We’ve gone from East to West, North to South and finally it’s time for central London! Our choices are all independent bike shops that we know and love. As always, we encourage contributions in our comments – please share your favourite choices to help fellow cyclists! Soho Bikes 26 Berwick Street, Soho W1F 8RG Tel: 0207 439 9577 […]
Summer is a wonderful time to cycle around the city. It is also a great time to check out some excellent cycling and bike-based events. Luckily, as Londoners we are spoilt for choice. Here is but a selection, as always please contribute your own suggestions in the comments (sharing is caring!). London Revolution May 14-15th […]
Completing our local bike shop themed tour of the compass points, this week we go West. Next week we will finish up by going into the centre. West London is a somewhat strange and unfamiliar land to me, I admit to not having spent much time there. I am definitely a North East dweller, although there […]
Happy Friday people, win a bike!! To make the end of your week even sweeter, we have a bike review and a COMPETITION for you! Read our review and find the entry details at the end. Minivelos are not common bikes and you don’t often see them on the streets of London, which is a shame. […]
Hybrid bikes are a great choice for commuting and general cycling – you get most of the speed and weight benefits of a road bike, with the riding comfort of a city bike. They are great bikes for commuting and leisure riding, as well as light touring and off-roading. We have often suggested that they make […]
We are looking due South this week, rounding up 5 of our favourite bike shops in South London. As usual, there are many more great bike shops out there, but here are 5 we, and others, especially like. Seabass Cycles 62 Camberwell Church Street, SE5 8QZ Tel. 020 7703 3470 Unit 2A.2, Copeland Business Park, SE15 3SN […]
We gave you an overview of what to look for in a saddle last week. We also said how hard it was to recommend a specific saddle to people. That said, some ranges have quite a few different shapes. One such range is the Cosine saddles – Wiggle’s own brand. They were kind enough to send […]
Punctures suck. Regardless of how good you are at changing a tube, they still get in the way. They invariably seem to happen to me when it is raining, which just makes the experience so much worse. An added complication is that I have pit-lock locking skewers on my bike so I don’t have to […]
Last week we brought you a selection of our 5 favourite bike shops in North London. This week we are working our way around the compass and come to East London. East London has a lot of cyclists – it’s a great place to ride a bike and has loads of lovely canals, parks and […]
Saddles are a tricky item to buy. What’s great for me, won’t necessarily be the best saddle for you. Simply put, our butts are different (probably). That said, it gets pretty hard and expensive to keep trying saddle after saddle at random until you find your dream perch. For this article, we decided to reach […]
There are so many great little bike shops in London. Some are specialists in a certain type of bike. Others are more focused on maintenance and repair. Most sell a good range of accessories for impromptu upgrades or planned revamps. North London is our stomping ground (with some North-East thrown in recently) and so we […]
It’s official, there’s no commuter who is as happy as the cycle commuter. “I can’t wait to get back on the underground” said nobody around the office water cooler ever. Instead the conversation is typically “Riding my bike in to work is sooooo great, I come in feeling awake and refreshed.” We hear you, at London Cyclist […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review and Competition! 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Rossco: I'm riding for breast cancer care. Good luck to ...
- Rossco: If your in the Putney area then Putney cycles is a...
- Descalzo dave: Dont bother with these tyres,if you live outside l...
- John Anderson: Bicycle Workshop on All Saints Road is an excellen...
- Ben: Another +1 for Fitzrovia Cycles. SBC Cycles is ...
- Helen: Looking for Speedplay pedal servicing.... any sugg...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists