You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Even then, will the weather do the same thing all day? Of course not! Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When […]
Tag Archives | jacket
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
To say that the British weather is indecisive is an understatement. As such, a light waterproof jacket that can pack down in to a small size is a nice addition to anyone’s ever growing collection of cycling goods. When the rain comes down, you can pull over to the side of the road and put […]
The rain and cold weather are no reason to stop cycling through the winter. With the correct gear, you can transform your ride from cold and wet, to a warm and cosy feeling. Whilst some cyclists opt for waterproof macs, today we’re going to focus on jackets. How to pick the right winter cycling jacket […]
Provoked by the hosepipe ban, in the past 30 days we’ve seen the skies opening and unleashing their rainy fury on London’s cyclists. In response, I’ve been testing out the DHB Sync Waterproof Jacket (59.99 Wiggle). The ultimate solution for the worst weather that can be thrown at a cyclist. Let’s get one thing clear, […]
Post by Katy Beveridge I don’t often get excited about bike clothes. That’s to say they’re often bought with a sense of begrudging necessity. Bike clothes, especially for women, still find it hard to know where they stand with us. I almost gagged the other day in a rather trendy bike shop on Upper Street […]
The Rapha Bomber Jacket initially retailed at £210. The newer version is available for £150. The question is: Even at the new price point, is it worth it? Compliments ahoy Let’s start with the looks, because this jacket is going to attract plenty of them. The Bomber Jacket can just as easily be worn off […]
A jacket that I’ve increasingly found myself wearing on rides is the Bontrager Commuting Jacket. It’s a very stylish windproof jacket that is suited to “cool spring mornings and evenings”. Windproof jackets have the advantage of keeping you cool through use of breathable fabrics. This is something that can be rarely matched by waterproof jackets, […]
The DHB Minima is a lightweight jacket designed to be thrown in your bag and forgotten about until it starts to rain. It solves two problems all cyclists face: Staying dry and knowing what to pack in the morning. Here is my review. The Minima jacket comes in both a Male and Female version. I’ve […]
Visibility is something that a lot of cyclists take very seriously. No doubt the image of a car not spotting you in the dark is a scary one. One company that has jumped on this need is Proviz. They’re providing a range of reflective cycling gear. They recently got in touch and offered a couple […]
I’ve always been under the impression if you are looking for a good cycling jacket you should spend £100 or more. If you spend less than that you have to compromise on some of the water getting in, not a great fit and expect to sweat more due to less breathability. Back when I did […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Pat: Focus the lights onto the roadway, to the front. ...
- Osman: hi I want to see pictures of your folding bike ....
- David Farr: Hi Dave, sorry to hear you are having trouble fitt...
- Sarah: Hello I've been hunting around for mountain biki...
- Dave: Thanks Rossco, Good luck to you too....
- Rossco: I'm riding for breast cancer care. Good luck to ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now