Stolen Ride recently interviewed a reformed bike thief about his old trade in Cycling Weekly. It makes for some scary but not unprecedented reading. We thought it would be useful to pull together some new and old tips for securing your bike that will give you the best chance of returning to it intact at the end […]
What’s so special about this part of Italy? We take a look at the top 5 places to cycle with the help of cycling holiday specialist, The Mid Life Cyclist who run regular tours in the area for groups, self guided and bespoke holidays. Madonna del Ghisallo Most visitors arrive at this charming chapel on two […]
We’ve gone from East to West, North to South and finally it’s time for central London! Our choices are all independent bike shops that we know and love. As always, we encourage contributions in our comments – please share your favourite choices to help fellow cyclists! Soho Bikes 26 Berwick Street, Soho W1F 8RG Tel: 0207 439 9577 […]
Summer is a wonderful time to cycle around the city. It is also a great time to check out some excellent cycling and bike-based events. Luckily, as Londoners we are spoilt for choice. Here is but a selection, as always please contribute your own suggestions in the comments (sharing is caring!). London Revolution May 14-15th […]
Completing our local bike shop themed tour of the compass points, this week we go West. Next week we will finish up by going into the centre. West London is a somewhat strange and unfamiliar land to me, I admit to not having spent much time there. I am definitely a North East dweller, although there […]
Minivelos are not common bikes and you don’t often see them on the streets of London, which is a shame. I am a fan of small wheeled bikes, I love my Brompton and it’s acceleration. A minivelo benefits from fast acceleration but has a larger frame, making it a little more stable. The smaller footprint, thanks to […]
Hybrid bikes are a great choice for commuting and general cycling – you get most of the speed and weight benefits of a road bike, with the riding comfort of a city bike. They are great bikes for commuting and leisure riding, as well as light touring and off-roading. We have often suggested that they make […]
We are looking due South this week, rounding up 5 of our favourite bike shops in South London. As usual, there are many more great bike shops out there, but here are 5 we, and others, especially like. Seabass Cycles 62 Camberwell Church Street, SE5 8QZ Tel. 020 7703 3470 Unit 2A.2, Copeland Business Park, SE15 3SN […]
We gave you an overview of what to look for in a saddle last week. We also said how hard it was to recommend a specific saddle to people. That said, some ranges have quite a few different shapes. One such range is the Cosine saddles – Wiggle’s own brand. They were kind enough to send […]
Punctures suck. Regardless of how good you are at changing a tube, they still get in the way. They invariably seem to happen to me when it is raining, which just makes the experience so much worse. An added complication is that I have pit-lock locking skewers on my bike so I don’t have to […]
Last week we brought you a selection of our 5 favourite bike shops in North London. This week we are working our way around the compass and come to East London. East London has a lot of cyclists – it’s a great place to ride a bike and has loads of lovely canals, parks and […]
Saddles are a tricky item to buy. What’s great for me, won’t necessarily be the best saddle for you. Simply put, our butts are different (probably). That said, it gets pretty hard and expensive to keep trying saddle after saddle at random until you find your dream perch. For this article, we decided to reach […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- http://www.alluringcouture.com/: Oh, Kim, she is an absolute doll. You got some wo...
- Greg Lawson: I used SendBike.com a few weeks ago and spoke to w...
- Rosemary: Advice needs spreading around the country as there...
- Barry Hearn: Of course they're not have look on YouTube you'l...
- Dan: Brockley Bikes in Brockey (surprise, surprise) is...
- Tristram: Single speed bike rarely have vertical dropouts. A...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists