Bib shorts are not necessarily just the attire of Tour de France riders, they’ve become more popular among commuters, tourers and road cyclists. The DHB brand is sold exclusively by Wiggle, and we regularly review their products as they tend to be of a strong standard and at the same time remaining affordable. What’s the point? […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
Riding to work is a pleasure in the summer – but as the sun starts to show its face more often, making its presence known a little more forcefully, commutes can get a little sweaty. The backpack is a popular approach to carrying kit on a commute, but for those who ride to work in […]
Fly6 was created with the ambition of ensuring drivers know that they are being watched and recorded – in the hope that this would cause them to act responsibly. And of course, in the event they don’t, they are on camera. The practice of riding with a camera on the helmet or handlebars has become […]
Merino jerseys are much talked about amongst cyclists and for good reason – they are great at keeping you warm and great for keeping you cool, too. They’re also very comfortable, lightweight and versatile. The Vulpine Merino Button Jersey is a jersey that all of these points certainly apply to. Vulpine has become a brand that […]
You have three primary points of contact with your bike – your saddle, handlebard and pedals. We looked at saddles and handlebars recently, so pedals are next up under the London Cyclist microscope. An obviously very necessary component of the bike, many higher end rigs will come without pedals, specifically because the choice is very […]
Have you ever wondered why cyclists sometimes choose to wear a jersey? These guys at the top is an extreme example, but jerseys come in all sorts of styles. From Vulpine’s subtle colours, to team jerseys. Here’s a look at why some cyclists choose them. Materials Firstly, cycling jerseys are designed for sweating in. Even […]
Helmet cams are an increasingly popular cycling accessory. Recording your rides gives you the ability to edit, chop and create great films so you can show friends and family what you’ve been up to – and it also gives you ammunition should you have to prove your version of events in the case of a […]
The sun is shining, and the weather is sweet… temperatures are gradually rising, and they will continue to do so. Winter commuting is full of mudguards, kit to stop you losing all the feeling in your fingers – summer riding is generally simpler, here’s a handful of tips to keep in mind. Panniers, not backpacks […]
There is no shortage of great innovations on their way over to cycling commuters everywhere, as inventors rush to create new products that solve problems cyclists face on a daily basis. From the bike bell, to the bike light – nothing is safe from being ripped apart and reimagined. We feature many of these new […]
A new bike can of course feel amazing, but actually, sometimes just the addition of a little accessory you never knew existed can spruce up your existing bike, or make a difference to your journey. Take a look at these weird and wonderful suggestions, and please add your own in the comments! Folding pedals Have […]
Buying a saddle is a very personal affair, the compatibility of the body and saddle can make or break a ride, and can even make or break a rider. Many potential cyclists have been put off by a few early rides on a saddle that didn’t agree, quickly abandoning the bike based on its one […]
With maturity, usually comes knowledge – and Lucas should have that it spades, having been trading since 1872. The company has its roots in Birmingham, where the HQ is still based, and they started out creating ship’s lamps, and eventually the “King of the Road” cycle lamp, designed to be used on a Penny Farthing. […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- The best places in London to buy a singlespeed 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- darren trotman: Тhis text іs worth everyone's attention. How ca...
- weight loss prescription Hcg: Metabolic syndrome is a combination of high blood ...
- geoff: Hi John, a useful message and something of a wake-...
- Sylvester: If you decide you approve our comment, I will deli...
- จักรยานปั่นออกกำลังกาย: With havin so much written content do you ever r...
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpd1ahqxcqw: Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists