The Euston road is busy, crowded, fast paced and now has an Olympic lane sprawled across it. Some “urban warrior” style cyclists love these conditions. Others, prefer the tranquillity of a back route. The joys include less traffic, a more relaxed pace and far more pleasant surroundings. As well as the opportunity to discover new […]
Tag Archives | cyclist
If you think the idea of cyclists wearing headphones is one of the stupidest things you’ve ever heard then that would make two of us. It’s why when I was approached by Chilli Technology to review their Bone Conduction Headphones my interest was piqued. The headphones claim to allow you to keep awareness of your […]
Question: Is it legal or technically illegal to “scoot” your bike on a pavement? Scooting is what you can see the adorable granny doing in the video above (thanks @yvessalmon for sharing!) Totally fine! I do it all the time Illegal! I know I may be fined for this This was the question posed […]
Sipping on a few beers enjoying a rare sunny day in London my friend asked: “How’s the blog?”. “Yeah, pretty good, I’m writing a new eBook” I replied. “You are writing a new what?” my clearly internet illiterate friend asked. “A new eBook – you know a downloadable book.” “Oh right, what on?” “Well, how […]
To drift away just a little from the typical topics discussed on this blog I wanted to mention one of the coolest gifts I got this Christmas. A Kenwood Smoothie To Go smoothie maker! (Amazon have it for just £19.99 here or even cheaper if you pop into a Robert Dyas) Next time you cycle […]
This is a guest post from Verity who wanted to share some great stretches that keep your cycling position pain free. If it’s good enough for Lance.. Being a keen daily cyclist and a yoga teacher, I am often wondering how many London cyclists actually stretch out their cycling muscles. I wonder like me, if […]
This is typically the time of the year when we set new goals for ourselves. During January I’ll be posting more about how to keep the resolution to start cycling. Hopefully you guys will be kind enough to forward the articles to your non-cycling buddies! Here are 5 good new years resolutions if you are […]
A London Cyclist reader recently got in touch to tell me about her watery eyes during the cold winter cycling. I wanted to share the solution here in-case anyone else was facing the same issue. The reader tried two things. The first was a moisturiser from the chemist for beneath the eyes. This made little […]
During the tube strikes a good friend of mine cycled from St John’s Wood to Canary Wharf for the first time. He enjoyed his cycle but on the way back he enjoyed it even more. This is because he was cycling with someone else from work. He found cycling with someone else not only meant […]
The law and cycling have always had a tough relationship. On one hand cyclists are road users and therefore should follow the rules of the road like everyone else. On the other if a cyclist doesn’t follow the rules the consequences are likely to be less severe simply considering the size of a bike versus […]
Today I’m releasing a second eBook to subscribers called “Guide to Cycling in London”. Most of the content from it is applicable to cycling in any city. It is a 37 page eBook filled with great cycling advice catered for everyday cyclists. Here is quick overview of what you get: How to find the perfect […]
Yesterday, I received an email from Jared who wanted help from fellow London Cyclists and passers by to back him up against the taxi driver who swerved across in front of him and caused a collision. The taxi driver then proceeded to strangle Jared until he fell unconscious. This happened on March the 9th at […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- Sticking to resolutions: Taking up cycling, or cycling more in 2015 30/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Graeme: Actually rather amusing to see Andy's initial com...
- Phil: I remember riding a Strida back in 1990; very unst...
- Mike: As a car driver I am always considerate to all oth...
- Andy: A very short wheelbase with very narrow bars, sadd...
- Peter: The blurb on the Strida site says "Real cool ap...
- yeeha: I tried with Nokia Lumia, I couldn't find the App...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets