The snow is coming down over London and many cycle commuters will be having a chilly ride home, beautifully framed by snowflakes. This morning I cycled in with a friend of mine, to show her the ropes about cycling in London. Her biggest complaint: “It’s too hot! I’m sweating!” It’s bitter sweet that on one [...]
Tag Archives | snow
Guest post by Godwyns Onwuchekwa Due to the treacherous nature of snow, it can be difficult for the non-fair-weather cyclist to keep up. But there is always a way. For me, the more dangerous it is to cycle, the merrier I am. Living in London for nearly 7 years now and cycling for 6 of [...]
It was a very entertaining bike ride yesterday in the London snow. On the main roads everything was fine as they had been gritted and so many cars had already travelled on them. On the side roads however it was a bit of a different story. As anyone who tried a bit of ski cycling [...]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 10 of the best cycling forums 18/06/2013
- Cyclist rant: London’s potholes 14/06/2013
- Merino tops for cyclists 12/06/2013
- Do you use a bike bell? 11/06/2013
- Google Glass and cycling – a match made in heaven? 10/06/2013
- 10 of the most popular London cycling blogs 07/06/2013
- Jimniod: Perhaps all roads should be allowed to decay to ru...
- Hugo: On the contrary, I think it is perfectly relevant....
- Nick: Chris, either Nicholas is a troll or he needs to b...
- Jon: When I am on my bike I prefer to treat pedestrians...
- Chris: Are you mad, or just plain dumb? This is exactly ...
- Nicholas Fripp: I agree a bell is useless in warning motorists, bu...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now