I recently bought myself a second hand fixed gear bike, from the LFGSS forums. My aim was to try out fixed gear riding around London. The steep learning curve Fixed gear bikes are different from the freewheel bikes most of us are used to. Put quite simply, if you stop pedalling on a normal freewheel […]
Tag Archives | fixed gear
On a rainy day a few weeks ago I met with Alex behind the iPhone cycle hire app in The Southwark Tavern (great pub!). He was excited to show me his newest creation. He’d picked up a bike frame on Freecycle, put together various components from bike shops, other bikes, second hand and so forth […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Hit by a car turning left, this cyclist decided to pursue a claim 01/08/2014
- Best carbon road bikes for under £1000 31/07/2014
- GPS bike locks 30/07/2014
- Knog Party Combo bike lock review 29/07/2014
- Shipping your bike 28/07/2014
- 3 things I prefer about cycling in Austin, Texas 27/07/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Kie: Weight?...
- Kie: I was knocked off a few weeks back, same scenario,...
- Andreas: That looks like a rather nice bit of kit too. Chee...
- Andy Ball: Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these. The Ribb...
- John: I got one of the Planet X bikes nearly 7 years ago...
- Mario: Wiggle's own-brand Verenti Insighght 0.3 had a gr...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists