Mudguards. Those things that the cyclists in front of you never seem to have when it’s raining. If you’ve cycled for long enough you’ll no doubt be aware of all the gunk on the road that you always tell yourself you should one day clean off your bike. Fortunately, a good set of mudguards goes […]
Author Archive | Andreas
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Even then, will the weather do the same thing all day? Of course not! Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When […]
On several occasions I distinctly remember scrounging a carrier bag to put inside my backpack in a last ditched effort to keep my laptop dry. In all honesty, it worked, but it’s by no means the easiest, least stressful situation to deal with. These days I’ve got something far better suited for the job. Here’s how I […]
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
Here’s our 2016 guide to GPS devices for cyclists. The two main goals of a cycling GPS devices is to be able to track your cycling and to provide turn by turn directions. As with all technology, there are little variations in what each unit will do and record. Therefore, when choosing a GPS, thinking about […]
We have covered the best lights for commuting in our updated bike lights definitive guide, but sometimes being visible on the road isn’t just about one front and rear light, but rather other things to make you visible, and also where and how you cycle. You don’t have to use brightly coloured reflective clothing that screams […]
When picking bike lights there’s more choice than walking into a card shop to buy the perfect Christmas card. How on earth do you choose one that is suitable for you? How much should you spend on a bike light? Which ones are actually any good?
The stealth electric bike At first glance, you can’t tell that the Coboc is an electric bike. The battery is hidden in the frame. There are no buttons to increase or decrease the electric motor support. The charging plug is subtly placed beneath the top tube, as is a button to switch on the power. Once on, the battery […]
I was hesitant when I first plugged in the Knog Blinder to the mains and charged it up. I’ve owned a few USB bike lights and always found them to be great in theory – but not in practice. The problem I have had in the past with USB lights is that the charge doesn’t […]
We love our bikes. Many of us spend hours every day on them commuting to and from work. When we leave this prized possession somewhere we want to know it will still be there when we get back. This guide will take you through what to look for in a good bike lock and which […]
A small company in London have been providing a unique take on fresh drinks using custom UK built California Cruiser bikes that convert pedal power to high speed blending. These green machines are available to hire for events and will crush ice, blend healthy smoothies or mix up delicious cocktails. In addition to the bikes […]
Guest post by Sylvia Gauthereau The first time I rode a bicycle on a proper road was liberating – finally I was doing something that only grown up, or bigger kids did. I remember the wind on my face and through my hair, the excitement of riding faster, the fast passing landscape, the country lanes and the […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- katharine: This is a useful article. I agree with the comment...
- Dr C.: This happened to both pockets on my C bag (now 6 y...
- MJ Ray: Are any of them saddle-shaped? Can you post side-o...
- Michael: Can you all just afford one bike? I've got a ...
- Michael: haha brilliant comment! I've got a few bikes ...
- Andy: One London bike shop that I am impressed with is t...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets