London’s bike shops have come together to offer London Cyclist readers discounts on popular items. This is part of continuing partnership with Pocket High Street aiming to bring you more from London’s independent bike shops. The items here are click and collect. You order through Pocket High Street and then ride to the store to collect. Alternatively, […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
Winter riding: shivers and wet weather gear and ‘how to keep your bike in good condition’ – sometimes it all gets a bit drab and shiny new bar tape is a fantastic way to bring some brightness to your riding. It’s super easy to replace your bar tape – here’s how, and a few suggestions […]
If this year you’ve got someone on your office secret santa list who happens to be a cyclist, here are some of our top recommendations from £10 to £40. Haggerston leather d-lock holster – £30 D-locks are very often considered the safest form of lock, but they can be a pain to lug around. To combat the […]
We’re into December, the icy mornings are beginning to creep in, and sadly they’ll probably continue for a few months yet. Smugly riding past your neighbours as they scrape the ice from their windscreens (ok, actually on days I have swim training in the morning, that’s me, too..) is great fun, of course, but it […]
Cycling in the dark can be perfectly safe, as long as you ensure that you make it easy for other road users to see you. The Highway code states that all cyclists must have a white front, and red rear light fitted to their bike before dawn and after dusk. It also states that you […]
Mr No Battery Life asks: I wonder if in your editorial you might be able to do some surveying of mobile phone peripherals? I have been using MapMyRide to plot my routes, but my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) runs out of battery before I finish, even on a 30 miler. So might you do something […]
Temperatures dropped this week, and whilst riding past drivers de-icing their cars is always a bit of a giggle, frozen fingers are less enjoyable. Cold fingers aren’t just unpleasant, they impede your ability to brake, change gear, and they’re not great for your concentration, either. However, with the right gloves, you really can make numb […]
At London Cyclist we love to receive your requests for topics to be featured – and when we covered casual commuter shoes for women, on request, we were soon flooded with requests for a mens equivalent. Riding clipped in allows you to utilize more of your muscle with every pedal stroke, waste less energy, and […]
The wet weather has arrived and unfortunately it will probably continue to rear it’s ugly head repeatedly for the next couple of months. Heavy rain means that debris is washed onto road surfaces, so even when the surfaces have dried out, there are more puncture risks on the tarmac. Not only that, but of course […]
No one wants to return to their pride and joy to find it missing, but unfortunately bike theft is all too common. When picking a bike lock, you want to go for one that promises to be sturdy, but is not so heavy or cumbersome that you’re more likely to take one look at it […]
This week we had an email from a female reader desperately searching for smart looking clipless pedal friendly shoes for women. Search as she might, our reader hadn’t found any women’s specific shoes that clipped in, but could pass as everyday wear off the bike. Task in hand, we set off in search of an […]
I hate shopping for trousers. It’s one of those items that you’ll wear all the time and will last for years, which makes it feel like it’s a big decision. As I hate shopping for them, I end up wearing my old trousers so much that eventually they get a hole in them. That’s what happened with […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 common bike maintenance mistakes to avoid 29/01/2015
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- lapsa: I was told that it is better to lube chain by indi...
- Rick Gregory: Good article as usual Michelle. However under 3. -...
- Alan Moore: Did anyone see this on Dragons Den? The owner hope...
- Fran: I think this vest is pure genius!! my daughter is ...
- Graeme: Actually rather amusing to see Andy's initial com...
- Phil: I remember riding a Strida back in 1990; very unst...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets