Peruvian Wharf in London’s Docklands is not normally known as a busy place at 6am, but last Saturday things were different. There was a tangible buzz of excitement and anticipation in the air as over 1000 riders gathered in this piece of ex-industrial wasteland. The reason for this gathering? This was the start of the […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
The charms of London always reveal themselves as you pedal around on two wheels. Slowing down the pace isn’t easy for Londoners, but in a hectic life it can be very rewarding. What better way to explore than with a camera strapped to your back or in your saddle bag to capture the scenery. Here […]
Bicycle collectives not only provide a sense of community to cyclists, but they are also a go-to place for repairs, safety workshops, bicycle repair classes and even used cycle sales. Whether you are a new cyclists or simply looking to become more immersed in the bicycle community, London’s bicycle collectives are the place to start. […]
We all ride for a variety of reasons; for exercise, for fun or for the glory of besting another cyclist in a hard fought race. But a few times a year, cyclists get together for a totally selfless reason. Charity. At London Cyclist we are big proponents of strapping on your gear for a good […]
Whether you’re a recreational cyclist or a hard-core Fred, you probably like to attend events with fellow cyclists. I’m not just talking about going to the pub with your mates; I’m talking actual events for cyclists. Why would you want to? There’s about a million reasons. From acting on the opportunity to cycle naked to […]
Following the release of Boris Johnson’s plans for the future of cycling in London, Jack Rich takes a bike ride through London in 2026… Leaving the house in the morning, I throw on my coat and scarf and slurp the last of my coffee. Out on the road, my bike computer tells me I’ve allowed […]
In Hackney there are now more bicycle commuters than car commuters. It’s little wonder then, that London Mayor Boris Johnson has recently doubled up on his commitment to create a London fit for cycling. The widely reported headline figure from the recent announcement is £1 billion for cycling over the next 10 years. That’s an […]
Boris Johnson today unveiled inspiring new plans to transform the way Londoners get around. It will see the bicycle moved from the bottom of the pecking order, to take prime position. The full Vision for Cycling can be read here but these are the highlights: A cycling corridor from West London all the way to […]
The Deloitte Ride Across Britain has become one of the biggest bike challenges in the UK. Cyclists can either complete a section of the route, or they can ride the entire 960 miles. It’s a chance to discover the UK from two wheels along a meticulously researched route, with the support of Threshold Sport. The […]
Last week, cycle campaigners up and down the UK, choked on their morning cup of coffee, in sheer shock, as TfL revealed their plans for extending Cycle Superhighway 2. The plans provide a glimpse in to the future of cycling in London. A future that cycle campaigners have been screaming for. It has to be […]
Just don’t tell these guys central London may become a 20mph zone. The City of London has just approved an investigation in to the benefits of applying a 20mph speed limit across the whole of the Square Mile. This follows similar moves by Islington council and Camden council. The idea is that the lower speed […]
Last weekend I visited Copenhagen. I fully expected to return full of gushing praise and write up a post on how Copenhagen is the most brilliant place ever created. Then, I could fill it with great pictures of fashionable cyclists riding around the city. Indeed, there we many things that amazed me. For a start, […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- texas pneumatic air movers: Moreover, the boat maker is amongst the most diver...
- Lauren: I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probabl...
- Celebrity dress up laura Marano: While being fashionable, several brides prefer a f...
- dunnage do box elder bugs bite: Trade transmission oil just about every 500 hours ...
- filthyfranchise27.jimdo.com: Hey there are using Wordpress for your blog platfo...
- Barney: No advice I'm afraid, but I'm curious to know wh...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now