What’s the biggest challenge you’ve ever faced for charity? A group of plucky cyclists has managed to raise just over £34k for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research charity by completing a stage of the Tour de France route, to celebrate 100 years of the world’s most famous cycling event. From the group of 35 an […]
Archive | August, 2013
Have you ever had a bike stolen? I have and I’m sure most London Cyclist readers will have as well. Cycle in London for long enough and it’s an unfortunate probability, that you will one day be a victim of bike theft. That’s why I highly recommend bicycle insurance. Cyclists don’t help their probabilities however […]
If you only listened to health news lately you’d think the entire western world is overweight and ill-prepared to do anything about it. But despite what the reports say about the number of obese people and those who lead mostly sedentary lives, plenty of people are out there being active. In fact there has been […]
Today, I’m sharing a route from our 35 London Cycle Routes eBook. If you’ve not got yourself a copy, I recommend it! The eBook is still only £9.95. During this ride, if the views don’t take your breath away, then the cycle route certainly will. Tackle London’s hills and you’re in for a reward as […]
Commuting in 30 degrees plus heat has, for the most part, been a pleasure – especially given how long and cold winter was, and particularly, as colleagues have been complaining about the tube being hotter than the legal maximum temperature in which you are allowed to transport cattle. But a downside is the fact that, […]
The beach is the one thing our wonderful city is missing. Or is it? Whilst not exactly comparable to a Greek island, there are actually a number of sandy beaches in London you can pedal to. They make for a perfect day out with family or friends. You’ll need to get exploring these spots now […]
The best advice I’ve ever received as a cyclist? Go on a cycle training course! Despite being a confident cyclist, a friend of mine, LCC trustee David Love, convinced me I should go. I did, and it completely changed the way I cycle. After I’d been on the course I noticed dangerous situations I was putting […]
It’s my birthday! To celebrate, I’d like to give you a sneak preview of a new app I’ve been working on for London’s cyclists. Update! The app is now available here: http://bit.ly/ldncyclistapp I know you’re going to love it but I need your help to make it a reality. Read on! The app will list all […]
Summertime madness is here and of course it is the perfect time to see London by bike. Here is a roundup of some fun summer cycling accessories for you. Wine bottle holder for your bicycle Who wouldn’t want this wine bottle holder? It suggests elegance, fun and a willingness to get a little bit tipsy […]
Today, I’ve written to my Member of Parliament, Karen Buck. On the 2nd of September 2013, from 7pm to 10pm, there will be a parliamentary debate on cycling, based on the “Get Britain Cycling” report by the Parliamentary Cycling Group. I’ve written to her asking to attend and explaining why I think it’s important. If […]
For cycling enthusiasts, there is nothing like riding on the open road and witnessing magnificent sights as you ride across the country. Fortunately, there are many incredible cycling trails around the world that offer scenic wonders as well as a great means of exercise. You’ll want to be sure that you are fully prepared by […]
I’m currently visiting Medellin in Colombia and I can’t help but think what a joy it would be to rent a nice bike for a day and explore the hills and nooks and crannies of this beautiful city. Currently, I have to rely on local bike shops that often rent out clunky, badly maintained bikes. […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 accessories for a summer of cycling 25/06/2015
- What it’s like to get knocked off your bike 22/06/2015
- Traffic-free Sundays on Regent Street in July 18/06/2015
- What it’s like to race Bradley Wiggins 09/06/2015
- Flag Bikes along CS8 offers up repairs, coffee and lifetime servicing 02/06/2015
- Here’s what all cycling tourism websites should look like 31/05/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- the5krunner: some nice routes there eg the grand union. I have ...
- 依人街时尚W: 安徒生童话等50部幼教资源下载地址资...
- the5krunner: me vs bradley :-) I watched the time trial that ki...
- closet system: What's up mates, its enormous post concerning tut...
- Unhappy Laundrapp Customer: Not sure I agree that there wasn't any special tr...
- QED: Nice article but I disagree about conversations. ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now