Last week, we provided a list of bang for your buck upgrades that can transform your bike for as little as £5, but if you feel you’d rather get a new bike, than upgrade your old one, you’ve come to the right place with our guide to selling your bike. Bikes generally retain their value […]
Archive | Cycling tips RSS feed for this section
You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
Top tips for keeping your bike clean by Arragon’s Cycle Centre’s Head Mechanic, Phil Graham. Bike Week, which this year is June 14-22, identified that almost half of people with a bike can’t enjoy a ride this summer, as their bike is in too bad shape. Fortunately, Dr Bikes will be attending many of the events to help the […]
Nobody is perfect, and I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve made my fair share of cycling “faux pas” as I became more enthusiastic about my daily cycle. Maybe this quick list will help you avoid them or perhaps you can chuckle as you identify a couple you’ve made yourself. It’s worth saying that there’s […]
The week before last began with a little sniffle, some sneezing and what felt like a small rodent scratching at the back of my throat. Initially, I assumed allergy, and began upping my doses of antihistamine. I nipped to the chemist for nasal spray and eye drops to supplement my Piriteze, with an optimistic jaunt. […]
If you could had a bicycling 6th sense, or magical power – what would it be? Here are some suggestions, and a few examples where technology has made an attempt at creating them in reality… Eyes in the back of our heads It would be really helpful to know what was going on behind us. For […]
What is it like riding your first sportive? For me personally, I had a load of unanswered questions. I didn’t know whether I should be training, what should I take with me, what to expect, would it be my kind of thing. I ended up turning up unprepared, forgetting my required bicycle helmet and therefore […]
A reader recently got in touch about wrist pain their husband was experiencing whilst riding and she asked if I had any solutions. I jumped on our social media to ask what suggestions you had and there were some great tips from readers on Facebook and on Twitter. Thank you to everyone who took the […]
I invited London Cyclist reader Spencer to share his experience finding a solution to riding with poor eyesight. Judging by previous posts on a similar topic, this is something a number of readers have experienced. My eyesight is so poor not only would it be dangerous to ride without glasses, but it also causes […]
Most of us have cycle around daily with powerful GPS devices in our pockets: our iPhone and Android devices. A few of us even have a Garmin GPS. However, few people have used the GPS functionality beyond basic route planning apps such as Bike Hub and Google Maps. That’s a shame as it can be […]
Training on a bicycle indoors is not everybody’s idea of a good use of time – and I know that some readers out there use their wheels to commute, and so pounding away on a static trainer isn’t going to do the job for them. However, if you’re using your bike for sport, or thinking […]
We’ve all been there: it’s 6am, the alarm goes off – and it’s blowing a gale out there, the rain is hammering down – you just don’t feel like riding your bike. You come up with a few excuses, and convince yourself to find other means of transport. Well – don’t – because here are […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Vulpine Men’s Cotton Rain Trousers Review 30/09/2014
- 4 of the best backpacks for commuters 30/09/2014
- Road bikes: to Disc brake or not to disc brake? 30/09/2014
- New MiCycle opens in East London offering cyclists a bike wash 24/09/2014
- Going Dutch for a bike ride around London 24/09/2014
- Cycling caps – why would you wear one, how to wear one, and where to get one 24/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Donna @OrdCyclingGirl: Sounds like really good value for money and a grea...
- Phil: On the subject of carrying the lock, if you have a...
- official Slotomania hack: Nice blog here! Also your site rather a lot up fas...
- Tom: Another vote for Avid BB7's here, so good and so ...
- Dave: Use Topeak's MTX quick track bag and beam rack sy...
- slotomania games best odds: Hi, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcou...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now