There is a certain romance to the idea of a unplanned, no route, ‘devil may care’ cycling tour through France. Simply stuff a tent into your pannier, a packet of jelly babies and a phrasebook in your pocket, jump on a ferry and head in the general direction of ‘‘that one climb I saw on the Tour on […]
Safe cycling is something we cover extensively on London Cyclist. This post is a collection of some of the most important information, in one place. Motorists share a responsibility with cyclists to create a safe environment, so we’re going to cover both road users here (after all, many of us who cycle, are also drivers). 5 skills you […]
What trickery is this, sun during the night?! This stuff is bright. It is reflective and it is bright. Did I say it was bright? I am not usually one for neon colours (although I happen to think that neon pink actually looks quite good on me). I generally prefer my urban cycling gear to […]
How you cope with life’s major and minor challenges is a mark of character. Or so the common adage goes. The trying cycling events we usually encounter are related to road safety. However, there are a few things that will probably happen to every cycle commuter at least once that we don’t think about until they happen. Here […]
After all the reviews for bags you carry or your Brompton carries, we thought a round up of winter-proof regular panniers was called for. Your chances of a wet commute have increased significantly now it is autumn, as is evidenced by the weather forecast for this week. With this in mind we decided to offer […]
The ‘Mini-Holland’ projects are probably nothing new to many of us London cyclists. Going Dutch is supposed to fix all of our cycling woes and the place where the revolution begins is London. What is very interesting is the variation in the interpretations of what ‘Holland-izing’ London would look like. Each borough (Enfield, Kingston and Waltham Forest) […]
As cyclists in London, we take for granted being able to navigate London on a bike. Although, even after many years of cycling, I still occasionally question my sanity and doubt my ability to get around safely. I’ve learnt to adapt, by avoiding certain roads and using what I learnt on a cycle safety course. You […]
Vulpine have just launched a new website along with new accessories. Among them, is their first ever bag offering. If their clothing range is anything to go by, the bag was something I was eager to get my hands on. Here at London Cyclist, we are big fans of Vulpine kit and we have reviewed their clothing before. Up until […]
I hope you all enjoyed cycling to work yesterday and feel inspired to make cycle commuting a regular part of your day. If you are thinking about cycling to work on a regular basis, there are some basic items that will make your experience a lot better. Once again we have Chain Reaction to give […]
Tfl and the government have implemented a new piece of legislation aimed at keeping cyclists safer on London’s streets. From now on, lorries must use mirrors that decrease the sizes of their blind spots along with side panels that prevent cyclists being dragged under the vehicle. The new measures are a result of the disproportionate number […]
Cycle to work day is just next week – Thursday September 3rd– and we have teamed up with Chain Reaction Cycles to offer some suggestions for how you can: a) Get your bike in shape b) Keep your bike in shape Primarily you want to make sure that your bike is road worthy and is going to survive […]
It may seem like all I blog about is bags, but I will eventually prove to you that that is not the case. However, the bags have been stacking up at London Cyclist HQ so we thought we would have a blitz. This is more of a roundup post than a review. For all you current […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Preparing for your first French cycle tour 04/10/2015
- Complete guide to safe cycling for cyclists and motorists 30/09/2015
- My eyes! New dhb Flashlight jacket and jerseys reviewed 29/09/2015
- How to cope with 3 panic inducing bike commuter experiences 24/09/2015
- 3 pannier options to commute undefeated in the rain 21/09/2015
- A ‘Mini-Holland’ for all? 18/09/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Guildford taxis: Excellent web site you have here.. It's hard to f...
- Andreas: Agreed wholeheartedly!...
- Andreas: Agreed - people are shocked when I share how often...
- Andreas: Language Phil!...
- Andreas: Thanks Chris - I really appreciate the feedback :)...
- Patricia: I use the Respro during the Summer with a high pol...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists