The sun is shining on my back when suddenly I hear a beep – my Garmin 705 is delivering its next set of instructions. Written on the screen is turn left at the roundabout with a big arrow making things simple. I’m riding on the outskirts of London following a beautiful ride and I barely […]
Tag Archives | cycling
It feels like just yesterday I was hearing the exciting news of the 2012 Olympics coming to London. Having visited Greece in 2004 to watch various events I was excited to once again be living in an Olympic city. As of now the “lottery tickets” are available. This means you apply for various events and […]
To drift away just a little from the typical topics discussed on this blog I wanted to mention one of the coolest gifts I got this Christmas. A Kenwood Smoothie To Go smoothie maker! (Amazon have it for just £19.99 here or even cheaper if you pop into a Robert Dyas) Next time you cycle […]
Stuck behind a huge bus blocking the full lane I leaned over to the left to see if there was any way past it. No way, jose. I leaned to the right to see if there was room to manoeuvre to the right. Not unless I could suddenly decrease my mass to that of a […]
I know more than one person who’s new year’s resolution is to start cycling. As a regular reader of this blog you’ve probably already made the jump to cyclist but maybe some of your friends haven’t. Send them the link to this post on their Facebook or email because it will help them out with […]
Want to know one of the most searched for items this time of the year? Winter cycling gloves. If you manage to wake up from your huge Turkey Christmas dinner induced coma and look out the window you’ll understand why. On my hunt for winter cycling glove nirvana, that magical moment when your hands are […]
Guest post by Godwyns Onwuchekwa Due to the treacherous nature of snow, it can be difficult for the non-fair-weather cyclist to keep up. But there is always a way. For me, the more dangerous it is to cycle, the merrier I am. Living in London for nearly 7 years now and cycling for 6 of […]
Just shared this on my Twitter but thought it would probably be of interest here on the blog too.. Cycle Gaz who runs The Views of a Cyclist from Croydon was yesterday hit by a car as he cycled on the bus lane. Here is the YouTube of the accident: Fortunately he has escaped without […]
When winter arrives everyone has their own way of dealing with it. Mine is to hibernate and spend as much time in bed as possible. When I do finally manage to get myself out of bed and hop on the bike I end up thoroughly enjoying the winter cycling. With the change of conditions on […]
A London Cyclist reader recently got in touch to tell me about her watery eyes during the cold winter cycling. I wanted to share the solution here in-case anyone else was facing the same issue. The reader tried two things. The first was a moisturiser from the chemist for beneath the eyes. This made little […]
A couple of weeks ago we looked into the winter cycling gear that can make winter cycling more enjoyable. I wanted to check in with you guys and see how it’s all coming along. Post a comment with.. How are you finding the shorter daylight hours? The colder weather? The rain? And what sort of […]
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When the weather isn’t quite cold enough for a full cycling jacket but you’re not […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to set up a new bike 27/11/2015
- ‘Cycle Revolution’ at the Design Museum. 25/11/2015
- A first Christmas list – things to keep relatives happy 20/11/2015
- 8 rookie bike maintenance mistakes 20/11/2015
- CS5 – one step closer to cycling utopia? 19/11/2015
- How to Clean Your Bicycle 13/11/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- エルメス時計 ベルト zozo: 海外直営店直接買い付け！★ 2015年注...
- MJ Ray: Two tips: To get a starting point for the handl...
- John Holiday: Not to be too 'picky', but Bromptons are Folders...
- MJ Ray: Are there any adapted cycles on display? I'm not ...
- Ian: I've had one since January this year and it's a ...
- al: Not all threads should be greased. The jockey whee...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now