Cycle to work day is just next week – Thursday September 3rd– and we have teamed up with Chain Reaction Cycles to offer some suggestions for how you can: a) Get your bike in shape b) Keep your bike in shape Primarily you want to make sure that your bike is road worthy and is going to survive […]
It may seem like all I blog about is bags, but I will eventually prove to you that that is not the case. However, the bags have been stacking up at London Cyclist HQ so we thought we would have a blitz. This is more of a roundup post than a review. For all you current […]
Free hire this weekend, August 22nd and 23rd It is time for a celebration of the Boris bike which has been roaming the streets of London for 5 years now. As a sort of reverse birthday present, Tfl and Santander are giving you free hire this weekend, Aug 22nd and 23rd, 2015. Huzzah! First however, […]
Classy commuter bags – part 2 The second bag review offering this week is a rucksack for those who prefer 2 straps on their bag but still want class. If you are more of a one-strap-porter check out part 1, our Trakke Wee Lug review. Brooks Pickwick, £205/€250 Brooks offer quite a range of luggage for […]
Classy commuter bags – part 1. This week we are adding to our reviews of classy commuting bags, here is the first, the second will be out at the end of the week. Enjoy! Trakke Wee Lug messenger bag – £240 Trakke are a small company located in Glasgow, specialising in classy messenger bags and backpacks, […]
….or any bike really! As I mentioned in my introductory post, I recently became the proud owner of a shiny new touring bike. My main city bike is my 2 speed Brompton which is fine for most of the terrain and distance I cover on a regular basis. However, I sometimes want to cycle further […]
This is Knog’s high security offering, making it the most suitable product the company produces for London cyclists. The lock has a Gold rating from Sold Secure and is ART three star certified. Further, Knog has its own rating system, classing the Strongman as worthy of ’90-ghetto’ level security, only the second from the top, […]
In 2007, I started London Cyclist after getting frustrated at how the only articles I could find online were focused on high end cycling. I felt excluded from a tribe and that there wasn’t something out there for an everyday commuter like myself. It seems others shared my frustration and London Cyclist quickly grew in […]
Unwrapping the Velosock and holding it in your hands feels like you are holding on to a giants brightly coloured boxers. Getting it on the bike is a little fiddly, but not difficult. You’d probably be better off doing it outside your home, because the process is likely to displace some of the dirt you are looking […]
Guest post by Pete Reynolds from Discerning Cyclist Just because it’s getting a bit warmer in the summer months, there’s no reason to sacrifice on style when you’re out and about on your bike. There’s plenty of quality cycling clothes out there that combine both great cycling functionality and style. The kind of gear that […]
With long summery days ahead of us, here are 5 accessories we love and recommend at London Cyclist. Smartphone bike mount Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, whatever your poison, you can mount it to your handlebars to follow directions and use as a bike computer. With summer here, it’s the perfect time to ditch the sweaty underground […]
Andreas: This is a story from a London Cyclist reader. If you’d like to share your story, please use the contact page. I didn’t quite make it to work this morning. Half way there, I was knocked off my bike yards from where a fatal cycling accident took place last month. After the shock, I didn’t […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- How to choose a long distance commuting bike…. 13/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Longchamp Pinkower: This is my first visit to this blog. I am thinking...
- Vincent: > Chains need TLC too, and depending on the con...
- Vincent: There's an even bigger alternative to the T-Bag, ...
- Riccardo: Read my answer below...
- Riccardo: Hi there. This backpack is great for grocery, But ...
- Fern: I have been using the Cbag for a few years and it ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets