On London Cyclist we offer our online bike maintenance course and the Bike Doctor app, but if you are looking for bike maintenance books, then I can certainly recommend a few of them! Note that I’ve not found a good book with repair instructions for hub gears and hub brakes. If anyone has – please […]
Tag Archives | london cyclist
While the Queen celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, we’ve got our own two big reasons to celebrate on London Cyclist Blog. The first is that we have just surpassed 10,000 followers on Twitter. That’s almost double what we had this time last year and it makes London Cyclist one of the most popular cycling Twitter accounts […]
I’ve launched a fun little side project today to London Cyclist which should complement some of the things we cover here on the blog. It’s the London Cyclist Shop (creative naming, I know) which aims to sell only a small selection of some of the best cycling gear we’ve previously reviewed and loved. The first […]
We shall pedal on the narrow streets of London, we shall pedal on the cycle superhighways, we shall pedal through commons and A roads, we shall never stop pedalling until we come first in the London Cycle Challenge! It’s that time of the year again. When Boris calls me up and says: Andreas, will you, […]
Bike Lock Guide When people approach you all teary eyed that their bike was stolen you’ll be able to cold heartedly say to them: Didn’t you read that blog post on London Cyclist with all those good bike locks? Cold but it’s for their own good! Top 50 cycling blogs 2010 The monster list of […]
Last Wednesday I posted up a survey to find out what everyone wanted from London Cyclist in the new year. An impressive 438 people responded within a week! Thank you to you all. I wanted to post up the responses here and give some insider information on where I’ll be taking London Cyclist in the […]
Quick heads up to Romster Bike Wear who sent me this awesome cogs t-shirt! They’ve even set up a 10% discount code for any London Cyclist readers who likes one of their designs. Isn’t that nice? Use the code LONDON10 at checkout. Thank you to our Sponsors! Access Legal who provide legal assistance for cyclists […]
As soon as my delayed Easyjet flight landed in London around 1am and I got my very tired self home I remembered the post I had written last week. I asked all of you to send me in some birthday wishes. I was worried to check it because what if there was just 2 comments […]
Today I’m releasing a second eBook to subscribers called “Guide to Cycling in London”. Most of the content from it is applicable to cycling in any city. It is a 37 page eBook filled with great cycling advice catered for everyday cyclists. Here is quick overview of what you get: How to find the perfect […]
London Cyclist now has over 2000 newsletter subscribers! (A 110% growth on last month!) That’s fantastic news and if you haven’t joined yet then here’s 10 reasons I think you’ll love it: 1. Exclusive tips Every month I send out a new exclusive tip not available on the blog. This can help save you money, […]
The prospect of cycling 7 miles around central London completely naked has never exactly been in my “100 things to do before I die” list. Nor, for that matter, has it ever featured in my nightmares. So I went along to this year’s London Naked Bike Ride with a completely open mind and unsure as […]
Dave from Cycle Training UK shows me how I should be cycling around London for better safety and efficiency. Full write up next week with some amazing tips I learned. Cycling on the way back I came across the horrendous Oxford Circus roadworks currently taking place. Along the course of the roadworks is the tribute […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- SteveP: I see a lot of horses on my country rides, and I a...
- SteveP: +1 for gloves (and clipless pedals). I use the CO2...
- Paul King: Regarding train capacity on the Cheshunt - Liverpo...
- Tarek: did you get it all back in 1 piece? well done btw...
- Matt: I clean my bike religiously. As for 'skunk strip...
- Jules: Living and riding in the Surrey Hills I encounter ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists