I sat down on a sunny day in Lord’s Tavern with Alex Schlagman, co-founder of Pocket High Street and owner of this very orange bicycle. His London based startup has created an app that allows cyclists to type in an item they’re looking for and then get prices in London’s bike shops. They can then buy the item […]
Author Archive | Andreas
I don’t know if you know this, but on London Cyclist we’ve got a bit of thing for chatting about smartphones and bikes: iPhone apps for cyclists Using GPS on your Android or iPhone Tigra iPhone 5 bike mount Cycling apps for Android Up until very recently, we even sold iPhone bike mounts in our eShop. […]
From the 25th to the 28th of September, the world’s UK’s bicycle press along with keen cyclists descend upon the NEC in Birmingham for the year’s Cycle Show. What is it? Should you go? Where do you stay? What are the highlights? What should I take? What day should I go? All good questions! Let’s answer them… […]
Whilst we all go to sleep at night dreaming of better cycling infrastructure in London, until that day comes, it’s worth recognising the dangers and how we can avoid them. I was luckily enough to receive a GoPro action camera from Argos to go around London, find danger and film it. The result is the video below, which if you enjoy, […]
Running London Cyclist I regularly hear stories of cyclists who’ve been hit by drivers who’ve been turning left, or who’ve come out of a junction without looking or any one of one of tens of other scenarios. I decided to interview one such cyclist to hear about what he did next. 1. Can you please describe the […]
A new friend recently sent me a message: “Hey Andreas – you run London Cyclist right? Can you recommend me a road bike for under £1000?” It’s a good question. There is a dazzling amount of choice available. The £999.99 price point is particularly competitive, as it qualifies under the governments cycle-to-work scheme. If you have that kind […]
A week doesn’t go by without someone contacting me to promote their bike related Kickstarter. Where I can, I oblige. An area that really excites me, is bike locks. I’d like to be able to: Unlock my bike with my phone Receive an alert if someone tampers with my lock Share my bike with my friends, without having to […]
How would you feel if you never had to use a key again when you unlocked your bike? That’s the dream behind the light, sexy, flexible, soft to the touch; Knog Party Combo bike lock. Knog were kind enough to send one to London Cyclist HQ for a review, so we’ve put it through its paces. […]
You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
For a gallon of petrol (3.785411784 litres – give or take) in Austin, Texas you pay £1.96. In the UK, we would pay £4.96. With such bargain fuel prices, why ride a bike or walk? For me the answer was two-fold: Necessity and a love of cycling. I was in Austin, Texas for a couple […]
Top tips for keeping your bike clean by Arragon’s Cycle Centre’s Head Mechanic, Phil Graham. Bike Week, which this year is June 14-22, identified that almost half of people with a bike can’t enjoy a ride this summer, as their bike is in too bad shape. Fortunately, Dr Bikes will be attending many of the events to help the […]
The pictures from this year’s MITIE London Revolution are stunning! Looking at the them makes me want to go out and ride my bike on these beautiful roads. The 2014 event was completely sold out, with 2,000 riders attending. Early list entry in to the 2015 event is now open here. The London Revolution has […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- Guide to the Cycle Show 2014 15/08/2014
- 5 of the greatest dangers facing cyclists in London 12/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Michael Mazur: You can find it at: http://www.twowheelgear.com...
- Andreas: Hahaha a typo I believe, but I'll leave it in the...
- Robert Mayers: I am going through the same process as you, Paresh...
- Alex: Thanks Andreas. We now have 40,000 products on off...
- Seb: In Copenhagen, DK, the city council have done a lo...
- George: Reading your article "What to do for your bike to...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now