Let’s say I: Own a £1000 bike Plus £150 worth of bike accessories – my lock, lights, mudguard etc. I tend to leave my bike in my house and at work in a secure garage. Once a week I leave my bike overnight in London, when I go out for after work drinks (Around 14 hours) I have a […]
Archive | Cycling tips RSS feed for this section
Fact: riding over the summer months is much easier than keeping up the pedalling momentum past October. However, that doesn’t make it any less rewarding, any less fun or any less convenient. Here are 8 ways to make sure you don’t stop getting out on your bike as the weather turns, and help ensure you enjoy […]
Last week, we provided a list of bang for your buck upgrades that can transform your bike for as little as £5, but if you feel you’d rather get a new bike, than upgrade your old one, you’ve come to the right place with our guide to selling your bike. Bikes generally retain their value […]
You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
Top tips for keeping your bike clean by Arragon’s Cycle Centre’s Head Mechanic, Phil Graham. Bike Week, which this year is June 14-22, identified that almost half of people with a bike can’t enjoy a ride this summer, as their bike is in too bad shape. Fortunately, Dr Bikes will be attending many of the events to help the […]
Nobody is perfect, and I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve made my fair share of cycling “faux pas” as I became more enthusiastic about my daily cycle. Maybe this quick list will help you avoid them or perhaps you can chuckle as you identify a couple you’ve made yourself. It’s worth saying that there’s […]
The week before last began with a little sniffle, some sneezing and what felt like a small rodent scratching at the back of my throat. Initially, I assumed allergy, and began upping my doses of antihistamine. I nipped to the chemist for nasal spray and eye drops to supplement my Piriteze, with an optimistic jaunt. […]
If you could had a bicycling 6th sense, or magical power – what would it be? Here are some suggestions, and a few examples where technology has made an attempt at creating them in reality… Eyes in the back of our heads It would be really helpful to know what was going on behind us. For […]
What is it like riding your first sportive? For me personally, I had a load of unanswered questions. I didn’t know whether I should be training, what should I take with me, what to expect, would it be my kind of thing. I ended up turning up unprepared, forgetting my required bicycle helmet and therefore […]
A reader recently got in touch about wrist pain their husband was experiencing whilst riding and she asked if I had any solutions. I jumped on our social media to ask what suggestions you had and there were some great tips from readers on Facebook and on Twitter. Thank you to everyone who took the […]
I invited London Cyclist reader Spencer to share his experience finding a solution to riding with poor eyesight. Judging by previous posts on a similar topic, this is something a number of readers have experienced. My eyesight is so poor not only would it be dangerous to ride without glasses, but it also causes […]
Most of us have cycle around daily with powerful GPS devices in our pockets: our iPhone and Android devices. A few of us even have a Garmin GPS. However, few people have used the GPS functionality beyond basic route planning apps such as Bike Hub and Google Maps. That’s a shame as it can be […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Why you should watch the Cyclocross in Milton Keynes on Saturday 26/11/2014
- How not to use bike lights 26/11/2014
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Spencer: I use two bikes. One has a pannier rack so one lig...
- MJ Ray: Correcting myself: it looks like the city centre c...
- MJ Ray: Why give the time from London Bridge? It's a half...
- MJ Ray: Why can't you see your light? I mentioned below t...
- MJ Ray: 700 lumens??? If you're riding off-road then you ...
- Alan Moore: I just leave mine on all the time.. doesn't reall...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now