It’s been a while since I’ve shared a London cycle route as truth be told, I’ve not been doing much cycling outside the centre of London. However, a friend of mine recently took me out on this ride and I wanted to share it with you guys – just in case we suddenly get a […]
Tag Archives | road cycling
We’ve looked at some of the best value for money road bikes, great road cycling routes near London and why you may want a road bike. A couple of commenters have asked about what it is like to ride a road bike around London. As I’ve been testing the Trek Madone 3.1 this would be […]
What makes a good road cycling route? Living in central London means the little quiet country lanes that are excellent for road cycling are often a short train ride away. Therefore, when I’m researching a good route I tend to look for easy train access. Ideally, I want the cycle route to be a good […]
If you’ve decided a road bike is what you are looking for, then it makes sense to get the most value for your money. Below, I’ve rounded up three road bikes that promise to perform to a high level without depleting your wallet. Remember, when buying a bike the most important measurement isn’t necessarily your […]
The overriding message of this blog, from the beginning, is that cycling can be done with any bike. I’m living proof of this. If you ever popped round to my house for a cup of tea, looking outside at the tatty old hybrid bike you’d wonder if it really is “the London Cyclist” who lives […]
Note: Sponsored by Oakley There’s a cool new viral marketing campaign making the rounds featuring Mark Cavendish promoting Oakley Sunglasses. You can join it here. It’s pretty cool / scary how it connects with your Facebook. Based on the choices you make in the video you have different outcomes. As someone who’s only just getting […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top 10 European Cycling Destinations 24/02/2015
- 5 of the best bike storage options 24/02/2015
- Build your dream bike step-by-step with the BYOB workshop 23/02/2015
- What’s the most versatile style of bike? 20/02/2015
- Laundrapp review – laundry for busy people 17/02/2015
- 3 stretches and massage techniques that are great for cyclists 16/02/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Amoeba: "I just wish some of the cyclists wouldn’t use ...
- Jon: While I agree some of the roads in Amsterdam can b...
- John: Agreed after all for most urban settings I think t...
- NOD: I just wish some of the cyclists wouldn't use the...
- Graeme Sandell: Hi First the pedantic point which is that I sus...
- chris has: everyone has there own personel stories which is f...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now