I recently bought myself a second hand fixed gear bike, from the LFGSS forums. My aim was to try out fixed gear riding around London. The steep learning curve Fixed gear bikes are different from the freewheel bikes most of us are used to. Put quite simply, if you stop pedalling on a normal freewheel […]
Tag Archives | fixed gear
On a rainy day a few weeks ago I met with Alex behind the iPhone cycle hire app in The Southwark Tavern (great pub!). He was excited to show me his newest creation. He’d picked up a bike frame on Freecycle, put together various components from bike shops, other bikes, second hand and so forth […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Gearing up after Cycle to Work day success? 04/09/2015
- New legislation forces lorries to use new safety measures 02/09/2015
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andrew: As well as mirrors on the lorries, perhaps we shou...
- Alan: Spot on!...
- Kie: A small step in the right direction, now we just n...
- Harry: I feel sorry to reading the story. I think every d...
- MJ Ray: Exactly! That's the problem I have. In about thre...
- AS: Hi Higgs, Can you share the route you found please...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets