There were many things I expected of Cuba before I landed. Cars from a bygone era, shops with empty shelves and wall murals of Che Guevara and the revolution. However, on my flight in to the country my mind was elsewhere. I was worried about actually being allowed past emigration. As a British citizen with [...]
Tag Archives | travel
I currently find myself over 5,000 miles away from London in Guatemala. (I’d forgotten what it was like to be warm and walk around in a t-shirt – very nice!). In the run up to the trip I strongly considered bringing my bike over here with me. Eventually, I decided that it would be easier [...]
How two of my friends planned their cycling adventure to Australia and how you can do a similar trip
In my free Guide to Cycling in London I mentioned two of my friends Dan and Alex who are moving from London to Melbourne in Australia and doing so by bike. Their trip will take 8 months and I’m sure will be the adventure of a lifetime. As I write this they are just a [...]
When I flew to Brazil, I knew one of the highlights of the trip would be cycling the length of Ipanema and Copacabana beach. Both beaches offers views that are nothing short of spectacular. Look around you and you will see plenty of gorgeous Brazilians going about tanning, swimming and drinking Caipirinha. (Or Caipis as [...]
After 4 vaccination jabs, 17 hours on a plane, 3 in-flight meals, 6 forms confirming I don’t have swine flu, 8 hours sleeping on a floor and one angry visa control officer I found myself in Vietnam. The first thing that I encounter is absolute mayhem. The streets in Hanoi are nothing like I would [...]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 10 of the best cycling forums 18/06/2013
- Cyclist rant: London’s potholes 14/06/2013
- Merino tops for cyclists 12/06/2013
- Do you use a bike bell? 11/06/2013
- Google Glass and cycling – a match made in heaven? 10/06/2013
- 10 of the most popular London cycling blogs 07/06/2013
- VR46: Hi everyone, my first post here even though I am ...
- pm: I agree, except what I see is that a large proport...
- Akos Szilvasi: London? Huh! Has anyone visited the Boston area (M...
- Andy: Singletrack Mountain Bike magazine has one of the ...
- Ron: You missed cyclechat.net which has a huge followin...
- Nick: www.wheelsuckers.cc is my favourite. One of the...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets