There were many things I expected of Cuba before I landed. Cars from a bygone era, shops with empty shelves and wall murals of Che Guevara and the revolution. However, on my flight in to the country my mind was elsewhere. I was worried about actually being allowed past emigration. As a British citizen with […]
Tag Archives | travel
I currently find myself over 5,000 miles away from London in Guatemala. (I’d forgotten what it was like to be warm and walk around in a t-shirt – very nice!). In the run up to the trip I strongly considered bringing my bike over here with me. Eventually, I decided that it would be easier […]
How two of my friends planned their cycling adventure to Australia and how you can do a similar trip
In my free Guide to Cycling in London I mentioned two of my friends Dan and Alex who are moving from London to Melbourne in Australia and doing so by bike. Their trip will take 8 months and I’m sure will be the adventure of a lifetime. As I write this they are just a […]
When I flew to Brazil, I knew one of the highlights of the trip would be cycling the length of Ipanema and Copacabana beach. Both beaches offers views that are nothing short of spectacular. Look around you and you will see plenty of gorgeous Brazilians going about tanning, swimming and drinking Caipirinha. (Or Caipis as […]
After 4 vaccination jabs, 17 hours on a plane, 3 in-flight meals, 6 forms confirming I don’t have swine flu, 8 hours sleeping on a floor and one angry visa control officer I found myself in Vietnam. The first thing that I encounter is absolute mayhem. The streets in Hanoi are nothing like I would […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Cycling for those with poor eyesight 22/04/2014
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- mtv video music awards 2014: What's up colleagues, іts fantastic post гegard...
- cL0h: I use a regular light too. Specifically I us a fen...
- Sharon: Hi Caroline, Please let me know where you had your...
- Caroline: Spencer I also had extreme astigmatism and could n...
- Vincent: > My glasses are quite close fitting to my face...
- Steven Harding: I'm also a massive Carradice fan! Oh no, hang ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets