We’ve all been there – early morning ride to work, the journey back after a long day, or perhaps your planned long weekend ride – all can become an epic slog if the wind decides to try and blow you back to where you came from. Here’s some advice on making it a tad more […]
Archive | Cycling tips RSS feed for this section
The turn of the year often encourages people to make resolutions to get fit, or save money – and the good news is that cycling allows you to do both. If you’ve started cycling recently, you may be coming across questions that you’d never considered before. If so, here’s a look at 10 of the […]
We’ve had some bouts of super cold weather recently. At the London Cyclist we’re always keen to help you keep pedaling in winter, but icy conditions can be dangerous, and sometimes you need to either adapt your ride or try something a little different. Adapt your route Riding in the city center, on roads with […]
Every January, people all over the world make plans to “be more organised”, “eat better”, “exercise” or “give up smoking”, and unfortunately many fail. If you’ve decided that in 2015 you’re going to either start cycling, or cycle more, then we’re here to help make sure you’ll still be aboard two wheels come December 2015. […]
The festive season is often associated with back-to-back parties, three course meals, and the mad rush to pick up all your Christmas presents in time for the 25th December – all those things don’t usually equate to being your fittest ever (maybe the last one…). However, if you’ve got cycling goals for 2015, or you just […]
Cycling is fantastic for you – it’s a great way of getting exercise without pounding your joints and since it’s not weight bearing, cyclists generally get fewer injuries than runners. However, many bike riders still suffer from the odd niggle, and Yoga can definitely help. Yoga can benefit cyclists through: Stretching out tight muscles Bending […]
Let’s say I: Own a £1000 bike Plus £150 worth of bike accessories – my lock, lights, mudguard etc. I tend to leave my bike in my house and at work in a secure garage. Once a week I leave my bike overnight in London, when I go out for after work drinks (Around 14 hours) I have a […]
Fact: riding over the summer months is much easier than keeping up the pedalling momentum past October. However, that doesn’t make it any less rewarding, any less fun or any less convenient. Here are 8 ways to make sure you don’t stop getting out on your bike as the weather turns, and help ensure you enjoy […]
Last week, we provided a list of bang for your buck upgrades that can transform your bike for as little as £5, but if you feel you’d rather get a new bike, than upgrade your old one, you’ve come to the right place with our guide to selling your bike. Bikes generally retain their value […]
You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
Top tips for keeping your bike clean by Arragon’s Cycle Centre’s Head Mechanic, Phil Graham. Bike Week, which this year is June 14-22, identified that almost half of people with a bike can’t enjoy a ride this summer, as their bike is in too bad shape. Fortunately, Dr Bikes will be attending many of the events to help the […]
Nobody is perfect, and I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve made my fair share of cycling “faux pas” as I became more enthusiastic about my daily cycle. Maybe this quick list will help you avoid them or perhaps you can chuckle as you identify a couple you’ve made yourself. It’s worth saying that there’s […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- Sticking to resolutions: Taking up cycling, or cycling more in 2015 30/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Camden Cycles: Cycling is the hobby which one can acquire almost ...
- Andy: A very short wheelbase with very narrow bars, sadd...
- Peter: The blurb on the Strida site says "Real cool ap...
- yeeha: I tried with Nokia Lumia, I couldn't find the App...
- andy: Wow. Zombie thread revival. Will check that out, c...
- Reid: Hi Andy, here is the solution to your problems. Pa...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets