The festive season is often associated with back-to-back parties, three course meals, and the mad rush to pick up all your Christmas presents in time for the 25th December – all those things don’t usually equate to being your fittest ever (maybe the last one…). However, if you’ve got cycling goals for 2015, or you just […]
Archive | Cycling tips RSS feed for this section
Cycling is fantastic for you – it’s a great way of getting exercise without pounding your joints and since it’s not weight bearing, cyclists generally get fewer injuries than runners. However, many bike riders still suffer from the odd niggle, and Yoga can definitely help. Yoga can benefit cyclists through: Stretching out tight muscles Bending […]
Let’s say I: Own a £1000 bike Plus £150 worth of bike accessories – my lock, lights, mudguard etc. I tend to leave my bike in my house and at work in a secure garage. Once a week I leave my bike overnight in London, when I go out for after work drinks (Around 14 hours) I have a […]
Fact: riding over the summer months is much easier than keeping up the pedalling momentum past October. However, that doesn’t make it any less rewarding, any less fun or any less convenient. Here are 8 ways to make sure you don’t stop getting out on your bike as the weather turns, and help ensure you enjoy […]
Last week, we provided a list of bang for your buck upgrades that can transform your bike for as little as £5, but if you feel you’d rather get a new bike, than upgrade your old one, you’ve come to the right place with our guide to selling your bike. Bikes generally retain their value […]
You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
Top tips for keeping your bike clean by Arragon’s Cycle Centre’s Head Mechanic, Phil Graham. Bike Week, which this year is June 14-22, identified that almost half of people with a bike can’t enjoy a ride this summer, as their bike is in too bad shape. Fortunately, Dr Bikes will be attending many of the events to help the […]
Nobody is perfect, and I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve made my fair share of cycling “faux pas” as I became more enthusiastic about my daily cycle. Maybe this quick list will help you avoid them or perhaps you can chuckle as you identify a couple you’ve made yourself. It’s worth saying that there’s […]
The week before last began with a little sniffle, some sneezing and what felt like a small rodent scratching at the back of my throat. Initially, I assumed allergy, and began upping my doses of antihistamine. I nipped to the chemist for nasal spray and eye drops to supplement my Piriteze, with an optimistic jaunt. […]
If you could had a bicycling 6th sense, or magical power – what would it be? Here are some suggestions, and a few examples where technology has made an attempt at creating them in reality… Eyes in the back of our heads It would be really helpful to know what was going on behind us. For […]
What is it like riding your first sportive? For me personally, I had a load of unanswered questions. I didn’t know whether I should be training, what should I take with me, what to expect, would it be my kind of thing. I ended up turning up unprepared, forgetting my required bicycle helmet and therefore […]
A reader recently got in touch about wrist pain their husband was experiencing whilst riding and she asked if I had any solutions. I jumped on our social media to ask what suggestions you had and there were some great tips from readers on Facebook and on Twitter. Thank you to everyone who took the […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 most popular London Cyclist posts in 2014 15/12/2014
- London Cycle Hire price changes from January 2015 15/12/2014
- Staying cycling fit over Christmas 15/12/2014
- LUMO cycling gear for stylish visibility 15/12/2014
- Amazon but for local bike shops 11/12/2014
- How to wrap bar tape, and 5 cool designs 11/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Matt_Z: It's called a "Blaze" Bike light. Lot of fuss ...
- Mark: ohh it has a remote cable too!? thats great, i mig...
- Gary: Hi Mark, You would put the Orp near the handleb...
- DoyleRickett: It really is pretty easy yet it will need some pat...
- Mark: hi gary. thanks for th advice but i like the idea ...
- Gary: I have been using my Orp (see above) for about 11 ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets