London’s bike shops have come together to offer London Cyclist readers discounts on popular items. This is part of continuing partnership with Pocket High Street aiming to bring you more from London’s independent bike shops. The items here are click and collect. You order through Pocket High Street and then ride to the store to collect. Alternatively, […]
Author Archive | Andreas
As we wrap things up for 2014 here at London Cyclist HQ and get ready for mince pies and long naps in-front of Christmas TV, we’d like to take a look back at our 5 most popular articles in 2014. Using GPS Cycle Routes on your Android or iPhone Our in-depth guide to GPS on Android and […]
Good news and bad news off TfL this Christmas. Which would you like to hear first? The good news is hundreds of new docking points are planned for 2015, as the scheme continues to successfully expand. In particular, Putney Pier, Vauxhall and Tower Bridge will see new stations, as will Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. A […]
Readers always ask us to do more to feature local bike shops. It’s the reason we launched the free London Cyclist app to showcase some of London’s best bike shops. Today, we’re launching a new useful tool for London cyclists in collaboration with Pocket High Street. Using the orange search box on the right hand side of […]
Sign your business up to Zero Emissions Network and get a £1000 grant to help encourage sustainable travel
Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets councils have teamed up to create the Zero Emissions Network, a project aiming to reduce air pollution across the city fringe. They are aiming to help businesses operate cheaper, cleaner and greener. Aside from bespoke advice for local businesses they also provide the following benefits for anyone who signs up for free: Free […]
Mr No Battery Life asks: I wonder if in your editorial you might be able to do some surveying of mobile phone peripherals? I have been using MapMyRide to plot my routes, but my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) runs out of battery before I finish, even on a 30 miler. So might you do something […]
In Spanish: ““¡Mi desviador esta roto!” In Swedish: “Min växelförare är trasig!” Now you know how to say my derailleur is broken in two more languages! Just don’t ask me how to pronounce the Swedish version… Our bike maintenance guide for iPhone and iPad now has two more languages. If your settings are in either […]
I’m sure many fellow cyclists can relate. 1. Avoid maintenance, until the brakes barely work I was having a chat with a friend of mine recently who runs a bike shop in London. Someone came in to the shop with £200 worth of repairs to their bike that needed doing. They decided they would leave it until after Christmas and […]
Let’s say I: Own a £1000 bike Plus £150 worth of bike accessories – my lock, lights, mudguard etc. I tend to leave my bike in my house and at work in a secure garage. Once a week I leave my bike overnight in London, when I go out for after work drinks (Around 14 hours) I have a […]
Registration for a place in the 2015 London Revolution has just opened. If you’ve been following London Cyclist for a while, you’ll know this is one of our favourite rides. I rode it in 2012, Sam, one of our contributors, rode it in 2013 and I’m sure I’ll be taking part again in the near future. […]
I hate shopping for trousers. It’s one of those items that you’ll wear all the time and will last for years, which makes it feel like it’s a big decision. As I hate shopping for them, I end up wearing my old trousers so much that eventually they get a hole in them. That’s what happened with […]
“The Swiss Army Knife of bike shops” is how I summarised MiCycle in 2010 after being thoroughly impressed by all the services offered. Since then, they’ve expanded from one store in Islington, to another in Stroud Green and now a new store is opening in Hackney. MiCycle is a summary of how I like my […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- Sticking to resolutions: Taking up cycling, or cycling more in 2015 30/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alan Moore: Did anyone see this on Dragons Den? The owner hope...
- Fran: I think this vest is pure genius!! my daughter is ...
- Graeme: Actually rather amusing to see Andy's initial com...
- Phil: I remember riding a Strida back in 1990; very unst...
- Mike: As a car driver I am always considerate to all oth...
- Andy: A very short wheelbase with very narrow bars, sadd...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets