We cyclists do, of course, love our bikes – and there is absolutely no way we want to store them outside unless there is literally no other option. Unless you’ve craftily positioned yourself in a home with other cyclists, housemates, family and spouses can sometimes find this desire to keep the bike inside confusing and […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
I’ll admit, I’m a bit greedy in the bike department (but not as greedy as some people I know!) – I’ve got more than 3, and less than 5. However, I recently found myself wondering: if I could have just one bike, what would it be? Here’s a look at the distinguishing features of the most […]
What, you still do your own laundry? You fire up the washing machine, throw in the colours separately, add the powder and then put it in the drier when it’s done? Then you manually fold it? That’s so old school! After all, this is the 21st century that we live in and there’s an app […]
Every hardy commuter needs a good backpack – that trusted pack that’s got your back on every commute can become a familiar friend on your daily rides – but it has to be reliable, long lasting and comfortable to receive ‘commuting essential’ status. Here’s a look at 3 of the best we’ve found over the […]
What you wear to ride in the summer matters – you don’t want to be sweaty, and you want good shorts – but over winter, kit can make or break your ride. I’ve got plenty of jackets that I think are ‘ok’, and tights that ‘do the job’, but when it comes to a long, […]
London’s bike shops have come together to offer London Cyclist readers discounts on popular items. This is part of continuing partnership with Pocket High Street aiming to bring you more from London’s independent bike shops. The items here are click and collect. You order through Pocket High Street and then ride to the store to collect. Alternatively, […]
Winter riding: shivers and wet weather gear and ‘how to keep your bike in good condition’ – sometimes it all gets a bit drab and shiny new bar tape is a fantastic way to bring some brightness to your riding. It’s super easy to replace your bar tape – here’s how, and a few suggestions […]
If this year you’ve got someone on your office secret santa list who happens to be a cyclist, here are some of our top recommendations from £10 to £40. Haggerston leather d-lock holster – £30 D-locks are very often considered the safest form of lock, but they can be a pain to lug around. To combat the […]
We’re into December, the icy mornings are beginning to creep in, and sadly they’ll probably continue for a few months yet. Smugly riding past your neighbours as they scrape the ice from their windscreens (ok, actually on days I have swim training in the morning, that’s me, too..) is great fun, of course, but it […]
Cycling in the dark can be perfectly safe, as long as you ensure that you make it easy for other road users to see you. The Highway code states that all cyclists must have a white front, and red rear light fitted to their bike before dawn and after dusk. It also states that you […]
Mr No Battery Life asks: I wonder if in your editorial you might be able to do some surveying of mobile phone peripherals? I have been using MapMyRide to plot my routes, but my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) runs out of battery before I finish, even on a 30 miler. So might you do something […]
Temperatures dropped this week, and whilst riding past drivers de-icing their cars is always a bit of a giggle, frozen fingers are less enjoyable. Cold fingers aren’t just unpleasant, they impede your ability to brake, change gear, and they’re not great for your concentration, either. However, with the right gloves, you really can make numb […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 3 odd changes to make your next bike ride safer than the last 05/03/2015
- Top 10 European Cycling Destinations 24/02/2015
- 5 of the best bike storage options 24/02/2015
- Build your dream bike step-by-step with the BYOB workshop 23/02/2015
- What’s the most versatile style of bike? 20/02/2015
- Laundrapp review – laundry for busy people 17/02/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[ Oops!...I just noticed this thread is reall...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[ PAUL----spot on, squire! Walkways are for ...
- Paul: Cyclists have a responsibility to be lawful like a...
- andrewinuk: so...... how did the wisp end up? and do you still...
- ed: its called 'native advertising' Phil, A vast chu...
- Andreas: Cheers Phil - Though to be clear, there was no exc...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now