.1 this would be […]
If you want to mingle with fellow cyclists, improve your fitness or just head out on long rides then a cycling club is a good option. Finding the right one isn’t the easiest thing, but the British Cycling Club finder is a good place to start. Another great way to find a good one is […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Mountain biking in Devon’s Haldon Forest 01/09/2014
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alehouse Rock: Plus 1 to that! A.L....
- Alehouse Rock: MARCO----Sorry about the crap cyclist you've ment...
- marco: My 5 year old girl was nearly knocked off by a cyc...
- Dave: Don't despair enough of us keep nagging it will m...
- Chris Page: No iPhone, so I can't do it now. Don't do Twi...
- Rideon: Well, school has started again for the kids and th...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now