You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
Archive | Cycling tips RSS feed for this section
Top tips for keeping your bike clean by Arragon’s Cycle Centre’s Head Mechanic, Phil Graham. Bike Week, which this year is June 14-22, identified that almost half of people with a bike can’t enjoy a ride this summer, as their bike is in too bad shape. Fortunately, Dr Bikes will be attending many of the events to help the […]
Nobody is perfect, and I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve made my fair share of cycling “faux pas” as I became more enthusiastic about my daily cycle. Maybe this quick list will help you avoid them or perhaps you can chuckle as you identify a couple you’ve made yourself. It’s worth saying that there’s […]
The week before last began with a little sniffle, some sneezing and what felt like a small rodent scratching at the back of my throat. Initially, I assumed allergy, and began upping my doses of antihistamine. I nipped to the chemist for nasal spray and eye drops to supplement my Piriteze, with an optimistic jaunt. […]
If you could had a bicycling 6th sense, or magical power – what would it be? Here are some suggestions, and a few examples where technology has made an attempt at creating them in reality… Eyes in the back of our heads It would be really helpful to know what was going on behind us. For […]
What is it like riding your first sportive? For me personally, I had a load of unanswered questions. I didn’t know whether I should be training, what should I take with me, what to expect, would it be my kind of thing. I ended up turning up unprepared, forgetting my required bicycle helmet and therefore […]
A reader recently got in touch about wrist pain their husband was experiencing whilst riding and she asked if I had any solutions. I jumped on our social media to ask what suggestions you had and there were some great tips from readers on Facebook and on Twitter. Thank you to everyone who took the […]
I invited London Cyclist reader Spencer to share his experience finding a solution to riding with poor eyesight. Judging by previous posts on a similar topic, this is something a number of readers have experienced. My eyesight is so poor not only would it be dangerous to ride without glasses, but it also causes […]
Most of us have cycle around daily with powerful GPS devices in our pockets: our iPhone and Android devices. A few of us even have a Garmin GPS. However, few people have used the GPS functionality beyond basic route planning apps such as Bike Hub and Google Maps. That’s a shame as it can be […]
Training on a bicycle indoors is not everybody’s idea of a good use of time – and I know that some readers out there use their wheels to commute, and so pounding away on a static trainer isn’t going to do the job for them. However, if you’re using your bike for sport, or thinking […]
We’ve all been there: it’s 6am, the alarm goes off – and it’s blowing a gale out there, the rain is hammering down – you just don’t feel like riding your bike. You come up with a few excuses, and convince yourself to find other means of transport. Well – don’t – because here are […]
There are tons of things you can do on two wheels. You can ride long, winding roads, ticking off the hills across the country; you could load up a touring steed like a snail shell and travel from place to place with all your belongings. You could speed down trails, or even pull some stunts […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- Guide to the Cycle Show 2014 15/08/2014
- 5 of the greatest dangers facing cyclists in London 12/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Michael Mazur: You can find it at: http://www.twowheelgear.com...
- Andreas: Hahaha a typo I believe, but I'll leave it in the...
- Robert Mayers: I am going through the same process as you, Paresh...
- Alex: Thanks Andreas. We now have 40,000 products on off...
- Seb: In Copenhagen, DK, the city council have done a lo...
- George: Reading your article "What to do for your bike to...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists