It’s true to say, there’s a certain romance surrounding building your own bike. Knowing that the bike you are riding is the result of hard work, sweat and many trials and even more errors. More through the power of perseverance, as opposed to extensive knowledge, I recently completed my single speed project. Here is what […]
Tag Archives | single speed
On a rainy day a few weeks ago I met with Alex behind the iPhone cycle hire app in The Southwark Tavern (great pub!). He was excited to show me his newest creation. He’d picked up a bike frame on Freecycle, put together various components from bike shops, other bikes, second hand and so forth […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- New cycle safety film illustrates a lorry driver’s perspective 10/12/2013
- What is your bike made of? Bike frame materials and their properties 05/12/2013
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- I would cycle but it’s…. 28/11/2013
- Knog Blinder Road Light review 25/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Richard: Love how the bus at 1.51 is encroaching on the ASL...
- Dave McCraw (@david_mccraw): The video is a great example of our failure to dea...
- Dave: I have supported my LBS buying lamps, tyres, derai...
- Alexis: And it would be very cheap and very easy to instal...
- John Yong: Hi, I own a bike which has been used only a couple...
- Winter Bike Maintenance Tips | CYCLE CENTRE: […] Winter as the more frequent wet weather ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets