I recently bought myself a second hand fixed gear bike, from the LFGSS forums. My aim was to try out fixed gear riding around London. The steep learning curve Fixed gear bikes are different from the freewheel bikes most of us are used to. Put quite simply, if you stop pedalling on a normal freewheel […]
Tag Archives | fixed gear
On a rainy day a few weeks ago I met with Alex behind the iPhone cycle hire app in The Southwark Tavern (great pub!). He was excited to show me his newest creation. He’d picked up a bike frame on Freecycle, put together various components from bike shops, other bikes, second hand and so forth […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 8 tips for riding home in the dark 29/10/2014
- How to put a bike away for hibernation (if you must!) 26/10/2014
- Comprehensive look at bicycle insurance options 25/10/2014
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Kristin: I live in Florida, so I bike 365 days a year. My t...
- Richard: Ninja Cyclist - rides at night in black clothing w...
- Nyge: Hi Viz or 800 Lumens - it's got to be better than...
- Mark: i wear all white, on an all white bike. i think t...
- Fergus: Yes, but only if a sufficiently bright light is sh...
- Fergus: What I've noticed is that the front light (assumi...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets