Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
Keeping your tyres pumped up to the recommended tyre pressure is a great way to prevent punctures. However, it’s often hard to reach the required pressure if you are using only a hand pump. Fortunately, Cyclehoop have been working on installing a limited number of public bike pumps in London. The below map shows you […]
I received this email off Adam recently, the organiser of the Hackney Bicycle Film Society: We have decided that this could be our penultimate show audiences have been dwindling over the last couple of months with only eight coming to the last two shows we think the HBFS is something pretty special and unique but […]
I’m definitely not an urban planning expert. I know this, because my neighbours are studying it and whenever they get in to a heated debate about it, my eyes glaze over. However, on a short bike ride to Covent Garden there are a number of things that as a cyclist, simply don’t make sense to […]
More than 26,000 bicycles were reported stolen to the Metropolitan Police last year, up a third on five years ago, BBC London has learned. That’s bad news and the report does not get any better as you read on: Only 4% of bikes recovered Most people never report a stolen bike so potentially over 100,000 […]
The best bike shops, cycle cafes and events are listed in the Love London section of the London Cyclist Handbook. Today, I wanted to share one of the pages from that section that will appeal to road cyclists. If you are having aches and pains while cycling, then the chances are it is not fitted […]
“Located in the heart of Soho, Rapha’s Cycle Club will be a home for the sport and culture of road cycling, a meeting place for road riders. Along with live screenings of road races and a full calendar of events, the Cycle Club will be an emporium of Rapha clothing and accessories with food, drink […]
It’s been just 24 hours since we’ve launched the eBook and we’ve already sold over 100 copies. There’s a few questions that have been popping up, so I thought this would be a great place to answer them all. Question 1: Is it possible to buy a hard copy? Currently, the London Cyclist Handbook […]
Cycling sounds like the perfect way to get to venues when all other modes of transport are going to be bursting at the seams. But just how easy is it going to be for those of us who want to take to two wheels? Let’s start with the good news. The Olympic Delivery Authority has […]
Riding along Cycle Superhighway 3 during the morning rush hour is an unfamiliar experience for the typical London cyclist. The route that connects Barking to Tower Gateway has experienced an 83% increase in cyclists since the first lids of blue paint were popped open. For those used to competing with drivers on busy London roads, […]
A new tyre launched yesterday from Schwalbe with a focus on London. The tyre has been released as a celebration of the London Olympics and the city’s ever increasing love of cycling. As you can see from the picture, I’ve been testing out the Schwalbe Durano Plus ‘London’ tyre (25C) and approve of the reflective […]
On Saturday the 28th of April, thousands of cyclists will converge on the streets of London outside Parliament Square to support streets designed for all. View The Big Ride route in a larger map The ride plan is as follows: At 11am, cyclists will assemble near Marble Arch. At 12pm the ride begins towards Parliament […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- What is your bike made of? 05/12/2013
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- I would cycle but it’s…. 28/11/2013
- Knog Blinder Road Light review 25/11/2013
- Endura Gridlock II Women’s Waterproof Jacket review 21/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- michael gill: I'm not convinced by flashing lights. Your light ...
- tiffany & co outlet: My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a ...
- CycleMiles: Some great suggestions London Cyclist. The Team Sk...
- Mik: > I read once that there is no such thing as ba...
- Shantell: To take the most Alli weight loss pill, combine it...
- Andreas: Yep, have a quick look on Google Play or Amazon st...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets