The 2013 Deloitte Ride Across Britain Since I’ve been back, I’ve been trying to write up my experiences from my recently completed Ride Across Britain. I started to write a daily diary type article, but quickly decided to abandon it – after all there’s only so many ways I could write – “Got Up early, […]
Archive | June, 2013
Is it possible to stop getting punctures? I would argue that it is. After a spate of 3 punctures in two week, I decided enough was enough. If they can design Cycle Hire Bikes to hardly ever get punctures, then why can’t I do the same with my bike? I made a few tweaks and […]
I want my holidays to provide me with more than a week of lying around, getting sunburnt and eating too much local fare. Don’t get me wrong, that sounds divine, but you can only lounge around so much in a given week. Naturally, when Big Friday emailed me about their Cycle Surfari holidays, I was […]
To celebrate the launch of our very own Bike Doctor iPad app, I wanted to do a roundup of some of the excellent apps available to cyclists on their iPads. Bike apps on the iPad are primarily dominated by mapping apps, cycling magazines and a seemingly infinite supply of games! Bike Doctor 2.0 Our app! […]
Squeaky brakes, slow changing gears and punctures – we’ve all experienced problems with our bikes at some stage. When these things happen we have a few options. We could take it to the local bike shop, we can try to ignore the problem and hope it goes away or we can fix it ourselves. Bike […]
Cyclists like connecting with fellow cyclists, whether it’s at cycling events, through bike clubs or on online forums. I’ve picked out a list of the best cycling forums here that I’ve found. Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments. CTC Forum http://forum.ctc.org.uk/ This is a great, laid-back forum that beginner cyclists will find […]
London: a city of worldwide fame, with culture, history and a million and one things to see. Yet, while the city’s skyline becomes increasingly modern with the Shard and soon the Walkie-Talkie too, the streets below are getting left behind. There are many reasons why people say cycling in London isn’t fun, and today I’m […]
Merino wicks moisture from your skin, keeps your body at a good temperature and stops you from smelling bad after a long bike bike. It’s no wonder that it is such a buzzword amongst cyclists and it is a popular fabric choice in high end cycling clothing brands. What is there to love about Merino? […]
Westminster council recently announced they were considering handing out bicycle bells to keep cyclists safe. This is a fairly laughable solution to the problem that highlights how Westminster isn’t prepared to take serious action on safe cycling by re-considering the way we design our roads. Bicycle bells come with all new bike purchases by law. Yet, […]
Love it or hate it – there’s no doubting modern technology is having a big impact on cycling. The next big thing is wearable technology. In that particular category, it is Google Glass that is turning the most heads. What is Google Glass? The video above of Sergei Brin offers perhaps the most enticing explanation. […]
Stay informed, with this hand picked selection of London’s best cycling blogs. From the serious to the hilarious, this is required reading for London’s cyclists.
“Oh you cycled here?” There’s always a look of surprise on people’s faces when you tell them you choose to use your bike to get from A to B.
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 novelty jerseys for your cycling wardrobe 01/09/2014
- Mountain biking in Devon’s Haldon Forest 01/09/2014
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Marcus: It's not that simple as parts from different grou...
- Marcus: Evans sounds expensive, I'm looking at a brand ne...
- Marcus: I had a Halfords Apollo for £65, lasted 8 and a h...
- real estate,rockdale, brighton-le-sands, bexley, monterey, sans souci, dolls point, kogarah, real estate, real estate listings,licensed real estate agent, real estate services,century 21 real estate, michael kalinovski, Century 21 Bayview, L J Hooker Brig: You are already aware therefore significantly in t...
- Paul Draper: Max, people are already making cyclists lives diff...
- Max: Cyclists are a plague in London. Law breaking and ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now